Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Off topic

Off topic About everything and about nothing - way how to pleasantly spent your free time...

Old 13-09-2010, 18:53   #1
draggar

Default Velvet revolution question

Disclaimer: (Many forums I frequent have a tendency to turn any topic (even ones like "What is 1+1?") into a huge political battle - I'd prefer that this didn't happen here, I'm mainly looking for historical facts).

One of my "side" hobbies is making websites (for fun). Aside from dog breed sites I've also obtained some domains for historical related sites. Luckily one of the domains is 1989 based (the time when most of the Berlin Wall and Iron Curtain "fell"). This includes many "revolutions" around the world (mostly in eastern Europe).

I'm working on November and December of 1989 (oddly, for the dates to show up correctly I have to do them backwards) and a question has come up about the Velvet revolution - and what better place to ask about this than on a vlcak forum!

On November 28, the Communist party announced that they will give up their monopoly on power in Czechoslovakia. They also announced (?) that they would have elections in December, 1989.

I can't find when the elections happened but it was announced that Václav Haval was the winnder on December 29, 1989.

Right now my question is - were the elections also held on December 29 (and the results announced on the same day) or were they held on an earlier date (and was given a few days to count the ballots)?
draggar jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2010, 07:11   #2
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

Hi hi a few days for counting ? No.... here people don´t vote president. But parlament only.
Look here, maybe it help you a little:
http://www.89.usd.cas.cz/en/documents.html
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2010, 13:02   #3
draggar

Thank you for the link - that's a lot of information on that site (and a lot of visits to Google translate!). I'll have to keep it for later for the site.
draggar jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2010, 13:07   #4
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

Ok. If you will need something more, write. Bye
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote