Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Upbringing & character

Upbringing & character How to care for a puppy, how to socialize it, the most common problems with CzW, how to solve them....

Old 13-06-2007, 14:47   #1
Tuky

Send a message via MSN to Tuky Send a message via Skype™ to Tuky
Default temperament

Hi!! With the translations of wolfdog and investigations thereabouts, I am doing to me a mini book - notebook of race with everything what I find of the wolfdog

With Nota (my husky) also I did it and the truth used me as much.
Now I am tied by the temperament and have a couple of points that to seeing if you help me

1-Distrust in the strangers.
2-Territoriality.
3-hierarchic Structure.
5-Instinct of hunt(fighter).
6-Resistance.
7-Sociableness.

Do you help me? Do I lack something?

Anticipated graces
Old 14-06-2007, 00:43   #2
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

Hola
I have 2 woldogs.
My male is ok with all points except for point 1)
My female is ok with all points except for point 7).
is it possible to have a sociable dog that distrusts in strangers??
my 2 dogs both do not correspond to these points.
Massimo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuky View Post
Hi!! With the translations of wolfdog and investigations thereabouts, I am doing to me a mini book - notebook of race with everything what I find of the wolfdog

With Nota (my husky) also I did it and the truth used me as much.
Now I am tied by the temperament and have a couple of points that to seeing if you help me

1-Distrust in the strangers.
2-Territoriality.
3-hierarchic Structure.
5-Instinct of hunt(fighter).
6-Resistance.
7-Sociableness.

Do you help me? Do I lack something?

Anticipated graces
Old 14-06-2007, 09:29   #3
Tuky

Send a message via MSN to Tuky Send a message via Skype™ to Tuky

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post
Thank you massimo
I believe that it is possible, that a dog is sociable and distrusts the strangers. The dogs of guard(keeper?) or of RCI's work, they are very sociable dogs with the persons who come without evilness or friends of the owner, whereas when it works he distrusts all

My question is as they are they of hierarchic, territorial...
In Spain there are few ones and much is not known of the race, apart from the fact that there is nothing in Spanish
regards

Tuky
Old 08-07-2007, 03:18   #4
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post
A good guard dog must distrust stranger people, but never fear then.
Distrust is very different to fear, but comonlly confused when we talk about because a fear dog distrust people too, but act completly different in truth.
A guard dog who comes with strange people friendly will not live longer, that is a fact.
A good behavioured guard dog will accept the stranger people touch at command of the owner, without any reaction, nor happy, nor agression, ever prepared for react in attack case.
If the dog not receive comand and is touched for a stranger, the dog must attack.
These dogs are very well sociabilizated, if the sociabilization lack in some points they will curious in what they not know, this can be used as a trap in their protection work and probably the dog will die because this.

Remember, I talk here about guard dogs, really guard dogs who have a very dangerous live, not the commonly home guard dogs who we have at our side.

Guard breed dogs who are selected for that some years and already not have lost his work behaviour will be naturally distrustfull with stranger people without fear, will accept the touch of strange people without reaction, but wil never ask for strange people attention.
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:05   #5
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf

Quote:
I believe that it is possible, that a dog is sociable and distrusts the strangers. The dogs of guard(keeper?) or of RCI's work, they are very sociable dogs with the persons who come without evilness or friends of the owner, whereas when it works he distrusts all
I can tell you, how my dogs are. If you come as a friend, you can pet them, you can caress them, they will be friendly. Children will roll over them and it will be fine, they won´t do anything. But if you come and show anger, will carry a stick or will try to hit me or hit them.. Then they will guard and the intensity of guarding will be equall to the "attack" of the person. Making friends with them again after this "attack" is not possible, once you showed bad intensions, you are marked "bad guy" for them.

Quote:
My question is as they are they of hierarchic, territorial...
In Spain there are few ones and much is not known of the race, apart from the fact that there is nothing in Spanish
Yes, they have the same hierarchy orders and behaviour, as wolves. Maybe in some things it will not be so strict, but the rules are basically the same.
And yes, they are territorial. How much, I think it depends on the individual wolfdog.
Old 10-07-2007, 00:23   #6
mijke

@Mirka,

I agree with you when you are talking about visitors in your house with bad intentions!

But in training situations your dogs are (for me!) also great!
When a decoy tries to hit with a stick, they are like guarding dogs. But after this training they are very firendly again even to the decoy.
(Jorn did ask me to write this, just because he did like it very much how your dogs did behave to him during the whole training!)

@Tuky
1-Distrust in the strangers. No my dogs don't distrust strangers. But some of them they ignore (or they react reserved). But in most cases they like strangers and are very friendly to them, special to children. (For me its a special signal when they ignore sometimes visistors in our house. Because in of all these cases till now, later on we did discover there was something wrong with these people! )
With older people or "special" children, (with mental of physical problems) they are very carefull in greeting them.

2-Territoriality. Yes my dogs have a strong feeling about what is of their own pack against other dogs who are visiting us. But we can have visitors with dogs

3-hierarchic Structure. See the comment of Mirka

5-Instinct of hunt(fighter). Also my dogs have (like most of the Csw) a strong hunting instinct. But since they were puppy's , they are not allowed to hunt! But I don't understand your comment "fighter".

6-Resistance. I don't understand what you want to know

7-Sociableness. My dogs are very sociable in normal human community. They are going for example with us on hollidays by boat, car, train to several city's and places.
But when you means in a human way of thinking "sociable to all other dogs" no!
When they are on leash it is not any problem. But out of leash they don't always like other dogs of the same sexe (and they behave dominant)

PS: I am not a moderator anymore!!
http://www.ursidaestee.wolfdog.org/voor%20wolfdog/handtekening/New%20format%20banner%20Wg.jpg
mijke jest offline   Reply With Quote