Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous All about Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs...

Old 19-11-2004, 00:15   #21
ligerwolve

Its me again! I was talking to the Australian quarantine about bringing a wolfdog in and found out that so far the UK is the only country I can import from without having to leave the dog in quarantine for 6 months. Not only that but I have to go through DEFRA to do it. How unfair! So everyone has my definate support.
ligerwolve jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2004, 02:25   #22
belgshep

Pacino,
Just keep them safe they are such a wonderful asset despite what a few civil service idiots think.
Paul
belgshep jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 20:01   #23
belgshep

Default DEFRA

I have taken the case of the Czech up with DEFRA based on the fact that there use of the wolf dna will in fact exclude 90% of UK breeds,however it seems that there is very little support for such action and to date I have only had help from one person and some letters from people in Europe to back up the case for them being a domesticated dog.
There seems to be little point in continuing this fight with DEFRA if nobody is interested.
Whilst it is obvious that anyone with a dog in the UK has to stay out of it,I am sure there are many out there who could help by writing to DEFRA and showing an interest in the breed and forcing them to answer questions they dont like,if they still refuse to answer get your MP to ask the questions,they cannot ignore him.
There are I am sure a number of people like me who dont own czechs and as such have nothing to risk in fighting DEFRA for ther right to legally own them.
One problem I have encountered is the number of wolf hybrids being sold,none of which are and one lady in the midlands was convicted some time ago of selling such animals as hybrids and banned from breeding.
We need to educate DEFRA on what dogs really are or we will get nowhere.
Paul
belgshep jest offline   Reply With Quote