Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breed standard & bonitations

Breed standard & bonitations How typical CzW should look like, measurements and commentaries to the breed standard, information about bonitations and youth presentations....

Old 01-11-2005, 18:07   #1
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa
Default Wolfblood calculate

As I am curious, it wanted to know as if it calculated the Wolfblood in the puppys of CzW, I find that I finished discovering.

What I made for calculate:

Wolfblood of the male CwZ + Wolfblood of the female CwZ = One result
The Resul / 2 = Puppies Wolfblood

One example:

Milo Ruskov Dvor has 28.165% Jolly Z Molu ES has 26.14%
28,165 + 26,14 = 54.305
54,305/2 = 27,1525

the puppies go have 27.15% Wolfblood

I take the litter A of kennel Z Peronowki as example, but another litter can make this same account with any that goes to give the certain result of the Wolfblood of the puppies.

I placed this tópic in here because in one another topic that asked as to wolfblood calculate, nobody answered how calculate (type of calculle) to discover it this.

greetings

Last edited by Nebulosa; 05-05-2011 at 23:11.
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 18:32   #2
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf

Please, note, that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel
I repeat - "wolblood" is pure mathematic number. We put it on our pages only because many CsW owners want to know, how far is their dog from the origin parents.
Look e.g. here. Its a historical pictures of old CsW and you can see, that some hybrids from same litter of first generations looks like a shepards and some like a wolfdogs. And all have same % of "wolfblood". But "wolfblood" have nothing to do with gens. You can see as well today. Its many CsW, they have very "GSD look" and habits more, like a wolf and opposite. Simply say pure mathematic calculation have nothing to do with genetic, heritage end such things ...
Old 01-11-2005, 18:37   #3
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkawolf1
Please, note, that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel
I repeat - "wolblood" is pure mathematic number. We put it on our pages only because many CsW owners want to know, how far is their dog from the origin parents.
Look e.g. here. Its a historical pictures of old CsW and you can see, that some hybrids from same litter of first generations looks like a shepards and some like a wolfdogs. And all have same % of "wolfblood". But "wolfblood" have nothing to do with gens. You can see as well today. Its many CsW, they have very "GSD look" and habits more, like a wolf and opposite. Simply say pure mathematic calculation have nothing to do with genetic, heritage end such things ...
Of course!
this calculate is alone the curiosity level!
Old 23-01-2007, 13:04   #4
Silentwolfer

Default % of wolf

Just out of curiosity if it is true that no recent wolf has been added into my CWD then how much wolf content would it have in there already?? I'm am sure it will be very low but then how can they resemble wolves so much unless more wolf is added, when this is done is it illegal?
Silentwolfer jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 15:33   #5
Rona
Distinguished Member

See this link:
http://www.wolfdog.org/eng/44.html
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 21:09   #6
Silentwolfer

Thanks that answers one question but poses so many others. I still don't know about %'s or am I reading over that bit??
Silentwolfer jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 00:21   #7
Nebulosa

Hi
The wolf percentage is alone matematics, not means nothing, you can see in the Data Base of this site the Wolfblood percentage of all dogs with complet pedigree, as I see commonly is about 25% - 30% of wolfblood, someone can have more or less than this.
Old 24-01-2007, 10:57   #8
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf
Default Re: % of wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentwolfer
I'm am sure it will be very low but then how can they resemble wolves so much unless more wolf is added, when this is done is it illegal?
Maybe because they were bred to resemble wolves? And as any stable dog breed, the CSW has logically the desired markings, shape and coat length etc. to fit the standard (which requires the dogs to resemble wolves). So when you take two CSW´s and mate them together, surprise, you get again CSW who resemble wolves..

The question is a bit like if you ask, how it comes, that when you breed labradors, after years they still look like labradors, even that you did not add anything else into the breed.

One thing is true, though. If you do not choose the breeding animals carefully, if you don´t care about genetics, standard and health, you can soon end up with CSW´s, who resemble jackals, coyotes or GSD´s. But not wolves. And all that even without jackals, coyotes or GSD´s added!
Old 22-01-2008, 15:09   #9
carlos2207

Why in the present chage the % wolfblood from 25-30% to 60-65% in this web page and in the peronowki page??

What is in reallity the right % wolfblood mean in one wolfdog?
carlos2207 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 17:37   #10
Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos2207 View Post
Why in the present chage the % wolfblood from 25-30% to 60-65% in this web page and in the peronowki page??

What is in reallity the right % wolfblood mean in one wolfdog?
Maybe because they're working in Dadabase for the new site the wolfblood percentage is wrong.
The wolfblood isn't more than one pretty number for curious people see without have the work to calculate it, this means absolutely nothing.
Old 22-01-2008, 19:32   #11
carlos2207

I know that genetic combinations are random. For example, one wolf and one female German Shepherd have one litter, is likely that the different puppies don’t have de same wolfblood to 50%. But the mean is 50%. I mean this, what is the normal % of wolfblood in breed wolfdog? 25% = mix wolf with German Shepherd and after mix his puppy (50% wolfblood) with German Shepherd
carlos2207 jest offline   Reply With Quote