Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Wolves and wolfdogs

Wolves and wolfdogs All about animals similar to CzW... Information about other Wolfdogs: Saarloos Wolfhound, Lupo Italiano...

Old 27-09-2008, 12:31   #1
mijke

Default WolfQuest

The Minnesota Zoo and eduweb are partnering to develop WolfQuest, an innovative new project that brings the immersive, compelling drama and action of video games to informal science learning while creating a model for nationwide distribution.
Designed for players age nine to adult, WolfQuest will teach wolf behavior and ecology through its exciting gameplay and intense social interactions.

WolfQuest's three major components comprise a powerful informal learning experience:

• WolfQuest Game
• WolfQuest Web Site
• WolfQuest Network

Learn about wolf ecology by living the life of a wild wolf in Yellowstone National Park. Play alone or with friends in on-line multiplayer missions, explore the wilderness, hunt elk, and encounter stranger wolves in your quest to find a mate. Ultimately, your success will depend on forming a family pack, raising pups, and ensuring the survival of your pack.

The WolfQuest experience goes beyond the game with an active online community where you can discuss the game with other players, chat with wolf biologists, and share artwork and stories about wolves.

WolfQuest is supported by a grant from the National Science Foundation (under grant number 0610427).

http://www.wolfquest.org/

PS: I am not a moderator anymore!!
http://www.ursidaestee.wolfdog.org/voor%20wolfdog/handtekening/New%20format%20banner%20Wg.jpg
mijke jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 17:29   #2
Juniorwolf

Thanks a lot for the link
Nice and funny game
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 10:10   #3
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Great game, I played yesterday evening (after I tucked my own wolf into bed ;o)), found a mate, caught 5 rabbits, killed 4 elk cows, hunted 2 coyotes and harassed 1 grizzly bear (but couldn't get him away from the carcass).
My AI mate is a bit stupid, unfortunately, he tends to run wildly around me, if I just sit and catch my breath and is not a great hunter, but if I tire a cow elk a bit and then howl for him, he comes and helps me finish her.
I'd love to try multiplayer, but our internet connection at home is miserable...

My computer unfortunately is not able to let me use the best graphic options, but I still liked it.
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 14:08   #4
Pariah

I've been playing it too Thanks for the link, it's a pretty fun game. If anyone is online in the multiplayer side of things look out for a wolf called Karasu
Pariah jest offline   Reply With Quote