Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Living with a CzW....

Living with a CzW.... Stories as forewarnings for future owners.... everything about the character of Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs

Old 22-12-2011, 04:51   #1
Gypsy Wolf

Default Further Adventures of Pollux

So as posted previously, we placed Pollux Crying Wolf in a local home with his firefighter owner and girlfriend. Pollux never ceases to amaze us.
Firstly, he wooed the girlfriend into falling in love with him, and apparently he is even more loving and responsive to her, as opposed to the firefighter who actually adopted him.
The adoptors keep in touch with us regularly to share stories - and I meet with them every once in a while to have a play date. Last play date was at the firefighter's parent's home in a rural area. Pollux loves running around free and I was invited to bring a dog of mine to run around with him. The property is not fenced, but USUALLY Pollux stays within the boundaries... well, a couple of weeks ago, the firefighter arrived to the property and Pollux went running off to the back of the property, easily cleared the horse fencing so he could go ROLL IN FRESH HORSE POO. He leaped back to his owner when called - proudly smelling horrible.
They also tell me that Pollux is no longer crated when they are not home - he apparently does not do any damage, however he DID learn how to open doors... which leads me to his next adventure... Pollux LOVES going for rides in the Jeep, so the other day, with his owners gone, he opened the door from the house into the garage and tried to find a way to get into the Jeep. Paw and nose prints were all over the Jeep, but he couldn't get in. So, in true Vlcak fashion, he figured out the only way in was to chew a Pollux-sized hole in the Jeep's Soft-top and climb in! So, $1300.00+ later, they still love him! They now just make sure all their doors are locked and Pollux-proof...
Gypsy Wolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 12:02   #2
Shadowlands

What a wonderful story. I am so happy Pollux is so accepted and settled. The firefighter and his girlfriend are obviously true Vlcak people - no matter what he does, they still love him and learn their lesson They teach us more than we them, and that is what makes them so different

Wish them all a very Merry Christmas from us all here in Bulgaria - and to you too, of course
Shadowlands jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 14:14   #3
Vicky

Thanks so much for the update! It's great to have follow up after rescues, it must be so nice for you to still visit with everyone! Next time, take pictures.
Old 24-12-2011, 13:11   #4
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunas Mom View Post
Pollux LOVES going for rides in the Jeep, so the other day, with his owners gone, he opened the door from the house into the garage and tried to find a way to get into the Jeep. Paw and nose prints were all over the Jeep, but he couldn't get in. So, in true Vlcak fashion, he figured out the only way in was to chew a Pollux-sized hole in the Jeep's Soft-top and climb in! So, $1300.00+ later, they still love him! They now just make sure all their doors are locked and Pollux-proof...

Way to go Pollux Now they know not to ever live you alone again EVER !!!

PS, I know the feeling poooor car, DS

/ Mikael