Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Upbringing & character

Upbringing & character How to care for a puppy, how to socialize it, the most common problems with CzW, how to solve them....

Old 01-02-2006, 23:47   #1
Rydniw

Default Experience

I really felt in love with these wolf dogs, but i concluded out of all the articles that u need experience... is it really that hard to raise them? even with help of an experienced breeder?
Rydniw jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:17   #2
Koos

Hello,

The CW is not the most simple dog to handle because the race is very clever.
The best is you have experience with raising dogs, but if you are selfsured, and you will be not 100% but 200% consequece in raising up a CW, and with help from the breeder, you can keep and raise a CW as another race.

Also you have to take all the ins and outs from the CW as a race and you must have the passion for this race, also not for 100% but also for 200%.

Many greetings,

letty from Holland
Koos jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 17:36   #3
Lupusek

Send a message via Skype™ to Lupusek

I had no experience with dogs when I got my CW. So I decided to have a bitch first, coause they are told to be easier to breed. I must agree that this is a very intelligent and clever race. But I managed to cope with things. Although there is no doubt that you have to prepare yourself for a CW well. And that means: reading, asking questions, maybe even meet the CW to see, if they are just like you have imagened them.
So, take your time and think it over.
with regards,
Alakra from Poland
Old 24-02-2006, 19:24   #4
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Hi, I also had no experience with dogs when I got my CW at the age of 16 (and neither have my parents), but still we managed. I don't say that perfectly, but we were able to do agility without any real embarrasments and she even starred in a TV-fairy tale.

So, as others said - if you love CW, if you are prepared to daily "struggle" with it's intelligence and innovativness , you can have a great friend. Because if you want to, you can get experience together with your CW.

But I would really recomend to anyone wanting to buy a CW as his / hers first dog (and also to most of already experienced dog-lovers) to try to go to a training camp with the new puppie. There are quite a few to pick from, ranging from a nice vacation with a lot of advice to real working camps.
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 19:29   #5
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

I belive that all breeds that have great and medium size or strong breeds is necessarie experience or much studie by the new owner for the dog not turn one "dog-problem", not only in the CzWs.
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 19:51   #6
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa
I belive that all breeds that have great and medium size or strong breeds is necessarie experience or much studie by the new owner for the dog not turn one "dog-problem", not only in the CzWs.
I think that if you work badly with dog, you can have one dog-problem even with chihuahua, only difference being that it has lower possibility of killing innocent bystanders. But it still can kill your neighbour's little kid's favourite hamster or white mouse and thus bring severe psychical implications ;o)
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 20:50   #7
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschia
I think that if you work badly with dog, you can have one dog-problem even with chihuahua, only difference being that it has lower possibility of killing innocent bystanders. But it still can kill your neighbour's little kid's favourite hamster or white mouse and thus bring severe psychical implications ;o)
Yes, I agree!

but a dog of great port is not any one that has courage to dominate, is common see dogs great sized dominant, that is one "king" in home, and not acept to be opposed, to take off the leadership of he, somebody goes to have that to oppose the "king", imagine one corageous person oppose one "king" like this "little dog" .

Is more easly oppose one "king" that have this size... err, in the floor..

Who does not obtain to make "right" with a small dog, nor must think about having one greater
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2006, 19:47   #8
Czunksolov

If you haven't owned a similar breed then why not ask a dog trainer or lost dogs home (if you have one) if you can help out voluntarily, and gain experience of correcting and avoiding the common mistakes.
Czunksolov jest offline   Reply With Quote