Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breed standard & bonitations

Breed standard & bonitations How typical CzW should look like, measurements and commentaries to the breed standard, information about bonitations and youth presentations....

Old 08-06-2009, 16:00   #1
Vicky

Default "Dry" Body Type?

This may sound like a silly question, but what does it mean for a dog to have a "dry" body type? I've seen it mentioned in reference to CsVs, and also to huskies. From what I can tell, it sounds like a slim, athletic dog, is that right? Is there more to it than that? Thanks!
Old 08-06-2009, 16:53   #2
Juniorwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky View Post
This may sound like a silly question, but what does it mean for a dog to have a "dry" body type? I've seen it mentioned in reference to CsVs, and also to huskies. From what I can tell, it sounds like a slim, athletic dog, is that right? Is there more to it than that? Thanks!
I guess you could add no loose skin(dewlap etc.).

Greetings Rolf
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009, 19:43   #3
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky View Post
This may sound like a silly question, but what does it mean for a dog to have a "dry" body type? I've seen it mentioned in reference to CsVs, and also to huskies. From what I can tell, it sounds like a slim, athletic dog, is that right? Is there more to it than that?
If you want to evaluate (judge) a dog very fast (without taking into consiteration all the details written in tha standard) just look on its head and see the lips. By a typical CzW the lips must be closed and must make a slim black line. Here you have two good examples:

MALES:

FEMALES:

If the lips are hanging or even "open" (so you can see the gums) you can be sure the dog is not a very tipcal Wolfdog and for 100% it has many addtional faults like heavy (heavier) head, deep chest, short legs....

PS.
1) Evaluate ONLY adult dogs (3-4 years). By young dogs where the head is still developing it can happend that the lips are a little but hanging.
2) Evaluate ONLY awake dogs. Sleepy wolfdog do not keep their lips in good "position"

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP

Last edited by z Peronówki; 13-07-2009 at 19:46.
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 20:38   #4
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

I had the same question a couple of years ago, Vicky, in reference to the bonitation code (R)!

Here is the old thread:
http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6755
GalomyOak jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 12:11   #5
pariduzz

Send a message via MSN to pariduzz

But you look the strange cases of the life:a romantic and poetic photo with a dog that looks at a grain of snow must be uses for explaining the correct face