Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 13-02-2004, 22:06   #1
solowolf

Default Czech Mutara-Gate

hi when is the new crossings taking place? what effect will this have on the breed with the F.C.I., with new wolf blood introduced it will put an end to the czech in the u.k, & most likely in some other european countries, we have fought hard for long time to turn the views on people from the words ( wolf hybred ) to (wolf dog) it states clearly in u.k kennel club rules & asks ( have any crossings taken place from breed register closed ) i fought hard to get this added, now it seems it has all been in vain, the gene pool for the czechs is surely big enough without new crossings, problems arise in all breeds from inbreeding & the constant use of the same stud dogs, new crossings will no dought improve things in the short term , if the animals used are o.k ???? but if breeders dont work together to help each other then it will soon be back to square one & a waste of time, lots of breeds have developed from four inital crossings & are doing well i have bred dogs for 30yrs & problems can be bred out but people must work together & i think in the complete interest of the czech a health data base should be set up dogs that are bred from & produce problems should be made knowen to other breeders, we are all breeders, have i bred dogs that have produced faults ? of coarse i have, & so has everyone else !! we should NEVER CONDEMN A BREEDER or certain lines when faults appear, like epilepsy, pra, ect we as breeders should try & help to solve the problem, not cast aside others who have been unlucky, for untill the day comes that we DNA test every dog before we breed then every time we breed we take a chance that all will be o.k, best regards paul winder
solowolf jest offline   Reply With Quote