Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous All about Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs...

Old 19-01-2012, 13:48   #61
Ligerwolve2

Oh nice! Alpines are lovely.

I found talking to the quaratine people directly really helpful to get a better understanding. I look at the last few years as a chance to really get a good understanding of the dogs, breeders, import ect .

That sounds like a great plan and Im sure the breeder you go to will really appreciate the effort as well as the chance to get to know you
Ligerwolve2 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 12:48   #62
Tatanka1094
WEREWOLF

When a dog is in quarantine, where he is stationed?
I'll explain...for example if i live in a little city in the center of Australia, where the dog lived for the quarantine?
Old 31-01-2012, 16:17   #63
Shadowlands

As far as I am aware, the dog would be quarantined in the kennels at the point of entry (if the flight landed in Melbourne, then Melbourne; if at Sydney, then the quarantine would be Sydney).

If anyone knows the official answer, it would be great to know
Shadowlands jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 17:33   #64
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanka1094 View Post
When a dog is in quarantine, where he is stationed?
I'll explain...for example if i live in a little city in the center of Australia, where the dog lived for the quarantine?
There are designated quarantine stations, around 4, I think, through Australia. Visitation is allowed. A while ago I helped a friend import a dog to Australia. I'll dig up the station list in a bit.

ETA: Ah, here you go: http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs/accom it's about $100 to process the animal for intake, and then each day for a dog is $39.

Last edited by yukidomari; 31-01-2012 at 17:37.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 15:21   #65
Tatanka1094
WEREWOLF

Thank you!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:45   #66
Wolves

Yeah. The Quarantine staff collect the dog at the airport apon arrival. You're not permitted to visit the dog at the airport either, even if you're on the same flight as your dog, you still have to let them collect your dog.
Old 16-06-2012, 04:26   #67
mickwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolves View Post
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since there was any talk of Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs in Australia.

I read earlier that Sona Bognarova had moved to Australia and was looking at importing, but I can't see any updates on that. I also noticed Mick Wright's Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs, that are supposed to be mixes, they're still great, but I don't think he's selling any.

I've been considering importing, given I can't find anyone in Australia who appears to have any let alone be breeding. The only problem is, is that as of 2012, dogs have to be atleast 6 months before being imported to Australia. Most breeders don't seem keen on the idea of keeping them for that long.

Anybody have any infomation or updates on what's happening? Or has nothing changed since the last threads made about them in Australia.

-Thanks
hi there,

just a quick update...... only the male i have maybe a mix, the female is pure breed.

also puppies are on the way in the next few weeks.

Regards Mick.
mickwright jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 08:03   #68
Wolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickwright View Post
hi there,

just a quick update...... only the male i have maybe a mix, the female is pure breed.

Regards Mick.
Puppies are on the way in the next few weeks? Are you selling them? Because I would love to buy one. My email is [email protected] if you'd like to email me.

Thanks,
Nick
Old 16-06-2012, 12:39   #69
michaelundinaeichhorn

I am sorry but your Raven Spirit is for sure a mix.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 21:38   #70
tupacs2legs
rookie

Send a message via ICQ to tupacs2legs

So you are breeding 'mutts' ? (Nothing wrong with mutts as long as people know that's what they are getting ) I trust u are not representing them as csv?... Are they at least 'health tested'?

Last edited by tupacs2legs; 16-06-2012 at 21:41.
tupacs2legs jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012, 08:56   #71
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Sad that mix breeding seems to be the 'method of breeding' in countries where CsV are not so easy to get.

Guess people don't really want a CsV or love the breed - simply they just want a 'wolfy looking mix'.
Old 24-06-2012, 15:51   #72
Sona_Bognarova

Hi there,

an update from my side too - I haven't imported my dog yet and for few personal reasons it seems I will not import him in Australia. I am still planning to bring pure CSW here, sooner or later. As for importing, breeding and selling/buying CSW with unclear origin in Australia - it is matter of everyone's choice. So far, I haven't met ANYONE in Australia who would be really serious about importing pure CSW here. Because, if there was someone they would have done it already. I went through all authorities not only about importing but also about having them recognised by ANKC, it is quite complicated and costly, but POSSIBLE. If I knew someone here who really means it I would help and I believe there are breeders in Europe who would help too. But honestly, if there is such immediate interest to buy mix pups just to get something resembling CSW and presented as such, instead of importing one, hate me or not, Australia is not ready.
Sona_Bognarova jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 04:24   #73
mickwright

Unhappy

hi all,

feel like im caught between a rock and a hard place........

my partner (at the time) talked me into import the dogs, he is german and at the time we went to germany and i lived there for 6 months to minimize the quarantine time in australia which only ended up being 1 month at the quarantine station in sydney. (total quarantine time is 180 days with minimum 30 days at the quarantine station)

not long after we had our dogs he up and left Australia, leaving me with them.

regards mick.
mickwright jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 20:46   #74
michaelundinaeichhorn

This might be the reason why you did import them but that can´t be the reason why you bred them.

Ina
Old 26-06-2012, 09:37   #75
Shadowlands

I'm sorry to hear of your situation but, the like Ina, I'm not quite sure what this has to do with cross breeding of your dogs

Also, if you were intending to breed, why didn't you import a breeding pair - surely it would have been just as easy to import 2 as 1 purebred dog?

Alas, it sounds like the situation (and mentality of many) in Oz is just like that in the UK
Old 03-07-2012, 09:03   #76
Wolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlands View Post
I'm sorry to hear of your situation but, the like Ina, I'm not quite sure what this has to do with cross breeding of your dogs

Also, if you were intending to breed, why didn't you import a breeding pair - surely it would have been just as easy to import 2 as 1 purebred dog?

Alas, it sounds like the situation (and mentality of many) in Oz is just like that in the UK
He did import a pair, and he is breeding from that pair. Please read the thread before posting and looking ignorant.
Old 03-07-2012, 14:14   #77
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
He did import a pair, and he is breeding from that pair. Please read the thread before posting and looking ignorant.
He did not import a breeding pair, but a breeding female and a probably mix-bred dog resembling a vlcak. Who knows what characteristics might such a mix carry in his genes?! Pink coat and brown nose of a saarlos? Extreme shyness of a wolfdog hybrid? Maybe deep chest and falling top line of a GSD?
Apparently this is not a breeding pair, but an "ersatz" of a breeding pair!

So please read the thread before posting and looking ignorant!

Quote:
But honestly, if there is such immediate interest to buy mix pups just to get something resembling CSW and presented as such, instead of importing one, hate me or not, Australia is not ready
You're right Sona: SOME Australians do not seem to understand that matching dogs has little to do with breeding!

Last edited by Rona; 03-07-2012 at 17:57.
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 16:49   #78
Shadowlands

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickwright
hi there,

Regards Mick.

Puppies are on the way in the next few weeks? Are you selling them? Because I would love to buy one. My email is [email protected] if you'd like to email me.

Thanks,
Nick
Quote:
I was referring to what Mick himself said, that the male is likely not pure. I would have thought that after going to all that effort and expense to import a pair of dogs, that it would have been worth having a breeding pair of PURE CsVs. I'm afraid it is not I who is looking ignorant here
Old 04-07-2012, 08:37   #79
Wolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlands View Post
I was referring to what Mick himself said, that the male is likely not pure. I would have thought that after going to all that effort and expense to import a pair of dogs, that it would have been worth having a breeding pair of PURE CsVs. I'm afraid it is not I who is looking ignorant here
Just go back and read. He thought the dogs were pure when he imported, it was only till he posted on this forum that he had people coming on saying they weren't pure, nor have any of these people posted proof of these dogs not being pure yet.

I created this thread to ask about any updates, not to have people come here go off topic, then start questioning other people. So far very few people have said anything constructive. If you don't have anything constructive to say, leave.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:06   #80
michaelundinaeichhorn

He could easily avoid the problem if he would have informed himself. Even if he wouldn´t have come to know that Raven Spirit are mixes with White Shepherds, he would have get the information - and without much bothering - that they don´t have any official FCI pedigrees. There are several breeders in Germany and two clubs and the VDH you can ask. These puppies are NOT Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs and therefor useless for the breed in Australia.

Apart from this: This is an open forum, the title of this thread is Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs - Australia, not "Wolves´ accepted updates only" there is no off topic here.

As always I have to agree with Sona, Australia is not ready yet.

Ina