Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 21-04-2007, 20:52   #11
hanninadina

Send a message via Skype™ to hanninadina

Standard like wolf? Last weekend I was together with 5 wolves. 1 3 year old Carapatian had coat like longhair csw. One wolf 2 year old son of ural - russian - wolf had even more coat.

And what about italian people who go to shows, I know it from the Briards these people make their dogs really nice they wash them before show, they brush them, they comb them and tehy use hairdryers to blow them dry and then they look like collie. But if they were out in the rain, coming inside getting dry, they would look like ordinary csw.

Long hair dogs problems with heat? Of course not, my briard is going on every heat outside like csw. He has no more and no less problems. And Briads are able to run 100 km a day. Briads working on sheeps are doing this easy.

Working dog lines like border collie and briards with shorter coat? Sure, because they are going through everything like mud, water, trees bushes and so on. That is why their coat is shorter. And there is no time to brush and comb them everyday. The show dogs of these breeds are washed, blow dry with hair dryer and combed andbrushed. That is why they have much more longer coat. I know it because my Briard has parents with long couat really long coat but he is in the middle, because he is a working dog runing through fields, woods and so on.

So please keep on earth. It all has a reason why it so.

Christian
hanninadina jest offline   Reply With Quote