Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Clubs & law

Clubs & law Information about CzW clubs in other countries, law concerning CzW and Kennel CLub regulations...

Old 22-12-2009, 16:19   #221
Per Olav

Send a message via MSN to Per Olav

She's just smashing beautiful, isn't she
--
po
Old 22-12-2009, 16:30   #222
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Olav View Post
She's just smashing beautiful, isn't she
... rather a real darling as the vast majority of our CSVs are!

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2009, 23:11   #223
Angelika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post

What a glamorous girl!!!

How can someone ban this beauty?? (not politically meant )
Angelika jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 00:15   #224
XaedasKSP

Its not meant to be unpolite but I have just something especially for Mikael since he likes me so much as he writes under his posts

Here is the response from the breeder that I got after you sent her your mail:

Quote:

"
Hi,

a heavy discussion on wolfdog.org you don't have to defend you and your meaning. This is wolfdog.org a place only for CSV they don't want SWH because it's konkurenz dogbreed. You go the correct way to take a dogbreed who is legal in you country. Wish everybody a merry christmas and say god by to them.

We also have a SWH forum I can ask if it is possible to make a english section. Than you can comunikate with swh owners if you are interested.
When all is going right you can pik up your puppy on 30.01. Because I can't guarantee it now there can be an accident or illnes or death or somthing I never wish to have. You don't have to pay now only when you whish it to fix our agreement. When you want it then I send you my datas.
I must ask you again, the paper for the mattilsynet, do you need it with post or with email?

have a nice day and don't fight on wolfdog.org )))) it's lost time!

Alex"

End of quote.

I hope Mikael that you are happy now, cause I am

And yes I do already know how much you like me

I hope that all other users wont find my reply as unpolite or "bullying" I am just replying to Mikael in the same way that he was talking to me so it shouldnt be anything bad I hope.

And as advised I wish you all once again a merry christmas and a happy new year!

(And I hope you wont ban me so I can maybe some time write something on the forum about the dog etc. (until a SWH forum becomes created) with the users that are friendly with me here.)

XaedasKSP jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 00:32   #225
Per Olav

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaedasKSP View Post
you don't have to defend you and your meaning. This is wolfdog.org a place only for CSV they don't want SWH because it's konkurenz dogbreed.
This is not correct. SW and CSV never was competing breeds and both breeds may be held by same owners because their unlikeness by behaviour and usability.

I deeply regret Alex's attitude and answer. In my opinnion this mean no good for the future of the Saarloos in Norway.
--
po
Per Olav jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 00:44   #226
XaedasKSP

Well its not me that mean that the breeds are concurents (I like very much both SW and CSV), but either way people who meant that I wasnt suitable to own a dog because of my political views were wrong. And now it have been proved.

I wish the best for both SW and CSV and if to unban the CSV its needed to sign any petition or anything I will gladly help as I said before. And if I get some useful information from people who are friendly here, in the wolfdog topics about how to best train the dog then it will be very nice.

I have never meant to "bully" anyone and to Mikael I just answer in the same way that he talks to me.

I hope you all will have a nice Christmas!
Old 23-12-2009, 01:19   #227
Per Olav

I've never heard keeping of dogs in general was a political issue. My guess is that you on this forum will find people of very different political platforms, but politics are rarely a subject of this forum or any forum discussing dogs.

The SW situation in Norway is fragile and depending on owners who are known to and familiar with the breed and it "peculiarities". Our authorities have since long stated that a small step outside the path may be disasterous to the breed. If someone make an official complaint about feeling the dog as a threat, scared by a dog's howling, growling etc this may lead to another discussions of the wolfdogs as "dangerous breeds". And to me it seem you have no idea of what you are facing in respect to your opponents on the anti wolf and wolfdog platform. It's a pity this is not understood. Instead of fighting someone's right to keep a SW just because it by now is legal - it's a fragile right. I'll better see you talking to experienced SW owners, observing their dogs and their behaviour and by that getting more experienced to this breed. And if you then decide that a SW is the right breed for you - why not start fighting for changing the law as a whole and by that securing the future of the SW inside the border of your country.
--
po

Last edited by Per Olav; 23-12-2009 at 10:15.
Old 23-12-2009, 09:41   #228
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Olav View Post
I've never heard keeping of dogs in general was a political issue.
Because it isn't. Unless somebody suffers from an obsession (like XaedasKSP does) and has an obtrusive need to associate everything with it. In my opionion, "torturing" people in every post with one's political views, whatever they are, on a dog forum IS bullying!

If I were the SW breeder I would definitely inform myself and learn more about the situation of dogs and esp. wolfdogs in Norway before sending my pup there. Unfortunately, some people tend to extrapolate their own intentions on others (at least so it seems ), which is just sad. If SW are banned in Norway, which might happen any time in the light of what is happenning there at the moment, CSV will be banned even more - in such circumstances competition between the two breeds would be absurd.

Per Olav, I fully understand your anxiety since your true worry about the CSV breed and hard work over several years on building its positive image in the Norwegian society may be now ruined by a few irresponsible owners who are unable to understand the sensitive situation of the wolfdog breeds in your country. I guess Angelika was writing about such people last year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelika It has been the fault of our generation to educate the present generation to be so "extremely" self-confident. Seems they are thinking: here I come - nothing can stop me (...)
It would be better to reflect, to inform themselves, to take important things seriously
I cannot agree more and only hope Norwegian wolfdogs' fate would be better than Majlo's. Even if Majlo survives, I cannot imagine the effects of such a long separation of any wolfdog from his pack

Last edited by Rona; 23-12-2009 at 09:44.
Old 23-12-2009, 21:02   #229
XaedasKSP

Well if you have read some of my last posts, then I have written there that I try to find every possible info on the internet about the SWH and I am trying to find some extra literature about them and how to properly train them. And I hope I will find something. Either way if I wont know how to properly teach the dog regarding some kind of behaviour then I shall ask the breeder or/and ask on the forum below in the wolfdog topic.

As for the time being I am waiting on my pup to become 8 weeks and meanwhile learn everything possible about SWHs. As for finding other owners in Norway well I think this can be rather difficult in the area where I live. I know just about the SWH breeder in Trondheim but its like over 600 kilometers from the place where I live.

And as for the wolfdogs I think that it can only help if there will be many SWHs in Norway. Since it will prove that CSV can be safe too. And I know that there are maybe many opponents of wolfes in Norway (although I have never met one in person only on the webforums) but I hope I wont have any problems with them. If I ever get wolfopponents knocking on my door or meet them anywhere then I shall ofc. ask for your advice as to how to properly respond to them.

And as I said before if you need any help with any political pressure to make the future of SWH and CSV safer in Norway then I shall gladly help. And I shall definitly not be an "irresponsible" owner.

I wish you all a great christmas time, and a wonderful new year!
Old 23-12-2009, 21:48   #230
Per Olav

Quote:
Well if you have read some of my last posts, then I have written there that I try to find every possible info on the internet about the SWH and I am trying to find some extra literature about them and how to properly train them. And I hope I will find something. Either way if I wont know how to properly teach the dog regarding some kind of behaviour then I shall ask the breeder or/and ask on the forum below in the wolfdog topic.
You don't learn by reading on a forum, at the most you get some information which you carefully have to select the importance of by yourself. You learn by the help and supervision of experienced owners or trainers and then practicing what you've learned by your own. There are no Norwegian dog trainers knowing this breed.

Quote:
As for the time being I am waiting on my pup to become 8 weeks and meanwhile learn everything possible about SWHs. As for finding other owners in Norway well I think this can be rather difficult in the area where I live. I know just about the SWH breeder in Trondheim but its like over 600 kilometers from the place where I live.
You don't know of any other owners except one living 600 km away, and still you are confident in traing a wolfdog, a breed unknow to anyone but a handfull? And what about quarrantine? If you get your dog from abroad I suppose you have to follow normal import procedures - including rabies testing, quarrantining etc?

Quote:
And as for the wolfdogs I think that it can only help if there will be many SWHs in Norway. Since it will prove that CSV can be safe too. And I know that there are maybe many opponents of wolfes in Norway (although I have never met one in person only on the webforums) but I hope I wont have any problems with them. If I ever get wolfopponents knocking on my door or meet them anywhere then I shall ofc. ask for your advice as to how to properly respond to them.
The more inexperienced owners the greater chance for making real trouble for the serious ones. The future of the Norwegian SW's already is fragile.

SWs have been poisoned and killed inside their dog yard. The only breeder ended his kennel some years ago because of the safety of his dogs. Some time ago I was requested by this breeder to host a dog for a newly started SW kennel cause this experienced former breeder did not want to expose the dog and himself for any more trouble by the opponents of the breed. You hardly meet Norwegian SW owners at dog shows and they don't take part in any public discussion or on national foras. Except for one, SW owners of this country do not exist in public. What do this tell you?

Quote:
And as I said before if you need any help with any political pressure to make the future of SWH and CSV safer in Norway then I shall gladly help.
Heaven forbid,

Quote:
And I shall definitly not be an "irresponsible" owner.
In my opinnon you've already proven to be one. My sympathy to the responsible SW owners of this country.

Last edited by Per Olav; 23-12-2009 at 23:24.
Old 23-12-2009, 23:20   #231
XaedasKSP

Well as for the law rules regarding import I have a good overview of them since I have both read the rules from "mattilsynet" and spoken with "mattilsynet" personally about the import. Germany is listed as a rabies free nation so after I give an import declaration to the "mattilsynet" they shall give me an import allowance of a pup below 3 months. So there will be no quarantine etc. The customs need only the paper from the "mattilsynet" that I will get before the import.

If everybody had to relay on other SW owners then there would be only SW owners in Trondheim, but from what I know there are going to be many new SW owners in Norway in 2010 and probably many of them will live far away from Trondheim. So it should be possible by using a proper amount of time, patience and carefullness to properly train a SW. And I am not totally unexperienced since I have about 14 years of experience with a German Sheperd.

And if you say that SW owners dont exist in public well then maybe its the reason why the law is so "unsafe". In England the CSV was banned too and then they took a very public course of action which made the ban lifted. So maybe its something to think about I dont know. The wolfhaters are like 0,1 % of the whole population I think or maybe I have just had the luck of never meeting anyone of them. I think you can find more "rotweiler-haters" in Norway, and still Rotweilers are not in danger of being illegal.

I think that the other reason of not meeting so many SW owners on the foras is that the race is not so well known as the CSV so its not only in Norway but in other countries too that its hard to find any SW forum, it was even hard to find the breeders in Europe (where the dog is not in any "unsafe" position) so the cause is maybe the rareness of the breed too.

If you already think that I am an "irresponisible" owner....well I dunno what you do base this statement upon other than the fact that I think that more publicity about a race and more knowledge will just be good and not bad. I think that most "bans" and quarries between people come from the lack of knowledge and the fear of the "unknown".

I think there are few dog owners that use/will use so much time and effort on their dog and really care about it. And I am not a person that do easily give up when meeting on difficulties. I am not confident that I will do it perfectly or anything like that but I know that with enough effort it should go well and I can always ask both the breeder and other people who own SWs if something is not as it should be.

I think that it could be wiser to think about those anonymous 11 or more new SW owners that will get their dogs in 2010 in Norway than about me. What is hidden from the public eyes is more often the reason of something not wanted that happen. Instead of using your efforts on criticising me because I am going to have a SW, it could be actually better to give some helpful advice......(just dont tell me to resign from buying the dog).
Old 26-12-2009, 04:41   #232
Claressa

Dear XaedasKSP,

after reading this very long and heavy discussion,
I must say that it seems to me that you just discovered the breed.
For how long time have you really known about the CzW or the SW?
Just by reading this discussion, I am under the impression of that you discovered CzW somewhere in November 2009 and then was seriously considering to import a CsW Illegally to Norway! Shame on you!

And then suddently you discovered the Saarloos, and it seems like you made an reservation as soon as you knew about its existence...

I my opinion this is not responsible, no matter what kind of breed you choose. This is not a decission you should make over the nigth.

14 years of walking the family`s german shepherd don`t automaticly make you experienced as a dog owner. It does`nt really matter how many years you owned a dog or not, it is more about what you experience together with your dog during these years. And what you make of it.

I am not convinced that you have taken enougth time to consider this.

You should respect the knowledge from more experienced owners and breeders, listen to their advice and take them seriously.
Listen their advice and memorize them.

Listen to Per Olav. The situation with both of these breeds in our country is VERY fragile. Owning a wolfdog in such as our country, follows a huge RESPONSIBILITY!

Hope you understand what I`m talking about, despite my kinder-garden english...

Merry christmas to you all & Best wishes for the new year to come..

Best regards,
Steffen

Last edited by Claressa; 26-12-2009 at 04:43.
Claressa jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 05:51   #233
XaedasKSP

I do know of the responsibility its is something needed when owning any dog not only a wolfdog. As for the advice well here on this forum I havent heard any advice regarding keeping of the wolfdog itself.....

If it goes about my knowledge of the dogs then I have heard about the CSV long ago but didnt plan then to own a dog, so when I decided to get a dog then I did check more info about it and in the end found out that it really is banned in Norway in a way that makes it impossible to own the dog in Norway until it gets legalized. While learning more about the CSV I did also discover the Saarloos and got more info about it. And after reading the breed characteristic I found out that it is very similar to the CSV in character and that some of its traits are even better for me and the place where I do mainly live. Therefore I decided to get a Saarloos. And while I am waiting on my pup to become 8 weeks, I do try to get most possible info about how to properly train a Saarloos so it can be a nice company dog for me and dont get into any "accidents". Ahh and I didnt make the reservation "over night" it took like 2 weeks to find a breeder with wolfgrey pups for sale after a long search through the internet and asking many breeders who didnt have any litters or planned ones soon.

As for the situation of the wolfdogs in Norway, well I think that publicity can only make it better like it did in the UK (some other people do also share this view and for example the Norwegian SW breeder got a homepage where they tell about the SWs, so its wrong to say that every owner of SW in Norway tries to "hide"). But since people got different points of view regarding how to make the situation of SW safer in Norway and unban the CSV then it becomes fast something to argue about.

What I plan to do is to get the legalising of CSV on the list of things to be done by the political party that I am a member of, so they can put this case first in "Fremskritt" (the partys newspaper), then on the "landsmøte", eventually to be voted upon in the Storting. Without going to deep into politics (so I dont get banned again) I can say that FrP care very much about the freedom of the individual so this case of banning a breed and preventing people from owning it with no real reason of doing so will be something that they shall gladly try to solve when they get the proper knowledge about the case. I dont want to talk especially about politics here but since the law is connected with the politics I cant just skip them since changing the law requires political action. I hope the moderator will understand this and dont ban for talking about politics when trying to change a law.

I hope you all have a nice Christmas, and again I wish you all a happy new year!
Old 26-12-2009, 12:30   #234
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
As for the situation of the wolfdogs in Norway, well I think that publicity can only make it better like it did in the UK (some other people do also share this view and for example the Norwegian SW breeder got a homepage where they tell about the SWs, so its wrong to say that every owner of SW in Norway tries to "hide"). But since people got different points of view regarding how to make the situation of SW safer in Norway and unban the CSV then it becomes fast something to argue about.
!
Dear XaedasKSP,
Though deeply in my soul I think your "case" is hopeless , I want to make a few things clear, just to have clear conscience in the future:
1. A few months ago I talked with somebody from DEFRA who explained to me very precisely why the ban on wolfdogs in the UK was lifted. I don't want to go into details, but the reasons were entirely different from what you imagine. And unlike you, I don't specatulate what they might have been, but know what they were.

2. If you had spent enough time on reading the forum you would have known that the problems of wofldogs in the UK are totally different than in Norway and wouldn't notoriously be practising "wishful thinking" and speculating about the products of your imagination.

3. Wolfdog.org is a very rich source of information about bringing up pups, about living with wolfdogs - lots of topics on how to train them, how to solve problems, anticipate difficulties, etc.!!! From what you write, one can clearly see you haven't read many threads, if any at all. You complain that people do not help you get informed, but have you asked any specific questions? Have you enquired about anything? So far you've been writing mainly about yourself! Per Olav and other experienced owners and breeders try to get you informed, but your reaction so far has been weird - you keep convincing everyone that you know better! (which sadly, doesn't show in what you're writing )

Just to give you an example: GSD, CSV and SW are different breeds. Have you read topics about differences among them? There are quite a few good threads on the English and Polish forums. If you had, you wouldn't have stated that you're a potential 'experienced' owner of a wolfdog due to the fact that you owned a GSD .

5. You write that you studied legal regulations, rules, etc. but people who are older and have experienced more are aware that there is more to life than "papers". Often the 'unwritten' knowledge is more important and more valuable than readings. Noone sane would let a surgeon operate on a patient if his expertise came only from books or reading of a forum for surgeons. Do you understand what I'm trying to tell you? (Naprawdę życzliwie!!!)

If Per Olav, who is one of the most experienced, conciliatory, and kindest people on this forum, who has been involved in struggling for the breed in Norway for years now, tries to tell you something, why don't you listen to him? Why do keep arguing with somebody who's trying to save you and your dog from serious troubles in the future? Why don't you appreciate that he's offerring you his time, by explaining the same things again and again? You may not be aware of this, but you sound very arrogant and self-confident in tone, but turn very ignorant when it comes to content. You simply don't know how little you know about wolfdogs , behave as if you knew everything, but in fact refer only to what you imagine, not to facts!

Nobody here is telling you that you shouldn't buy a wolfdog, but everybody advises you to be patient, to educte yourself, to see the dogs live, to become more aware of what their needs and situation in the country are, not only on paper, but in reality, etc. before you actually get one.

If you are unable to listen to people, who're using your language, how will you be able to listen to your wolfdog, whose communication system is much more subtle and indirect? If you don't listen to you dog, you won't be able to build a sound relationship with him; if you don't, you'll sooner or later be in trouble.This is exactly what some forum members mean, when they say that you're unsuitable owner: you've shown here that you're not a good listener, which is the crucial characteristic of a good wolfdog owner.

I really wish you'd get a wolfdog one day, but remember: wofldogs' main purpose is to teach their owners modesty. We love our wolfish pets, though this "educational process" is sometimes painful in mental and sometimes even physical and economic sense. The 'quality' of the owner can be measured by how he recieves these 'lessons' and how much he is able to learn from them. It's still worse, if the costs have to be paid by the dogs, and this is what Per Olav and Steffen seem to fear most, while you treat their worries as a personal crusade against you.

Please, treat this honest post of mine as a Christmas gift, and reflect upon it before you start "fighting back".
Merry Christms!
Rona

PS. One more piece of advice: if you really care for the wd breeds, keep anything concerned with them, as far as possible from politics, as Per Olav advises you! Show at least here, that youy're ready to learn from the more exeperienced!

Last edited by Rona; 27-12-2009 at 09:28. Reason: spel.err
Old 26-12-2009, 13:07   #235
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

I am only an owner...by far, no expert. I have never met a Saarloos before - the high degree of health and breeding issues, and skittish nature described in this breed turned me away from it - not quite as naive, I now realize these things also exist with the CSV - there is a lot of careful work to be done within both breeds. I own 3 adult CSVs, and an 8 month old male - a full brother and sister (different litters) from Finland, a female from CZ, and a male from Italy - same breed, mostly diverse from one another (except for the siblings). When I got my first female, I "broke the rules" and decided to import without visiting the breeder. I had worked with dogs most of my life - and for a short while - wolves. I read, and read, and researched the breed, and the lines of my dogs for 8 months before my first dog arrived. I bought a house and property, and set up a kennel yard in such a way, that even if a dog with the abilities of a superhero emerged from the airplane, I felt confident in my facilities to protect my dogs and neighbors. I spoke with owners in the US - I contacted owners abroad and asked many questons. Last spring, I had the opportunity to travel to Europe, and see many different CSVs, including the parents/siblings of some of my dogs. The breed became a journey for me, not a destination...

Despite all of the research, I still was not completely aware of what I was purchasing...IT CAN'T SIMPLY BE READ ABOUT...Even though most/many CSV personalities embrace the standard, each dog has a distinctly unique set of quirks: some which are positive, some that are very challenging - some that could be dangerous if one did not recognize and address the behavior effectively, and allowed it to escalate - these signs are very subtle, and frequently not at all like a GSD, or any other breed, or even a wolf. And then, there are the oddball puppies who don't meet the standard...I have met CSVs with even stronger and bolder personalites than mine - with the experience, patience, and dedication of their owners, they were really exciting dogs to watch in training. I've met the same type of dog with inexperienced owners...the dogs were time bombs waiting to injure someone because they were not placed in an appropriate home. Experience is not something to only read about...it involves an investment of time, "getting your hands dirty", of money for proper facilities quite often (I can't imagine working with my dogs if they did not have time and space to run SAFELY unleashed with other dogs, and simply "be dogs"), a huge degree of humiliation, and a huge amount of cleverness and discipline to make the dogs realize their full potential - especially in front of critics. Experience must be through observation and practice. The new owner should be settled, with limited possibilites of life changing events that could disrupt healthy ownership - I am 27 - still young - I know firsthand how quickly life changes at our age in this generation. Looking back, I was foolish not to heed the warnings of experienced breeders to meet the breed first, to know it, to see it with objective eyes - and only lucky that I didn't pay some huge price. This is a unique creature with good, but also very difficult qualities...not simply an entity to be possessed someone that adores the wolf, or by someone who doesn't want to be told what to do by "the man".

As I have begun the process of placing my first litter, I can use my own mistakes to learn from, and really reflect on where my puppies should go - but it is still a murky process. I have received over 200 inquiries...thus far, I have turned down about 90% of the potential owners...it's something I think all breeders should think about so heavily....

Knowing what the "right move" is with this breed, in terms of legality, upbringing, feeding, training, breeding - or anything else...is not light or easy. Accidents WILL happen...

I love my dogs and breed immensely...but to love is to accept them for what they really are...and not what we fantacize about, or justify in our mind. We must provide what they really need, even if it means sacrificing our own time, money, or happiness sometimes.

Whatever your future holds...I hope it is successful and prosperous.

Marcy
Old 26-12-2009, 13:51   #236
Per Olav

Dear XaedasKSP.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Then I once again do regret your lack of knowing the body of politics and how laws are made.

First of all I apply to you to search once more and carefully study what is available to the public concering the Norwegian Dog Law and its Breed Spesific Legislation - which in this matter mean the reasons why certain breeds are banned. Secondly you should be aware of papers received by others but the decisionmakers do influence the making of laws and third the fact that a huge amount of papers are not available, e g from people on this forum and other foras our Ministry received close to a thousands mails and petions informing of the breeds. Mails and information which influence to the Ministry were less to none.

You also should bear in mind that if not for the knowledge of the spokesman of your Party - a close and dear friend of mine and a breeder of a large breed herself -the outcome of your Party's voting of BSL would be rather unpredictable. Now this MP has resigned from politics and no one can tell which side your party will support if the dog law once again should be debated by our Parliament.

Beeing unaware of the fact that some SW owners are residing in your proximity and do have homepages describing the breed do tell me something of your efforts in seeking and also getting some "in real life" information. Myself I've requested one of them to contribute to this thread, if he decide to do so future will show.

As Rona writes - the "UK situation" is not comparable to the Norwegian one.

and at last - Claressa - a country fellow man of yours has been to the Czech Republic studying the training of these breeds. Fortunately he made up his mind of not possessing one. To my knowledge he is a skilled owner training his dog by the Norwegian Rescue Dog Organization.
--
po

Last edited by Per Olav; 26-12-2009 at 17:21.
Old 26-12-2009, 17:16   #237
XaedasKSP

Well I dunno who to answer first but I do too again wish you all a Happy New year and I hope you had a nice Christmas.

Maybe I shall start in chronological order:

So first of all Rona: Thank you for your gift I dont intend to "fight back" just comment some things from your nice and long post.

Starting with a personal religious feeling about me (just dont tell me that souls are not religion) Quote: "Though deeply in my soul I think your "case" is hopeless " end of quote. you are not very objective.

I just have to comment that gladly many people on the polish forum were more objective and they helped me with giving links to SW breeders homepages and supported my idea of getting a SW. I write this just so the debatants who dont understand polish and cant read the polish forum, dont think that you represent all the people from the polish forum.

1. As for the lifting of the ban well maybe I dont know so perfectly what have happend in the UK but what I know is that if no proper action will be taken then the whole case in Norway will just lie dead as it have done since the ban. So if someone wish the CSV ban to be lifted a little sooner than when our grandgrand children will be able to buy CSVs, then all possibilities are worth trying or so do I think and thats why I thought of most naturally using the political party that I am a member of to get the case of lifting the ban upwards in the system. A political party have much greater power than single individuals and if they support lifting of the ban then we will be much closer the ban being lifted.

2. Ok my bad I havent read enough about the case, but still I think that something can be done instead of just sitting and wishfully thinking that the dog will get unbanned by itself. Ahh ok I am sorry I know people have done a public protest action and now are doing some hidden actions but if those hidden actions dont give any result in many years. Then it cant harm to try some more public kind of action and it might actually work and this time not an action that is public because some people support it, but supported by a political party (thats when the authorities start caring).

3. & 4. I have said that in the responses that I got in this thread there were no advice other than "Skip buying the dog, no matter what you do you will never be good enough to have a wolfdog" that was the "advice" here compressed to a short statement. Of course in other threads and topics there are some valuable info I think, that I am reading even if Per Olav think that: Quote "You don't learn by reading on a forum" End of Quote

I do still think that there are many interesting topics that bring valuable information. But I do always have the breeder to ask for the most valuable info and literature about wolfdogs although I dont know if its good enough since its hard to find any "guidebook" precisely about the SW.

As for the experience well I have never stated that I am experienced with wolfdogs because I have had a GSD, I just said that I have experience with dogs in general and that I am not someone who is gonna buy a SW as the first dog in the life.

Regarding the experience, well if people were thinking in this way then there would be no new owners of SWs since you cant be experienced with the dog without having it.....and if you in order to have it need to be experienced...then it becomes a locked circle.

BTW I think that in Poland this whole thing is much easier than in other places, since I do see on the polish forum people who keep their dogs in flats inside a block or who get their pups before they are 7 weeks or its their first experience with owning a dog (any dog) and no one is bombing them with criticism.....but actually I wasnt too bombed with criticism on the polish forum but advised how to easier find a SW breeder.

As for the costs of having a wolfdog well I am prepared that the dog can do more "fun things" than any other kind of dog, so I prepare for the "educational process" with most possible patience and time as for the mental aspects. As for the physical ones well I am not small by nature so I should be strong enough :P And as for the economic ones well even if the dog eats half of my house I shall not go bancrupt :P

As for other preparations well then as I have said I am reading everything possible about SWs and wolfdogs in general and asking the breeder by mail when I wonder about something special about the dog + I got description of the pups by the breeder and the breeder herself advised me which pup will probably be the best one for me. I dunno if I am good enough prepared but I am at least more prepared than many other owners I have read about who just bought their CSV or SW on an impulse with 0 preparations or even theoretical reading about the race. And its still a month until I shall pick up my pup from Germany.

Now lets answer GalomyOak:

First of all I must congratualte you upon being the first person in this topic to answer me and write about the race and your own experience without criticising me personally =D I do appreciate this.

As for your experience its nice to read it all I just have to stop in the place when you say its required to own a possesion with a especially prepared kennel etc. Since many people are living with CSVs in blocks in Poland for example and claim that it goes perfectly well.

Personally my main place of living (and that is where the dog shall live) is a large house (350 m2) with a large garden the posession is about 1500 m2 and forests close by. So space shall not be a problem although I dont plan to build a kennel since I want to keep the dog inside the house when it shall sleep or rest etc. Since I wish to keep it as a company dog, (It shall ofc. be some hours during the day in the garden to run around in addition to the walks to the woods) so I plan to have it with me in the house preferably than in a kennel and I hope it shall go well.

And for the last answer to Per Olav:

Well I do know a little about the making of laws (since I study law) but ofc. not close to as much as you do so I shall not argue.

As for my political party then I am pretty sure that when they get explained the reason of CSV being banned and that it wasnt the same reason as with the other dogs then they shall very quickly write about the case in their newspaper and talk about it on the "landsmøte" (The fact that Kristin Halvorsen asked for revoting of the ban in order to get the CSV banned, will probably, be also something important to point at for FrP).

As for me being unaware of the SW owners in my proximity well its not so easy to find them on the internet. I have done a big effort searching for the breeders and I found the Norwegian breeder for example only because of the help from a Finnish breeder because the homepage of the Norwegian breeder: http://www.ulveblikk.com/ didnt come up in Google when searching for Saarloos breeder. And first later on I got response from the German breeder that I am going to buy the pup from. (Earlier I got response from a Czech breeder but I decided to wait for a wolfgrey pup rather than buy a forestbrown one).

But if you know some SW owners in Telemark (thats where I live mainly and where the dog shall live all the time), Vestfold (its close to both Telemark and Oslo) or Akershus/Oslo (I got examinations on my university there) who got some homepages then feel free to link to them since they cant be found in google at least not with the normal seeking words like Saarloos Wolfhond etc. Ah and as far as I know Rogaland is nearly as far away as Trondheim from the place where I live, ah btw never mind now I see Claressa is not the SW owner you mentioned.

As for the situation in Norway well maybe its totally different but I know of many examples where some laws were changed after a political party started supporting the change. And since people said that it was egoistic to only care about mine dog and not the future of the race as a whole then this can be my effort to try to lift the ban on CSV and make the future of SW safer. If it works then it will be fantastic if it doesnt well at least I will try to do something for the wolfdogs in general.

And either way if my keeping of the SW will be a success and everything will go well and the SW becomes adult and still everything will go well then later on after the CSV gets unbanned (if it can happen in the next 10 years) I plan to own a CSV as dog number 2.

BTW thanks for the help, for the first time in this whole topic I see you are actually trying to help me (instead of criticising me) and told me that there are SW owners in Norway who live close to my place thats nice =D
Old 26-12-2009, 17:49   #238
Per Olav

XaedasKSP

There might be some SW owners not far away from you, but they have to "unvail" themselves - I'm not the one to do so.

As I've mentioned before the law should been reviewed as a whole not only the BSL part of it. And I regret you violating the efforts of many good people by making this a urgent matter of personal interrests because your explisit wishes of a wolfy look alike dog.
--
po

Last edited by Per Olav; 26-12-2009 at 19:02.
Old 26-12-2009, 18:48   #239
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
I just have to comment that gladly many people on the Polish forum were more objective and they helped me with giving links to SW breeders homepages and supported my idea of getting a SW. I write this just so the debatants who dont understand polish and cant read the polish forum, dont think that you represent all the people from the polish forum.
I suppose some Polish forum members were simply relieved you gave up the idea of buying a CSV, which are illegal in Norway They probably don't read English forum, don't realize the specific and sensitive situation of SW in Norway and the possible harm people like you may do to both breeds through their irresponsible "actions".

On reading your answer I see talking with you is useless. Bye

Old 26-12-2009, 18:57   #240
Per Olav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
On reading your answer I see talking with you is useless. Bye
I'm making your words mine. Bye.
--
po

Last edited by Per Olav; 26-12-2009 at 18:59.