Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Off topic

Off topic About everything and about nothing - way how to pleasantly spent your free time...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 21:56   #1
nobrezabranca
Junior Member
 
nobrezabranca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vila Nova de Gaia-Portugal
Posts: 21
Default New site

Hi
I don't know how to see my messages,my dogs that I had in my account,neither the interest group that I created!can someone please explain to me how to do it?how to get there?when I click in my account I just see how long I signed up here,noting more!
thank you,and congratulations for this new presentation,but there is some time needed to us to adapt to this new presentation of the site...nothing that time,patience and experience doesn't make us learn...
best regards
nobrezabranca
nobrezabranca jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 22:10   #2
Vaiva
ir Brukne
 
Vaiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vilnius
Posts: 1,768
Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrezabranca View Post
Hi
I don't know how to see my messages,my dogs that I had in my account,neither the interest group that I created!can someone please explain to me how to do it?how to get there?when I click in my account I just see how long I signed up here,noting more!
thank you,and congratulations for this new presentation,but there is some time needed to us to adapt to this new presentation of the site...nothing that time,patience and experience doesn't make us learn...
best regards
nobrezabranca
I do not know for sure, but I really think that it is just temporary - we all just have to be patient and everything will be working just fine
__________________
Walkiria Girios dvasia

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 23:16   #3
Nebulosa
Moderator
 
Nebulosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Rio Grande do Sul
Posts: 1,332
Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa
Default

I keep wondering why Spanish and Portuguese speakers choose mainly to use English forum, even having both their own language forum.
Nothing against it, but it's simply weird.
If you mean the main account, the one of the webpage, I think it's because its under construction yet, I have no idea which kind of informations will be there, if you're talking about the one of the forum, then it was supposed to have not changed.
I think soon they will merge both accounts ( the one of the main webpage and of the forum) but ony Admin can confirms it.
__________________
http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1100_1.gif
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 19:11   #4
admin
Moderator
 
admin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrezabranca View Post
Hi
I don't know how to see my messages,my dogs that I had in my account,neither the interest group that I created!can someone please explain to me how to do it?how to get there?when I click in my account I just see how long I signed up here,noting more!
thank you,and congratulations for this new presentation,but there is some time needed to us to adapt to this new presentation of the site...nothing that time,patience and experience doesn't make us learn...
best regards
nobrezabranca
But we didn't changed anything on the forum. You was and you are still a registered user....
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:14   #5
nobrezabranca
Junior Member
 
nobrezabranca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vila Nova de Gaia-Portugal
Posts: 21
Default English forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
I keep wondering why Spanish and Portuguese speakers choose mainly to use English forum, even having both their own language forum.
Nothing against it, but it's simply weird.
I don´t know about th others,but speaking for myself,I use the english forum,because there are still too few portuguese and spanish people using the other forums,and also because there are more articles in the english one...

about th messages and groups,I now can again access them,thank you.it must have been a temporary roblem of the site
nobrezabranca jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:25   #6
Shadowlands
Junior Member
 
Shadowlands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vidin
Posts: 393
Default

I keep getting a strange message when I try to view forum threads...

" Shadowlands, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "
and it is happening on all sorts of different threads. Is there a problem with my account or is it just a wee hiccup in the new site?
Shadowlands jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:54   #7
jefta
Call Me Sexy Srdcervac
 
jefta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wroclaw
Posts: 1,233
Send a message via Skype™ to jefta Send Message via Gadu Gadu to jefta
Default

It happen to me when I try to read "Non fci, mixes, please READ" and "privacy law"
Probably that threads are in privat moderators forum and we have no access to read it Just the topics are shown in "recent threads"
__________________

Last edited by jefta; 09-09-2011 at 10:04.
jefta jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:23   #8
Shadowlands
Junior Member
 
Shadowlands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vidin
Posts: 393
Default

Thanks Jefta, those were two I had problems with

As long as it isn't just me doing something stupid, I am happy
Shadowlands jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 15:50   #9
Shadowlands
Junior Member
 
Shadowlands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vidin
Posts: 393
Default

ALthough, there is a posting on the Dutch forum about Privacy Settings which can be read, so maybe there is a problem with the access rights on the post written for the English forum?? And the other post "Non-FCI, Mixes - Please read" also??

Admin, are we meant to be able to read these? If so, can you check their access rights.

Thank you
Shadowlands jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 17:07   #10
Rona
Distinguished Member
 
Rona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kraków
Posts: 3,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlands View Post
ALthough, there is a posting on the Dutch forum about Privacy Settings which can be read, so maybe there is a problem with the access rights on the post written for the English forum?? And the other post "Non-FCI, Mixes - Please read" also??

Admin, are we meant to be able to read these? If so, can you check their access rights.
I'm not Admin, but I suppose there was a privacy policy thread on the mods' forum, which now the mods are supposed to pass on to other forums in their original languages, so that nobody could complain later (even the French ) they did not understand. Probably Mijke was the first to react.

I think we should be less... nervous and give Admin more time. We have a saying in Polish: "Krakow was not built overnight"
__________________

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 18:06   #11
Nebulosa
Moderator
 
Nebulosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Rio Grande do Sul
Posts: 1,332
Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa
Default

I copied the Privacy Law topic here.
__________________
http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1100_1.gif
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:45   #12
nobrezabranca
Junior Member
 
nobrezabranca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vila Nova de Gaia-Portugal
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlands View Post
I keep getting a strange message when I try to view forum threads...

" Shadowlands, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "
and it is happening on all sorts of different threads. Is there a problem with my account or is it just a wee hiccup in the new site?

hi
go to your e-mail associated to your account in this site and see if you have there any message from wolfdog,for example to confirm your e-mail,and do what they asked you to do...
and then try again to see and answer the threads...
perhapes this solves your problem.let us know if it worked...
good luck
nobrezabranca jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:20   #13
Shadowlands
Junior Member
 
Shadowlands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vidin
Posts: 393
Default

Thanks, Nobrezabranca, but I have nothing in my email account from WD (except the normal notifications). We'll just wait and see what unfolds as Admin has a lot of work at the moment and some wee mistakes are bound to occur
Shadowlands jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:32   #14
soniakanavle
Junior Member
 
soniakanavle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Blanco, Texas
Posts: 81
Send a message via AIM to soniakanavle
Default

I like the new pedigree layout a lot!!
soniakanavle jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 12:08   #15
Vaiva
ir Brukne
 
Vaiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vilnius
Posts: 1,768
Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva
Default

Could anybody explain how to add new photos to the gallery? Did not find any "working" way yet
__________________
Walkiria Girios dvasia

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 20:38   #16
Shadowlands
Junior Member
 
Shadowlands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vidin
Posts: 393
Default

I've just had a message from a new user who is having problems viewing and making posts - anyone any idea why?
Shadowlands jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 18:03   #17
Mikael
Scandinavian Member
 
Mikael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 1,089
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlands View Post
I've just had a message from a new user who is having problems viewing and making posts - anyone any idea why?
Maybe because of that the Moderators has not approved him/her as a user yet ???
Best regards / Mikael
__________________
_________________________________________________
*Hronec, Rasty, Zilja * Kennel, Wolfdog of Sweden* http://kennelwolfdogofsweden.vpsite.se/Home.html
Mikael jest offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
account, explain, presentation, site, tecnical

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Wolfdog.org