Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous All about Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs...

Old 04-12-2005, 18:38   #1
Nif

Default CzW owners in Sweden

Hi.
I do not have a SCW but I want to have one. I have read most of these homesite but I still dont get it ;o( Sorry.
Bad for me that I live in Sweden /
I dont care if I can show me dog at a dogshow. I just want to have one. (& two) If I can not get a dog in sweden, then what ? I think there is another low about "normal" dogs, where your dog/cat need an injektion and bee tjecked 3 month later beefore import to sweden. If that is true, I can not get a puppie from other places than sweden!!!

But thed I read this:
Two of our puppies are in Sweden. The owner got that checked before she got them and they are both officially registered and she never had any problems. The situation is different to Norway, they are allowed to be imported and to be kept like normal dogs. They are not allowed to breed. This must be the reason why they can be shown. It is not that unlikely that they are allowed to breed in future.

Ina

PS. I hope you understand my not soo good english !

*Henrik*
Nif jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:03   #2
michaelundinaeichhorn

I am not sure if I got you right but as far as I know you can import them normally you just can´t breed them. As for every other dog they need a rabies vaccination, an adequat Antibody titer and a tick treatment to be allowed to go into Sweden. You don´t have to wait after the Antibodytiter like for Great Brittan what means you can import them at a much younger age. The owner of our puppies didn´t have any problems at all.

Regards Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:16   #3
Per Olav

Send a message via MSN to Per Olav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ina
Two of our puppies are in Sweden. The owner got that checked before she got them and they are both officially registered and she never had any problems. The situation is different to Norway, they are allowed to be imported and to be kept like normal dogs. They are not allowed to breed. This must be the reason why they can be shown. It is not that unlikely that they are allowed to breed in future.

Ina
Is that so?

To my knowledge there are no Swedish governmental restrictions of importing *or* breeding CSW and SW. By 2002 Ulf Uddman, Chairman of the Board of the Swedish Kennel Club wrote : "The only reason ( of not registering the two wolf dog breeds) is the still ongoing debate in Sweden, regarding wolves and the breeding of wolf mixes. As you probably are aware of, the leading politicians in our two countries have a differing point of view concerning wolf, and the Swedish Kennel Club chose for a number of years ago, to take a stand against the beginning breeding of various wolf crosses and therefore as a consequence of this, made the decision regarding the two FCI breeds that have inbreeding of wolf in todays' stud book. - Ulf "

The decission of the Swedish Kennel Klub of not registering the breeds and naming the breeds wolf hybrids was emphasised by the Norwegian Ministry of Justice when banning the CSV in Norway.