Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > _Administration

_Administration Questions connected with Wolfdog.org, database and other technical matters....

Old 12-02-2011, 00:22   #41
alberto_cepedano

Send a message via MSN to alberto_cepedano

I have been sending you some data about several exhibitions for the last months. Today, I have sent them to you one more time. However, up to now, they don't appear in the database. I would like to know if there is any problem.
alberto_cepedano jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 20:24   #42
pedrocalle
Lobos de la Fuensanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberto_cepedano View Post
I have been sending you some data about several exhibitions for the last months. Today, I have sent them to you one more time. However, up to now, they don't appear in the database. I would like to know if there is any problem.

Lo curioso Alberto, es que si metes las expos de otros paises si que las recogen....... yo llevo lo indecible y no me meten ni una......
pedrocalle jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 22:42   #43
alberto_cepedano

Send a message via MSN to alberto_cepedano

Los criadores de Portugal me han dicho que tienen el mismo problema que nosotros.
La verdad es que espero que esta situacion se solucione pronto ya que hay personas que nos molestamos en enviar todos los datos para que wolfdog este actulizado y siga siendo una pagina fantastica.
Old 13-03-2011, 19:02   #44
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

Hi admin, I have once again question to you: can you change main photo of my male Dero Sotis? Because main photo what is there now is really terrible. I wish this photo, thank you. I named this photo "main photo". (because in gallery is few similar photos).
http://www.wolfdog.org/temp/1299489266-908547.jpg

Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 14:00   #45
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

up .......
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 18:29   #46
pedrocalle
Lobos de la Fuensanta

There seems to me to be unacceptable the manipulation that is given and the justification that they give us. There continue appearing only the events that interest the administrators. Only the qualifications are added to the dogs that are interested and to the rest not.

Congratulations administrators, you are destroying in a little time what has been late many years in be creating.
The people already do not believe in this project. They give themselves litters and already they are not notified, there exist many dogs that already do not appear in database, dogs that deserve to be and they are not.
Soon they will be more those who do not figure in the list that that if.

Congratulation!!
Old 04-05-2011, 18:32   #47
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrocalle View Post
There seems to me to be unacceptable the manipulation that is given and the justification that they give us. There continue appearing only the events that interest the administrators. Only the qualifications are added to the dogs that are interested and to the rest not.

Congratulations administrators, you are destroying in a little time what has been late many years in be creating.
The people already do not believe in this project. They give themselves litters and already they are not notified, there exist many dogs that already do not appear in database, dogs that deserve to be and they are not.

Congratulation!!
maybe a few people and not believe, or this who make a manipulation. from others all are good.
p.s. I am too from this people who have not actualised photo galery my puppy or not have results from dog show, but not cry
Old 04-05-2011, 18:38   #48
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:

Congratulation!!
This is a purely voluntary project, done out of interest and consideration of CsV. Who are you to criticize this personal project?

If it should please you to create your own database, then by all means..

In the mean time, my dog is listed by an incorrect name, without an owner, and without any photos. But, I realize that sometimes there are more things to do than updating this site. If my information should ever be updated, I should be grateful. If not, not a problem.

The sense of entitlement boggles my mind. Admin is not accountable to me in any way; after all, I don't pay taxes to them, do I?

Last edited by yukidomari; 04-05-2011 at 18:41.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:18   #49
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

hi
this is a free site but also an open forum.
I believe it is one's right to express his feelings and disappointment, isn't it not?

I have similar feelings but don't complain, my life is miles away from any internet site... but i don't think we should repraise those who do complain.

Wolfdog.org is not anymore what it used to be, this is a fact.
Many old users (amongst which myself) offered to help if necessary.
Now all of this is not important anymore...considering the things happening in our breed... the whole wolfdog breed is, to my eyes, totally different to what it used to be.
massimo
massimo jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 16:15   #50
pedrocalle
Lobos de la Fuensanta

Certainly that is a private project but since it influences? Much.
If someone wants to consult a copy it looks at the web and what it puts gives it good, and if a dog is champion and they do not put it the people do not believe it.
Entendería that there were failures, is normal, but what I do not understand is that alone it puts on the information that is interested and for the rest of information it is said that the web does not work. It is to lie.
I do not pay taxes ...... but this web is kept with private information mia, yours and of the others ..... neither they pay us truth?
Old 05-05-2011, 18:32   #51
yukidomari

OK, you have right to your opinion of course.

I have faith someday soon WD will be running again and updated.
Old 05-05-2011, 18:35   #52
Morian

Send a message via Skype™ to Morian

pedrocalle
if wolfdog is so bad as you say, what are you still doing here?
Old 05-05-2011, 23:45   #53
pedrocalle
Lobos de la Fuensanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morian View Post
pedrocalle

This opinion has not gone out of my mouth.
What I try to say is that the page, the project and the idea is very good but the manipulation of some or some administrators it is bad

If I am mistaken please that someone explains to me ésto: If the web is broken and they cannot put information for what some information that interest some few ones if they enter?
Old 05-05-2011, 23:50   #54
pedrocalle
Lobos de la Fuensanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfin View Post
maybe a few people and not believe, or this who make a manipulation. from others all are good.
p.s. I am too from this people who have not actualised photo galery my puppy or not have results from dog show, but not cry

If nobody could update photos and information of my dogs I would not cry either
But ... if your you could not update information and I if, what would seem to you?
Old 06-05-2011, 09:17   #55
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post
... the whole wolfdog breed is, to my eyes, totally different to what it used to be.
massimo
Ciao Massimo,

good that you're still alive...
This is exactly my opinion and the reason why our next dog is a hunting dog, a Poodle Pointer.

Cheers,
Michael
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 18:11   #56
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
This opinion has not gone out of my mouth.
What I try to say is that the page, the project and the idea is very good but the manipulation of some or some administrators it is bad

If I am mistaken please that someone explains to me ésto: If the web is broken and they cannot put information for what some information that interest some few ones if they enter?
Margo wrote it some time ago, so I'm only repeating: WD is not one entity. It consists of several tools: the database with certified info, which only the Admin can access, the forum, information section (which is broken - we cannot read the articles), gallery, etc. All these sections have to be compatible, but some data visible on the site do not come from the main database. That's why some show results/photos etc. are added earlier than others - they do not require operations on the "raw" database and are being updated by several people (moderators?) Contrary to what some of you say, data of wd owners' dogs and pups in the main database have not been updated since January either.

At the moment, from what I gather, the forum is new and functioning well, but the main database is at the verge of total collapse. Unfortunately, building a new one, with all the new options, means a huge amount of preparatory work done by just one person in his spare time. Only then will it be possible to transfer the old info and add the new that is being continuously collected including results of genetic tests, etc.

To be honest, if updating the old database would carry the risk of its ultimate collapse I'd rather it remained the way it is until the new one is constructed, even if it takes several months.
I don't understand why breeders cannot update their own sites, put links to them on WD in their profiles, signatures etc. and inform on the forum about their consecutive updates. This could be a reasonable temporary solution until the new database is completed.

BTW: It is clear that the obligations of the terms of cooperation are fulfilled by the Admin: adverts of the new litters appear regularly and are frequently refreshed.

I hope my explanations helped some of you grasp how the site functions. if not, I can only quote Morian:
Quote:

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 18:16   #57
yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post
the whole wolfdog breed is, to my eyes, totally different to what it used to be.
massimo
Hello Massimo - I am new to the breed relatively, so can you tell me what the differences are now and then?
Old 06-05-2011, 18:39   #58
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukidomari View Post
Hello Massimo - I am new to the breed relatively, so can you tell me what the differences are now and then?
Wanted to ask the same question

Rona, totally true about the webpages of kennels!
Peolpe do not find time/money/knowledge to update or create even their own sites (no info, no photos, no translations, no updates, no homepages at all), but this hudge database (a genius kind of work for me, as my knowledge in computers stops at building my own hardly working site ) should work like a clock and have all the news added at once.
This is not for somebody personally, just a little observation.

On the other hand... The "deal" was: you give us all the info about your dogs and dogs from your kennel, we publish it here. So it is not strange that some people feel dissapointed or even tricked. Still, we all should understand, that creation and administration of such a database requires time and efforts. In this case there are some problems, not dependant on people, we should all have patience and wait for the New Born Database with (I hope ) new, better possibilities

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 19:32   #59
elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
Margo wrote it some time ago, so I'm only repeating: WD is not one entity
IMHO it's a matter of tools, obsolete tools give unmanagable sites. Nowadays, it's rather easy to build from scratch such a website using proper tools such Python + Django .
elf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:59   #60
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
IMHO it's a matter of tools, obsolete tools give unmanagable sites. Nowadays, it's rather easy to build from scratch such a website using proper tools such Python + Django .
You're probably right

That's why I find it even more surprising why all those who regularly complain and grumble here have not created a better WOLFDOG BIS project yet

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote