Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Living with a CzW....

Living with a CzW.... Stories as forewarnings for future owners.... everything about the character of Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs

Old 21-01-2013, 20:35   #21
Tana

Greetings, wow so many answers... In all af them i saw one thing:what a lot of people believe about their dogs, I saw a lot of human desires and hopes about their dogs. Nobody answered to the simply question, why the wolfdog was created in fact by the army and how much is their dog close to the natural way to live of their ancestors ? Is nothing about their hair inside the house and nothing about their POOP. Rona you know so much about our country or dogs,but in fact you do not know nothing. You presume everything and that is wrong. You will tell me Rona, that a wolfdog is like a cat when he want to poop?Wolfdog is a dog full of energy, but nobody tells nothing about the fact that they are some cute little "tasmanian devils" when they are small. They find a great pleasure in chewing everything they can reach. You can't relax too much when you know you can't let this dog home alone and to expect to find everything right when you come home. I am sorry but the truth is that this dog is made to be outside where he can explore and behave like a dog not like a cat and where are not so many restrictions like inside. I agree, the best is to go with your dog in wilderness, is where she/he is really happy. This is a second proof that wolfdog is happy outside the room , the house, even the garden can be too small for him. So i will keep the dog outside my house all the time. I was just curious to see how many did the same. Romania is not Syberia, the weather is like in all other central european countries so she will be fine outside. Now she has 5 months and she is outside for almost 2 months and half. My oppinion is that she will be more healthy and tough in long terms than a dog living inside. e will judge. I have 3 dogs with Tana and all of them live outside in the winter and play. No human can play with a dog like dogs play with each other so i think all are just fine. A nice day to you all
Tana jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 20:54   #22
vila

You should show some respect to a person with as much experience with Vlcaks as Rona. Unfortunately accidents with poop happen, but if you are unable to teach your dog house rules, maybe the answer isn't to lock the dogs outside the house but maybe you shouldn't own dogs? You do know that you must take the dogs for walks right? So they don't poop and pee indoor. Sounds like the big yard is just an excuse? ... And don't you even for one moment start to argue the history of the breed, because you obviously don't know much. Sure Vlcaks were created for a military purpose, it was an experiment but unfortunately that experiment failed, they didn't create the dog they wanted. It wasn't a disaster but they didn't know realistically what to expect. A Vlcak is far more a family dog than it is an unaffectionate robotic winter machine. You asked for advice, most people said their Vlcak is part of the family, part of the house and in some cases even part of the bed you go ahead and keep them out, probably the dogs will do just fine... I just don't understand how you can have big dogs and be bothered by some poop? ...And your dogs don't understand either.
vila jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 21:03   #23
avgrunn

Well, so I guess my vlcak has no idea what he was created for , coz after some time spent outside he always knocks to our front window to let him in and then he greets us and lays very close to us.
He is a dog who prefers to be with us than alone outside.
Proof:

That is how he prefers to sleep, close to his human not outside
Old 21-01-2013, 21:35   #24
Tana

You too are presuming too much vila, i have dogs in my yard for more than 14 years, a informed myself about this wolfdog, more than you can ever imagine. I love them and they love me but they are not my puppets. My house is for my family not to be servant of a dog and clean his poop and hair. I doubt yours smell so good if you keep the dog inside and i doubt is quite healthy to live with hair, poop and a dog who must watch all the time like a guardian to keep your cables safe. I do not have respect for falsity, because the reality is in a diversity of colours not only rose. If you keep a dog that you think is a failed experiment, you should not keep dogs like that not i. Maybe your dog is a "failed experiment", but stay away from mine which is raised like it must be. You should read the description of the wolfdog in wikipedia and ask yourself if you still own a wolf dog or a cat. Very funny, so only because my dog lives outdoor is a "unaffectionate robotic winter machine", haha, ask army -you discovered a new dog for star wars )) Have fun vila nothing more to say to you
Old 21-01-2013, 21:49   #25
avgrunn

Tana do you think that all of us who have dogs at home have also poo, bad smell and hair at home? And that our dogs destroy everything so we can't leave them alone ven for a second?
Old 21-01-2013, 21:50   #26
Tana

I am sorry but i like more those who save others life instead of sleeping like a lazy cat, any dog can do this of course, no need to be wolfdog can be a cute bichon, still the cat is the best, no matter what:
Old 21-01-2013, 22:05   #27
vila

Ahahhahahah, you informed yourself about Vlcaks through Wikipedia?! Aahahhaha, you just proved my point. Of course puppies will make mistakes. We don't have a big back yard, so our Vila has to be walked and exercised and learn new things every day for several hours, so she learned and now she is calm indoors and isn't a problem. Adult dogs don't poop in houses if they only have little respect for you and are being walked regularly. A lot people live with dogs in houses, you think all of them have poop laying around and dogs do their business all over the place? You are very disillusioned it is almost sad. Of course you can keep you dogs outside, just the reason is silly! What an expert. You maybe had dogs for 14 years locked outside, but sadly that only makes you an owner. Having lived with Vila i'm her teacher and companion. How can you ignore all posts here, not only mine, but also this nice picture from avgrunn. Everybody here is trying to tell you, you are missing out, also you dogs are. Please don't be angry, just try to understand this point of view. I didn't like poop and chewing also, but I was persistant with training. I know your puppy is also hard to handle now, maybe when she's a little older and calmer at least give her a chance for few hours every other day and teach her house rules, maybe you'll be surprised.

About the video, we all saw it, we all know Vlcaks are a working breed, but still it doesn't prove they don't like to rest with their human pack. I'm doing canicross, gonna try skijoring now because Vila loves running with other dogs. She thinks she's in a pack what are you planning to do with your puppy?

Think happy thoughts,
Ivan
Old 21-01-2013, 22:10   #28
avgrunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tana View Post
I am sorry but i like more those who save others life instead of sleeping like a lazy cat, any dog can do this of course, no need to be wolfdog can be a cute bichon, still the cat is the best, no matter what
Are your dogs saving lives? Or do you just like that type?
Old 21-01-2013, 22:13   #29
Tana

yes avgrunn, do not be upset with me, but i think if they are still dogs and not lazy wolfcats, they like to run, jump, search ,dig, smell, they like to work and hunt birds, cats, play and bite with other dogs. A man who is in his pack can't bite like dogs when they play with each other, right? ) Is a kind a falsity to say ,if you sleep with a dog in the bed, that you are in the same pack with him. Maybe a human pack for your taste, but sure not for a wolfdog taste. Look at the documentary with that guy named wolf man .Inside house they can't behave like a dog, without being annoying or distructive so they are not really happy, we are happy. In house they cannot hide for example a bone under grass .Where to hide their precious bone in the house? Under carpet? )She wolf Tana at 5 months is full of energy and joy, a really small and cute devil. I think a wolfdog enjoy winter like a husky.
Old 21-01-2013, 22:24   #30
avgrunn

This is so amusing

Do you think my Uro is only sleeping all day? Believe me, we spend our time on training- sometimes something serious, somethimes something just for fun. We have passed some exams and this is just the beginning. So think something before you say it, just because my dog sleeps at home doesn't mean that he is doing only that. He spends his time outside as much as he wants, he plays with our other dogs, chases cats, hides his bones and meat, diggs them up, he does all what you dogs do, but when he wants to be with us we let him. You like your dogs only outside? Fine, your decision, but as Vila said your excuses are just weak. I have more than one dog at home, no one is pooping, nothing is destroyed. All the dogs know the rules and they obey them. Simple, I've put a lot of work and effort and it already has paid back.

Vila I completely agree with you

By the way what is with talking about the pack who said anything about it. But if you want to go into this, trust me Urobach will choose me over our other dogs.

Last edited by avgrunn; 21-01-2013 at 22:27.
avgrunn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 22:28   #31
vila

Yes they go in their zoomie episodes in snow!

I also wanted to say that it doesn't mean are dogs are lazy cats and I'm ceratin that a lot of the dogs in that video are also allowed in the house and rest with people

I also know the wolf man - Shaun Ellis, I also read some of his books very closely. Maybe you misunderstood or you need to study his way more closely. He actually would disagree keeping the lives separate. You view your house as your den, but in wolf packs the den is only and I mean only for the breeding female who's about to have puppies, and the only other wolf that's allowed in is the "nanny" wolf, who brings food and looks over the puppies when mamma goes to feed and drink. The decision makers in a pack have no problem sleeping close to one another, but they can at any moment assert themselves as pack leaders. So if you're trying to mimic wolf man, you're actually doing it really wrong. Not to critisize, I'm just saying I read the books and stuff.

Maybe dog whisperer - Cesar Millan is closer to what you're thinking but also he doesn't mind dogs sleeping near to people as long as they are respectful and are invited. For people who haven't achieved total calm submission from a dog he strongly advises that the the dogs are not allowed on the bed, but can sleep beside the bed, so the dog learns boundries.

You need to understand that the Vlcak isn't as extreme as a wolf or a hybrid wolfdog. They can rest indoors and only rest! You can make that decision, but you have to be "fair play" - for example after a long walk or a trip when the dog is really tired you can let her in because you know she will probably fall asleep. But if you let her in full of energy you are setting her to fail.

Last edited by vila; 21-01-2013 at 22:35.
Old 21-01-2013, 22:41   #32
vila

Ps. I'm certain you will view your devil puppy different when she calms down, first she'll calm down after teething is done untill good start of puberty, then she'll be difficult again because of all the hormones and just simply the teenager stage. Than after 2 or more years when her character fully developes, you will view her at least a bit more like a dog
Old 21-01-2013, 23:02   #33
Tana

vila i informed myself from many sources not only wikipedia... that was only a reminder for you. I think for you this race is "failed" because you forget what purpose has at beginning.It was a dog for army, for rescue in the cold mountains. You laugh to hear only yourself... I browsed many pages , I watched a lot of documentary not only about wolfdogs but also living in pack with wolves, the wolf pack mentality, I know all the history related with wolfdog, I watched also documentary with cezar milan and choosed this race. I searched a dog for many years, to be close of White Fang, if you know the story, because my old dog Tasha has 14 years old now. She is not from pure race, is a small dog but she is still a good mother who can learn any puppy "the dog way" if i may say so. Is also a proud and very good guardian of our house for many years. A man cannot teach a dog how to behave like an older dog...you are a loser forever in this competition, i am sorry, you just do not see the reality. She is outside but not locked like yours in the house...she is free to taste, experience mistakes and learn under Tasha eye. If you walk your dog is not enough, is not the same like letting him the freedom of doing dogs things, that are not your human ones, like digging holes or hauling? Do you dig holes for your dog to make him happy or you walk with him to be you happy?See the difference?)Why to be upset? If a lot of people jump, i must jump too because you say so or others? No thanks. If you are many you think the truth is all yours? Wrong. The reality means diversity of oppinions. If you have a small yard and take care of your dog as best as you can, is fine for him and you. But do not pretend this is the best in the world because is not. I think the nature is the supreme judge here because we all are created in nature. A wolfdog raised outside, close to the nature is better prepared for living in nature, for surviving to the challenges if you want, than one living inside house where is the human teritory. I hope you understand me but i doubt it. Same for others. This is my oppinnion and i am sorry you do not accept other oppinions than yours old ones, but i keep it )I hope only that you do not kill me or push me because i do not want to jump :P
Old 21-01-2013, 23:17   #34
vila

Yeah I see you missed my point, again. Vila is off leash on walks everyday - she has all the freedom everyday, even chases rabbits and deer but chooses to return to me. I can send you a link to my photo album to quiet your mouth, because I know Vila has explored freely off leash thousands of square meters of pure nature more that in your back yard. I really tried to be nice but I won't bother anymore. I'm happy that Vila is balanced and socialized and its nice to see some support from more experienced owners. I guess I must be doing something right

Last edited by vila; 21-01-2013 at 23:21.
Old 21-01-2013, 23:34   #35
Tana

I wrote very slow because i am not a native english speaker. I repeat myself, i am sure even when she will be big she will stay outside,with other 2 dogs. We trust her the protection of our small house, we not need her to be our puppet. We do not like hair in the house is not healthy, smell of dog in the bathroom, dog in the bed, dog at our table not even the childrens. I am sorry, for your mentality, but are in the world childrens who want to have their own bed, not shared with any kind of dog or cat and sleep better when they know their toys are safe. )They can share with Tana from time to time some of them, eventually. Even with all of that, they love all our 3 dogs. I must go to sleep now, is late in Eastern Europe where Romania is, close to Black Sea btw, so i wish you all good night for now.
Old 21-01-2013, 23:54   #36
Tana

Vila your dog is under your nose, Tana is under other dog nose...you really do not see the difference?! Take yourself another dog, older, more experienced and you will learn you can't teach a dog nothing. Is nothing about your human mentality is about wolfdog mentality. I try to be nice too, i am not a bad person , just i think in another way than you, sorry, so please watch this : I am sorry, i really must go to sleep now, here is close to midnight. Those are the ancestors, the wolfdog behavior about pack is the same, i can see that in the behavior of my puppy with other 3 dogs even if it is at the beginning. I am happy that i have my little pack of 3 girls and i think Tana is well teached outside house, better than i can do it inside. I hope you understand me after you will watch this and i will be honored to see your photos. In fact we all love our wolfdogs, even if they are little devils or not . Good night or a nice day to you.
Old 22-01-2013, 00:12   #37
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
You will tell me Rona, that a wolfdog is like a cat when he want to poop?Wolfdog is a dog full of energy, but nobody tells nothing about the fact that they are some cute little "tasmanian devils" when they are small. They find a great pleasure in chewing everything they can reach. You can't relax too much when you know you can't let this dog home alone and to expect to find everything right when you come home. I am sorry but the truth is that this dog is made to be outside where he can explore and behave like a dog not like a cat and where are not so many restrictions like inside.
How long have you got a vlcak, 5 months? And you seriously claim you know anything about them? That's realy a good joke!
I clearly see you have a serious problem - you tend to think you know everything best. I don't want to sound negative but such approach is not very practical with this breed. I won't tell you why, you'll find it yourself sooner or later, .

I'm asking again: why have you started this topic if you wanted to hear one answer? It's your dog and you may keep her where you want. Experienced owners expressed their opinions, but you don't believe them. Fine with me - I respect your right to make mistakes.

Last edited by Rona; 22-01-2013 at 08:13.
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 10:15   #38
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
I am sorry but i like more those who save others life instead of sleeping like a lazy cat, any dog can do this of course, no need to be wolfdog can be a cute bichon, still the cat is the best, no matter what:
Haha, why don't you ask Mijke where she keeps up her vlcaks? Maybe this will open you eyes.

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 13:44   #39
mijke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
Haha, why don't you ask Mijke where she keeps up her vlcaks? Maybe this will open you eyes.
A photo impression how I keep my Vlcaks

Waiting during Water Rescue Training

Sleeping during Day time

During our party time

During TV watching

During Daytime

During painting our room

During holliday time

During having a litter time

During computer time

During waiting for Avalanche training

My dogs love to work ánd to be family members

In our house they also can choose for several benches (with open doors) to sleep. Only in the night and when nobody is at home the doors are closed.

PS: I am not a moderator anymore!!
http://www.ursidaestee.wolfdog.org/voor%20wolfdog/handtekening/New%20format%20banner%20Wg.jpg
mijke jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 14:32   #40
avgrunn

Great photos it shows that working dogs can as well be great family dogs.