Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Meetings and travels

Meetings and travels Huge and small - oficial and private... How and where travel with your CzW...

Old 10-03-2011, 15:42   #1
Enid Black

Default Polish people, please help :D

Hi to everyone!
I am Enid, "mother" to Spettro, a 5 1/2 months old CSV. My parents, my partner, my Spettro and I will be in Poland this August for our summer vacation. We travel by camper (one camper for my parents and one camper my fiance and I), so we are independent!

I am here writing for a reason: can you give us some piece of advice where to go? I am curious!

Bye bye to everyone and a great lick from little Spettro!

Enid Black jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 20:10   #2
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enid Black View Post
Hi to everyone!
I am Enid, "mother" to Spettro, a 5 1/2 months old CSV. My parents, my partner, my Spettro and I will be in Poland this August for our summer vacation. We travel by camper (one camper for my parents and one camper my fiance and I), so we are independent!

I am here writing for a reason: can you give us some piece of advice where to go? I am curious!

Bye bye to everyone and a great lick from little Spettro!
It depends what you're interested in There are lots of interesting places, but I always suggest Krakow as a definite must. http://www.krakow.pl/en/?chl=EN.

BTW Lorka loves visitors There are some people on the forum who may confirm this

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 00:04   #3
Enid Black

Thank you Rona! I think Krakow was already in our itinerary, but a lot of thanks for the link!
Where do you live, roughly? 'cause I would detest to cause some delusion to Lorka not coming as visitors ... Spettro would love to play with Lorka too, I'm sure, he's always glad to play with everyone ^^.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:01   #4
szasztin

We invite you to SOPOT at Baltic Sea, exactly 3City: Gdansk, Sopot, Gdynia.
Gdansk it is a very old and beautiful city: http://www.en.gdansk.gda.pl/
Sopot is younger than Gdańsk but it is situated at sea side. There you can see sandy beaches : http://www.sopot.pl/eGmina/en/touristzone/#/city/
Gdynia is the youngest. It is busy, port city with many pubs, restaurants, ...
http://www.gdynia.pl/eng/.
We and our Imbus also like visitors

I think that you can see : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Białowieża_Forest
It is last old forest in Europe. There you can see wolves in the wild.
szasztin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:18   #5
Enid Black

Thanks to you yoo Szasztin! I love sandy beaches, my dog loves water! I'm sending everything to my dad too so that he can see everything too! You all are very kind!!!

Old 11-03-2011, 14:15   #6
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

I loooooooove Poland! I am sooooooo jealous! You will have the most wonderful time!
Old 11-03-2011, 17:56   #7
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Yes.. Poland is beautiful and I would like to visit again one day too.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 22:30   #8
mijke

I am not from Poland! But we were on holidays in Poland and did visit several places and of course we were in Krakow But we did also visit this places in the area: http://www.krakow-info.com/eagle.htm (Thanks to a tip of Margo!)

And because we also like to visit all kind of historical and memorial places and musea, we also did visit memorial and museum Auschwitz Birkenau..... and we were very impressed (and sad) after visiting....

We also can recommend some of the beautiful villages with wooden houses in the area of Zakopane and Tatra Mountains.
And even touristic Zakopane is worth to visit!

PS: I am not a moderator anymore!!
http://www.ursidaestee.wolfdog.org/voor%20wolfdog/handtekening/New%20format%20banner%20Wg.jpg
mijke jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 23:42   #9
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

And I can only say, that you should not stop in Poland, but travel a little bit more to north and... visit Lithuania Vilnius is not so far from Poland, and also near Vilnius you can visit Trakai - google will tell you more about this amazing palace in the middle of the lake I just had some German friends here today and helped to explore Vilnius - seems like thay are amazed with our little beautifull oldtown We also have two big CACIB dog shows on August 5th-6th in Druskininkai - an amazing town (google also says a lot about it )

haha, and yes, Brukne and all of her younger brothers (Girios dvasia family, living in Vilnius) also love guests sooooo much We have an old town, protected by UNESCO and places like this:

Last edited by Vaiva; 12-03-2011 at 23:52.
Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 18:03   #10
Enid Black

Thank you Vaiva, it will depend on our time, but if it is not this time, we'll definetely put Lithuania as a "to be seen" place in our list!!

I have a little question: in Poland is it possible to bring dogs (and CSVs obviously) on public transport as buses or metro? I was searching the net but I found nothing very precise and I need to know it to organise the stops .

THANK YOU!!

Old 05-06-2011, 18:55   #11
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enid Black View Post
I have a little question: in Poland is it possible to bring dogs (and CSVs obviously) on public transport as buses or metro? I was searching the net but I found nothing very precise and I need to know it to organise the stops .
Yes, you can, provided they're wearing a muzzle. I put a muzzle on Lorka when entering the bus/tram, and take it off immediately when leaving.

I'm not sure about other cities, but in Krakow you can take a dog to a shopping mall (in the muzzle), to outdoor cafes and restaurants, but not to the museums, castles or churches. Unfortunately, you cannot let the dog unleashed in most public parks, but there are a few places where you can.

The salad bar "Chimera" (Anny Str., very close to the Market Square) allows dogs inside and even serve them water
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-A...%252520007.jpg

Old 07-06-2011, 20:48   #12
dorotka_z

In Warsow you can travel by bus, tram and metro with dog without additional ticket (transport for dog is free).
dorotka_z jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 21:06   #13
Enid Black

We will be leaving in 4 days, yuppie!! I send here my telephone number. I still don't know when exactly we will be in the different cities, but I'll try to watch the forum meanwhile!

anyway:

0039 349 0506589

If you call me Enid, I'll answer anyway XD

Old 01-08-2011, 21:17   #14
Rona
Distinguished Member

We're in Krakow until 13 August Then we'll go to the mts.

Old 01-08-2011, 22:20   #15
Enid Black

I'll try to undestand when we should be in Krakow and let you know ...

Old 12-08-2011, 10:03   #16
Enid Black

Ronaldo, Sorry, i haven't be' albe to' log on the net unti today . We're in Italie since yesterday, we'll be roaming around the city most of the day . Do you think it'll be possible to meet??? Please contact me by phone on 0039 349 0506589

Old 12-08-2011, 12:12   #17
Gaga
VIP Member

Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Gaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiva View Post
And I can only say, that you should not stop in Poland, but travel a little bit more to north and... visit Lithuania Vilnius is not so far from Poland, and also near Vilnius you can visit Trakai - google will tell you more about this amazing palace in the middle of the lake I just had some German friends here today and helped to explore Vilnius - seems like thay are amazed with our little beautifull oldtown We also have two big CACIB dog shows on August 5th-6th in Druskininkai - an amazing town (google also says a lot about it )
Right! We were in Druskininkai-fantastic, sunny, friendly town

Hodowca psów to nie funkcja, to nie zawód i nie nazwa hobby - to tytuł i godność. Trzeba na nią zasłużyć i dobrze piastować.
チェイタン。

Last edited by Gaga; 12-08-2011 at 13:49.
Gaga jest offline   Reply With Quote