Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Off topic

Off topic About everything and about nothing - way how to pleasantly spent your free time...

Old 25-04-2011, 19:24   #1
George

Default New Member from Germany

Hi Everyone,

I am an American living in Germany. A few months ago we lost of Boxer age 13 to cancer. Last week while looking at dogs we ran across a breeder close to us in Northern Germany, who has Czech Wolf-Dogs. They were selling a litter of dogs. The father is full blood Czech Wolf-Dog however the mother is half Alaskan Malamute and White Swiss Shepard. We obtained a 3 month old female and found quickly that we were going to need some assistance in training. While checking the internet for information on this type of dog I came across your web site that thought this would be a good place for us to share experiences and gain some knowledge.

George Long
George jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 20:18   #2
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Hello and welcome

Hmmm... I do not know if (we) can help you to much whit specific questions, it is hard for us to know how a mix like that is or can be...

But if you stay around you might learn a thing or two about Cs Wolfdogs And I think that might help you to understand some behviour of your dog better

Very best regards / Mikael
Old 27-04-2011, 21:49   #3
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Welcome!

I think the best place to go to for advice regarding a purchased dog is the breeder, especially a mix which has no standard typical character. Perhaps the breeder will know more about this particular mix as the kennel seems to be purposely breeding them.

Good luck with your training!!
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2011, 15:31   #4
George

Default Thanks

Thank you for the welcome. We have had her only 7 days now so I am simply guessing this potty training is going to take some time. As far as her temper, is is no problem. She loves children, other dogs and all other people. I have already learned some things just by reading many of the posts. Seems this is going to be a good place for me to come each day.
George jest offline   Reply With Quote