Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > _Administration

_Administration Questions connected with Wolfdog.org, database and other technical matters....

Old 15-06-2010, 15:16   #121
jasmine

Hi,

Please write us the priorities of refreshing datas, as as I see some datas appears immediately, some (for eg. mines ) not corrected/refreshed since long time.
I also would like to know who is that person the admin page who is even ready to communicate and answers the emails......because I still hasn't got any answeres my questions....

so,please put my two pups Ptah and Perun to the "last minutes" part....please write their datas that the father of my "P" litter is Juri Zlata Palz ( if you could save the other datas : names, pics etc) from my own webpage , you could surely see the father of the pups as well, moreover this litter was advertised in the "planned litter" site, as well.

Thank you so much !

Edit
jasmine jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2010, 11:08   #122
jasmine

Last update was 17.04..................today is 21.06
Paula..........if it is too much for you, ask some help!!!!
otherwise a lot of us must think you are playing unfair game
Old 22-06-2010, 20:33   #123
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Again pointing the finger without knowledge.
As I'm not Admin I cant help or even reply, then ask him.
Old 23-06-2010, 11:40   #124
jasmine

yes or not...Anyway it works......Thanks
But a little bit strange that I always have to use open forums to got my rights : (((
Old 05-07-2010, 13:25   #125
jasmine

Just a question...to admin, to Paula (?)..to somebody who knows the answer.
What is the problem that the datas are not updated ? (I mean nit just mine...but in generaly ???????? )
Nothing work just the forum.

Edit
Old 05-07-2010, 15:48   #126
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine View Post
yes or not...Anyway it works......Thanks
But a little bit strange that I always have to use open forums to got my rights : (((

Your Rights?
this is a private owned site...you have NO RIGHTS!!
Old 05-07-2010, 16:21   #127
jasmine

the site getting useless
no fresh informations
and yes...we have no rights, and couldn't do anyithing...but they could ignor us/our datas/our request

Edit
Old 05-07-2010, 21:10   #128
hanninadina

Send a message via Skype™ to hanninadina

Edit, all changed. Margo was a super friendly woman when I first met her 7 years ago. She was still friendly - to me - when I had dinner 6 weeks ago with her. But she seems not to have it in her hands anymore.

Massimo, this website is old! More than 10 years. And we all have a comparison how this website was in "good old times"! 6,5 years I told everybody, that this is the best website about dogs in the world. But I stopped. In this website only a few will be supported. And things which they - please do not ask me who I mean - do not want, will not be published. It is a real pitty. They even do not recognize when they get help. I am sorry to say, but the breed csw will be go down, even that there are many. But they are not anymore original. They are in development like Saarloos wolfdogs started years ago.

Christian
hanninadina jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:56   #129
admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanninadina View Post
Massimo, this website is old! More than 10 years. And we all have a comparison how this website was in "good old times"! 6,5 years I told everybody, that this is the best website about dogs in the world. But I stopped. In this website only a few will be supported. And things which they - please do not ask me who I mean - do not want, will not be published. It is a real pitty. They even do not recognize when they get help. I am sorry to say, but the breed csw will be go down, even that there are many. But they are not anymore original. They are in development like Saarloos wolfdogs started years ago.

Christian
You right and you are wrong at the same time. It is true what you wrote here but Wolfdog is not dying. What you see - all the problems with updates aso - are caused by the work which is done here. We alredy started to redesign the pages. Most of the work which has been done till now is not visible for you because we work on the databases. The visible changes as new database, system and design will be aplied first in the end of our work.

Today I will upload the new database and first new big changes will be visible...
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:07   #130
admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post
Your Rights?
this is a private owned site...you have NO RIGHTS!!
You have to count it in plus. Thanks to the fact that Wolfdog.org is a
"private" site the content here can not be influences by any clubs or groups. It is open to all breeders of purebreed Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs. And the rules are really simple - all we ask as "payment" is your cooperation.

Sure there will be always people who complain about it: puppy producers which want to sell their puppies on this pages but don't want to spend the time to send any information about their dogs (they always complain that they are persecuted by us). Breeders of ill or not "checked" dogs (also claim that their dogs are discriminated).

I really don't want to call anybody by name but most of the people who complain over and over again are mutt breeders, resellers or/and puppy mills. They make the biggest mess on the forum.
(not all but most of them)
Old 06-07-2010, 12:16   #131
jasmine

Before somebody would misunderstand me: I realy don not want to hurt anybody, especial those who are working on this site !
I do not believe that this site is old or go down. This site...when it works...is realy usefull,have compete database from the beginning.
But sometimes appears questions which are never answered.
The peresent situation would have been enough to write (answer prive email also) that the problem is nothing else but working on the changes.
It is not easy to co-operat, if many of us haven't got any answer/feedback for our requests/questions etc.
I mean for me....this is seems to be qite one-side politic and not co-operation.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:37   #132
admin

Quote:
Before somebody would misunderstand me: I realy don not want to hurt anybody, especial those who are working on this site !
Don't worry - I didn't get it this way. I wrote my answer only to let people know that the work goes on even if the last changes are not visible...so far...

Quote:
It is not easy to co-operat, if many of us haven't got any answer/feedback for our requests/questions etc.
I mean for me....this is seems to be qite one-side politic and not co-operation.
Everytime I upload the new database I answer all emails to inform the users that the sent information has been added...

I'm not able to write everyone information that I get the send data as we get more than 20-30 emails every day. But in the future we will prepare a bot which will inform users that we get their emails...
Old 06-07-2010, 17:35   #133
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
You have to count it in plus. Thanks to the fact that Wolfdog.org is a
"private" site the content here can not be influences by any clubs or groups. It is open to all breeders of purebreed Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs. And the rules are really simple - all we ask as "payment" is your cooperation.
Really? strange...
I have Collaborated with WD giving as much info on my own dogs and on dogs I found on the streets, unknown to WD database and took pics of them and sent them to Margo, been giving info as Much as I could.
Not once did I receive a "thank you", considering I don't breed I have never posted an advertisement on this site, just pics of my dogs and the few "coverings" my male did were thanks to the dog shows I attended in CZ.
The content of this site is decided and influenced by who owns it, well this is my opinion of course.
Decisions are not taken "democratically" so there is always somebody who is deciding using single minded (or almost) parameters.
Just look at who are the people who are moderating the various Forums, of course they are the most "friendly" people and not always the most "objective" ones...the ones who became "unfriendly" have been deleted from the forum (I refer to Mirka for example)

I am not complaining here as I chose long time ago to use this site as a useful platform to get "some" information, surely NOT ALL and NOT ENOUGH.
It's a pity because with times like these Internet should be the best solution to unify data and this site was on the way to become the best possible platform but neither I or many others like me believe it any more (and by "others like me" I don't mean only Christian or Edit )

So, at the end of the day, I thank for the existence of this site, to the owners of the site, to those who work on it and dedicate their time FREE OF CHARGE as it is very very very useful for this breed but who thinks to LIMIT their knowledge ONLY to this site should think again and widen their horizons A LOT!
Old 06-07-2010, 18:23   #134
hanninadina

Send a message via Skype™ to hanninadina

The life with the internet makes life very fast and much information is given fast. 5-7 years ago wolfdog.org seems to be actual and fast enough. But in the last, let´s say 1,5 year, things changed and went back, slower. This side does not go with the real life.

Massimo is completely right, years ago it was enough to look over here to get newest and important information. But in these times today, it is obviously not enough. It is one media out of serveral. The developement of wolfdog.org could not follow the real life. I do not know why this happens. I only can imagine.

It could not be that for example the information about the worlddogshow is not presented because italian dogs won all over! I remember after the speciality in germany in may the results were shown next day! And why? Yes, you are right, because Margo was there!

This website is single minded and make truely csw dog politics! But as we all see not for use to the breed but use for some people only. It became more and more real private, like my own website.

And same as Massimo did, I did for 6 years and I am surely one of the german who were often in camps and in the east. I try to find the middle way. I do not like when people fight and everybody makes his own business. What happens we can see now. Only people who are in business know what is going on, and even they do not like Daiva showed in another thread - and got personally, although I only wanted to help the breed -, the rest.... I truely do not want to be a starter in csw world in this times.

And sorry, it is not an excuse that all is done in private and without paying. I think Margo got a lot back from this side. She is one of the big breeders now! There are only a few breeders who do so much litters. And wolfdog was the start to do more and more dog websites, so wolfdog is a starter for this business. That is ok, but so she got payed!

Christian

Last edited by hanninadina; 06-07-2010 at 18:28.
hanninadina jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010, 12:50   #135
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

Hello admin,
please can you write when you plane next updating? I was on bonitation with my male
http://www.wolfdog.org/ces/dbase/d9542.html
and with my female
http://www.wolfdog.org/ces/dbase/d10353.html
They have bonitations from April, but we can´t see results.
We (breeders) will look at new males in breeding for our females, but we have not chance to see results of their bonitations. Now will be new season, females will be in heating......Everybody will need fresh info for choosing of next parents.....
Last updating was 16.4.2010................
A few people offerd you help with administration...
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010, 13:18   #136
admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
Hello admin,
please can you write when you plane next updating? I was on bonitation with my male
http://www.wolfdog.org/ces/dbase/d9542.html
and with my female
http://www.wolfdog.org/ces/dbase/d10353.html
They have bonitations from April, but we can´t see results.
We (breeders) will look at new males in breeding for our females, but we have not chance to see results of their bonitations. Now will be new season, females will be in heating......Everybody will need fresh info for choosing of next parents.....
Last updating was 16.4.2010................
A few people offerd you help with administration...
The weird thing is that as far I'm informed "thanks" to some Czech CzW owners there can be only one admin and only one person can work on the database. And never there will be another admin even if I would need any help.

And this fact and also the fact that I'm rebuilding the database cause huge delay.

The new update will be done first when I will finish the work with the database.
If you do not like it do not blame me but look for responsible people around you.
Old 16-07-2010, 13:40   #137
Hanka

Hello admin
I don´t know why you don´t work on database and I don´t care about it (if you have some problem with some czech person.....)
I only want to have fresh info on WD. Not only mine info, results, but info about all dogs. People wait updating very long time.
I don´t want blame you, but I only want know when will be next updating.
Somewhere you wrote it will be every two months. So we wait updating about 16.6. But nothing hapenned. So what we can think about it? Maybe you have not time, maybe it is too much datas from people, every day a few emails with fresh datas from people...
Now you write it will be when will work new database.....I read threads about some new database maybe 2 years...(Groups of breeders, coloured names of "bad" kennels, coloured names of "mix" breeders etc. etc.), but never something hapenned. So I think, now will be the same. We will wait long time some news in database, but on WD will not be fresh infos. It is a pitty.

It is, why Massimo etc.offered you help. I think nobody think in it something bad or something against you....
I think now you must have in email box hunderds mabye thousand of messages from people whitch want to write on WD some fresh infos, datas.
In this moment I know people which told me : "I will not send fresh infos to WD, because it will not be there". It is a pitty.
great is automatic system for fotos. Big a pitty is, the same does not work for other datas too.
Is it possible to do automatic system for it?
Old 16-07-2010, 13:57   #138
admin

Quote:
I don´t know why you don´t work on database and I don´t care about it (if you have some problem with some czech person.....)
Sorry but you don't get it. I work about 10 hours every day since 3 weeks only on the database. Good I have holidays right now.
Before I spent a huge amount of time only asking breeders to send me the information which I needed. Now it will work on different way - I willl no more loose time on the senceless work - the breeders with missing information will be removed automatiocally. Thanks to this I will have finally time to work on Wolfdog. And not to ask some breeders for years to send me the missing data (in many cases the same breeders react within few hours when they kennels are removed).

Quote:
great is automatic system for fotos. Big a pitty is, the same does not work for other datas too.
Is it possible to do automatic system for it?
No. Because many breeders... lie. You will be wondered how many fake HD-results we get. Even from the "best" breeders.
We will make automatic only parts which can be done without any control. The rest must be verified.
Old 19-07-2010, 08:49   #139
Hanka

Ok, thanks for answer.
Old 19-07-2010, 15:44   #140
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

Hanka, why I not have problem with databasa. If want know dogs bonitation go to bonitation section, If want know who dog have HD, ED results I written to owner or call to him.
I think Admin work ok only are people who all time cry about "bad life, and jelous rival"