Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Dog shows

Dog shows Our show successes, how to prepare a CzW, how to show him...

Old 21-06-2010, 20:39   #21
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky View Post
I can't seem to open the file. :/
Hmmmmm

You mean not at all ??? what does it say ???

It´s allot of photos if you have a slow internet it might take some time to up load ???

Best regards / Mikael
Old 21-06-2010, 20:42   #22
Vicky

It opens a download option, and whether I click to open the file directly or download it, once I open it, it starts trying to download it again! I have no idea what's going on, it's stuck in a loop!
Old 21-06-2010, 20:46   #23
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky View Post
It opens a download option, and whether I click to open the file directly or download it, once I open it, it starts trying to download it again! I have no idea what's going on, it's stuck in a loop!
It´s a CsW computer virus

Sorry I do not think I can help you

Best regards / Mikael
Old 21-06-2010, 23:59   #24
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Vicky, just be patient, it is around 15 MB... So it will take a long time to download even with faster connection.

I think it is supposed to look like downloading if you select to just view the file, but it will not download to the directory you specify but to a temporary (well, with Windows it is more or less permanent actually) location. It is best therefore to download it if you have issues with disk space, as then you will know where to delete from.
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2010, 04:54   #25
Vicky

Disk space and my connection aren't the problem, both are pretty fantastic. It says the download is complete, but when I open the file it just brings up the download window again! I've never seen anything like it, very strange.

Edit:
ahahahaha! JUST realized it's a power point file, which I don't have set up on my laptop. Should be able to download and actually see the file now! Thanks!

Last edited by Vicky; 22-06-2010 at 05:00.
Old 22-06-2010, 08:42   #26
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Peronówki View Post
Golden Words.... Sometimes I'm really astonish which dogs win by some judges... Sometimes you can really take a photo of such dog and publish it with a description "How Czechoslovakian Wolfdog should NOT look like"...
Maybe praparation of a really good comment of the standart would help? There is allways a possibility to post it to a local kennel club and ask to show it to the judges of the country (or even make a seminar) Step by step... Maybe someday...

P.S. Cho! Mikael posted it Does anybody have any idea if this comment can be published with a name of Sonja Bognarova, or it should be first agree oficialy by her?

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2010, 20:28   #27
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiva View Post
P.S. Cho! Mikael posted it Does anybody have any idea if this comment can be published with a name of Sonja Bognarova, or it should be first agree oficialy by her?
Hmmmm... It´s a Wolfdog.org file... I think it is OK ???

Best regards / Mikael
Old 24-06-2010, 11:24   #28
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki

Quote:
Maybe praparation of a really good comment of the standart would help? There is allways a possibility to post it to a local kennel club and ask to show it to the judges of the country (or even make a seminar) Step by step... Maybe someday...
This file which you downoaladed is just start of the commentary written by Sona Bognarova. There is also another one made by Oskar Dora. Good one is also the commentary from Hartls book. 2 more has beed prepared - one is EXTREMLY detailed with many photos showing different anormalities of the development and faults.

Quote:
Sona gave it to as to spread it among the judges to shows them how a typical CzW should look like. The copies were given to several judges and it would be nice if more will receive it. In Poland I made a copy with two versions (the oryginal) and VERY close translation. Some judges already use it and it works ... GREAT!

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 11:40   #29
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvester View Post
I think that Margo wrote exactly what is indeed the real problem with dog shows and judges !
- If these judges are no experienced judges just for our race.

So i decided to go ONLY to special- shows for Cws .
Believe me - you can be dissapointed with some judges... "Good judges" are not divided in "club" judges and "other"....

Believe me - I saw club winner choosed by one of the "experts". For giving such dog "excellent" note the judging rights for our breed should be taken away from this person for such verdict It was a dog not only really bad as CzW (huge and VERY deep chest, short legs, wide position of the front legs) but also as a DOG (because of the faults of the body he was not able to move correctly - while running his back legs were always about 10cm away from the front legs - if you saw dachshund running you know what I mean ). It was a CLUB WINNER who won with many really nice and good wolfdogs...

On the other hand - one time I was in Lithiania there was a woman from Russia judging one of the dog shows... I was not happy about it because at that time there were no wolfdogs in RU and in most cases judgement of judges from "no-wolfdog-country" was really funny... After we went to the ring I get REALLY surprised - she not only knew the standard but she told us she was working with wolves for a long time. And it was visible. Sorry, it was one of the best judges I ever met...

It is really better to ask for good judges and to go to them (even of they judge "normal" dog shows).
Sure they judge different as every person has an own imagination about typical CzW. Breed standard is pretty precise but still there is a place for own preferences (shape of the head, strenght of the bones, colour, size, format of the body, aso)... But a good judge is one who keeps to it...

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 11:27   #30
Silvester

Default Judges

Originally posted by Margo:

"It is really better to ask for good judges and to go to them (even of they judge "normal" dog shows)."

Yes, I agree to your opinion. Thank´s a lot for your advice!

Bye, Silvester
Silvester jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2010, 12:27   #31
Sona_Bognarova

Regarding my presentation, yes, I agreed that wolfdog.org uses it. After all, they helped with pictures for it and moreover, it has been the purpose of the presentation. So, as long as the presentation is not modified (with the exception of translations, of course, and in such case it should carry the info that it has been translated) and carries my name, it can be used by anyone. Originally, I was asked to make it for judges less experienced with CSW to help them to understand the standard. The presentation itself is deliberately very basic and brief - for two reasons: I was actually asked to make it brief and in a killing deadline. I believe that it met its purpose at that time and even now it can help some people. I've been planning to upgrade it for a long time, but well... Definitely I have to do it to have the breed recognised in Australia. As somebody mentioned above, there are other materials too, any effort to learn more about the breed is highly appreciated!
Sona_Bognarova jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2010, 13:07   #32
Sona_Bognarova

As it comes to showing a CSW... Judges of course might have certain preferences for showing/handling the dogs in the ring, so take this as my opinion as a judge, not necessarily as a general rule. The first and golden rule is to get as relaxed but focused as possible, both, dog as well as owner/handler. This comes not only with the balanced character of the dog but also with the experience. There are more general rules how to show a dog as this one, but I skip them for now, but this mentioned one helps to show CSW properly a lot. Keep in mind that the judge assesses your dog's appearance at the day of the show, so the fact that "just a week ago the dog looked better" does not really count.The preferred showing position is definitely natural, yet you check it and correct if necessary. I do not want handlers to hold any part of the dog's body in the "show position". If I think that the dog does not stand in its natural position I ask the handler to let the dog make few steps forward and let him to stand freely. I understand that it is common and human to show positives and hide negatives, after all it is a competition, but believe me, you can't hide much this way. I use to be quite tolerant to some troubles with showing the dentition with young dogs, however, I tend to be stricter in this respect in intermediate class and on, definitely it is not acceptable in champion class. When walking/running, watch your dog, correct if necessary (when pacing in trot, galloping instead of trotting, etc.). When running, watch the other dogs in the ring too to avoid any colision. Last but not least, keep the drive of your dog high!
Sona_Bognarova jest offline   Reply With Quote