Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > _Administration

_Administration Questions connected with Wolfdog.org, database and other technical matters....

Old 09-02-2009, 16:01   #1
Margo

Send a message via Skype™ to Margo Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Margo
Default Litters advertising ('NO' to dogs without HD results)

Because there are more and more litters every year we decided it is already good time to make some improvements and some selection (+ 'force' some breeders to care more for the health of the breed). At least in the basic part - it means in the case of HD...

From today we will do not add ANY litter advertisements where one or both parents do not have official HD-results.

On 22.02.2009 we will remove from he listing ALL litters where the information about the HD-results of the parents will be still missing.

In order to add HD-results to the database you have to scan /take a photo/ of the HD-result and send it to ([email protected]).
Remember: I have information that some emails sent to me "disappear" - some emails are treated as spam by spam filters and removed by the server so if you do not get information that I get the email and the new info do not appear in the database try to send it using the "private messages" on forum.
You can also submit photo of the HD-result to the gallery of your dog - we will get it for sure...
Margo jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 16:49   #2
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo View Post
Because there are more and more litters every year we decided it is already good time to make some improvements and some selection (+ 'force' some breeders to care more for the health of the breed). At least in the basic part - it means in the case of HD...

From today we will do not add ANY litter advertisements where one or both parents do not have official HD-results.

On 22.02.2009 we will remove from he listing ALL litters where there will be still missing information about the HD-results of the parents.

In order to add HD-results to the database you have to scan /take a photo/ of the HD-result and send it to ([email protected]).
Remember: I have information that some emails sent to me "disappear" - some emails are treated as spam by spam filters and removed by the server so if you do not get information that I get the email and the new info do not appear in the database try to send it using the "private messages" on forum.
You can also submit photo of the HD-result to the gallery of your dog - we will get it for sure...
Thanks alott Margo we love you

Very best regards / Mikael and Hronec
Old 09-02-2009, 19:38   #3
martiou07

Send a message via MSN to martiou07 Send a message via Skype™ to martiou07

choices excel!!!!!!! Cheer and especially thank you for this work!!!!!

martiou07 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 21:53   #4
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

Good start Margo. Something is better than nothing. And when you will make theese classes of litters - without X-ray results, without bonitation or with all? We wrote about it a few months before, it was big disscusion with much ideas from breeders.
????????????????
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:29   #5
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
Good start Margo. Something is better than nothing. And when you will make theese classes of litters - without X-ray results, without bonitation or with all? We wrote about it a few months before, it was big disscusion with much ideas from breeders.
????????????????
So far this idea need groth more, principally when we talk about a separation seing also the bonitation.
Even, changes are fine but wouldn't be good change everything at same time, let people get adaptated with it first for after really think in the next step.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:19   #6
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
So far this idea need groth more, principally when we talk about a separation seing also the bonitation.
Even, changes are fine but wouldn't be good change everything at same time, let people get adaptated with it first for after really think in the next step.
I agree !!!

Bonitation, ED, PRA, work and COI % you can read in the info of the litter,
it is to mush info to have in seperat groupes...I think

Regards / Mikael
Old 11-02-2009, 01:37   #7
solowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo View Post

On 22.02.2009 we will remove from he listing ALL litters where the information about the HD-results of the parents will be still missing.

and can we please add the eye test and the eye test should be done at least every two years as some defects only become knoown in later years?????? if we send hip scores from uk i hope you will tansfer to european score if possable, if people who own older dogs and get hip test done now for this scheme will you be taking into consideration the age of dog and its lifestyle, i.e. working dog or pet dog?? for example Titan Lobo a dog now in uk, he was hip scored at 5 yrs old and was 5.and 7. you have him as A2 for European score his hip score is still good but had he been scored at 18mths it would in all probability of been lower,, some people will now maybe get older dogs scored and i think it is fair to try and estimate a fair system where a certain percentage of a dogs hip score at say 5 yrs old is considered slightly lower than the result. just sugestion but i hope this sets a trend for hip and eye testing to start with, it would be great if people could also measure there dogs and send in proper photos for us all to see, we have no bonitation in uk but if we send in good photos of our dogs others can look for us, none of us breed perfect dogs i wish we did, and i will send photos of my dogs and i am open to any remarks on them,and advise, this may be start of new era for the cwd , it would be nice if we can also work together as breeders and bring up some of the lines we need from other breeders to get inbreeding down. it would be great if we could all work together for this breed and give it the future it deserves good strong type healthy working wolfdogs with spirit and charater within the set breed standard and out going ,proper Czechoslovakian wolfdogs as they should be.......
solowolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:03   #8
Juniorwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by solowolf View Post
it would be great if people could also measure there dogs and send in proper photos for us all to see, we have no bonitation in uk but if we send in good photos of our dogs others can look for us, none of us breed perfect dogs i wish we did, and i will send photos of my dogs and i am open to any remarks on them,and advise, this may be start of new era for the cwd
Why not invite a judge to make a real official bonitation(many countries do that) ? Maybe it would be a good idea to arrange a meeting in same time as Crufts-dogshow, then maybe some foreigners who want to show their dogs at Crufts, will show up to the meeting also(especially if you invite a "famouse" judge to make the bonitation) ?
...it is really impossible to say anything correct from a photo

Greetings Rolf
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:32   #9
michaelundinaeichhorn

It is quite easy nowadays to visit a bonitation with a qualified judge, there are at least 6 countries offering them and everybody can go there. Some as close as Belgium.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 13:40   #10
admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolf View Post
Why not invite a judge to make a real official bonitation(many countries do that) ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
It is quite easy nowadays to visit a bonitation with a qualified judge, there are at least 6 countries offering them and everybody can go there. Some as close as Belgium.
I will not agree. In my opinion we should choose on Wolfdog.org requirements which everybody can fulfil.

X-rays are the best example - everybody can check his dogs in his own country, it is easy to make it, cheap and it is important because it is about health and one about the basic illness typical for this breed. And removing litters of dogs without HD-check means nothing else as removing litters of so called pseudo-breeders (because I can not imagine even one responsible breeder who breeds using such dogs).

Bonitation is something else. It is still very problematic to take part in it. In the most countries it takes place only one per year (ornever). Some breeders will be not able to make it for years. Can you imagine that Nabulosa or American breeders will invite a judge only to make bonitation of 2-3 dogs?
Does the missing bonitation make them worser breeders and their dogs worser wolfdogs? Does it make a Portugal breeder who was not able to travel 2000km to make the bonitation by his dogs WORSER than the Czech breeder who not only can make the bonitation 4 times a year and travel in the most cases less than 100km but is also FORCED to make the bonitation because it is part of the breeding requirements in his country?

Using such way of thinking the German breeders can ask to remove all litters without the eye check (in this case ALL Czech and Slovak litters would be removed) or Italian breeders can ask to remove all dogs without the ED-check... Think yout it....

I think you should make distinction between the basic rules for Wolfdog.org (rules which are important and possible to be fulfiled by all and not only by the "choosen" ones) and the rules which you think ALL should TRY to fulfil.
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 13:50   #11
michaelundinaeichhorn

I agree with you on that, what I ment was that it is much easier to travel to Belgium or Germany to do a Bonitation than to invite a judge for so few dogs. And photos don´t tell that much.
But it is much easier nowadays than about 10 years ago.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 21:01   #12
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

Maybe some day a bonitation judge will desire to take a vacation to the US; and maybe some US owners will be able to help him or her out in exchange for judgement of our dogs...some day.

For HD results, are all types accepted? I recently got my dogs hips tested using the Penn Hip test (I prefer this to our OFA method). The scores look very different, and I don't know if it would be ethical to "translate" them with the European scoring system, since the testing procedure and methodology are quite different. If it's possible, I'd like to post the results and can send a photo of the official results. Many people in the US are familiar with this method; on www.pennhip.org, it is possible to learn about the methodology. It will become even more accurate once more CSVs are tested. It was nice to see that my dog's hips were in the top 20% of all dogs from all breeds tested at Penn Hip.

Take good care,
Marcy
GalomyOak jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 19:50   #13
Margo

Send a message via Skype™ to Margo Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Margo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildenmorgen View Post
For HD results, are all types accepted? I recently got my dogs hips tested using the Penn Hip test (I prefer this to our OFA method). The scores look very different, and I don't know if it would be ethical to "translate" them with the European scoring system, since the testing procedure and methodology are quite different.
OFA is "better" for us because it is easy to 'translate' it to the system we have by FCI. But if you send me the copies of the Penn Hip tests I will add them to the database. Maybe it will be hard for some people to find out what it means but people from US who are interested in this breed will know what it means...

The customs of your tribe are not laws of nature - George Bernard Shaw
Margo jest offline   Reply With Quote