Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Upbringing & character

Upbringing & character How to care for a puppy, how to socialize it, the most common problems with CzW, how to solve them....

Old 27-07-2005, 13:44   #1
Kat

Default Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs vs. wolf hybrids

Hi. I read your forum post about finding a breeder in the US. Unfortunatly there are no breeders in the US. The closest breeder is in Canada. I am from the US... New York actually and I have a 3 month old wolfdog puppy that I had imported. It was not a hard process at all. The first thing you have to know is if your state will allow wolfdogs. New York allows up to 75% wolf, but we still had to notify all city officials and nearby neighbors that this was in fact a dog and not a wolf just incase he escaped, they would not confuse him with a wolf. We had him imported just a few days before turning 2 months old because he did not require a rabies vaccine because of his age. If he was any older than that, he would have to wait 30 days after receiving the vaccine. We picked him up at our international airport with no problems at all. The only drawback was his flight was very very long. He also had to be cleared through the department of health and border patrol. Where are you located? I would recommend trying to find the breeder that is in Canada. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
Kat jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 21:12   #2
natbot89

Send a message via AIM to natbot89
Default CsV in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
Hi. I read your forum post about finding a breeder in the US. Unfortunatly there are no breeders in the US. The closest breeder is in Canada. I am from the US... New York actually and I have a 3 month old wolfdog puppy that I had imported. It was not a hard process at all. The first thing you have to know is if your state will allow wolfdogs. New York allows up to 75% wolf, but we still had to notify all city officials and nearby neighbors that this was in fact a dog and not a wolf just incase he escaped, they would not confuse him with a wolf. We had him imported just a few days before turning 2 months old because he did not require a rabies vaccine because of his age. If he was any older than that, he would have to wait 30 days after receiving the vaccine. We picked him up at our international airport with no problems at all. The only drawback was his flight was very very long. He also had to be cleared through the department of health and border patrol. Where are you located? I would recommend trying to find the breeder that is in Canada. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

wow thanks for posting all the info! I am also in NY (LI) and i had no idea that there was one around here. unfortunately, my parents wont let me get another dog (i'm 16) but i hope to also import a wolfdog one day. thanks again :-D
natbot89 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 22:11   #3
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa
Default CsV in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbot89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat

wow thanks for posting all the info! I am also in NY (LI) and i had no idea that there was one around here. unfortunately, my parents wont let me get another dog (i'm 16) but i hope to also import a wolfdog one day. thanks again :-D
Have wolfdogs (hibryds) for adoption in your contry, lookin for Fullmoon Farm.
And have Wolfdog/hibryd breeders, hes sell a beautifull animals and you no pay much for it.
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 23:58   #4
natbot89

Default CsV in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat

Have wolfdogs (hibryds) for adoption in your contry, lookin for Fullmoon Farm.
And have Wolfdog/hibryd breeders, hes sell a beautifull animals and you no pay much for it.
great thank you! :-D
Old 04-08-2005, 10:13   #5
Angelika

Default CsV in US

Hi Natasha,

Czechoslovakian wolfdogs and wolfdog-hybrids are NOT the same. CsV are dogs(!!). - Hybrids often cannot be handled anymore when they are three years old. Therefore you`ll find a lot of hybrids at special US rescue stations.

regards
Angelika
Angelika jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 11:54   #6
Kat

As Angelika states, Czechoslovakian wolfdogs and wolf hybrids are not the same. Many people mistake the two and that leads to a lot of confusion. My Czechoslovakian wolfdog is great! I would definitly not recommend this breed to an inexperienced handler. These dogs need a lot of time and attention. In my research, you never know what to expect with a hybrid as in each litter not all the puppies are the same. Anyone in the US looking for a Czechoslovakian wolfdog should contact the breeder in Canada and speak to as many owners as possible to understand this breed. I would love to share pictures of my little guy but I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics.
Kat jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 13:56   #7
natbot89

Default CsV in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikaMenzel
Hi Natasha,

Czechoslovakian wolfdogs and wolfdog-hybrids are NOT the same. CsV are dogs(!!). - Hybrids often cannot be handled anymore when they are three years old. Therefore you`ll find a lot of hybrids at special US rescue stations.

regards
Angelika
yes, i have heard of many wolf hybrid attacks in the US and that is why i would want a Czech Wolfdog instead. i checked out the fullmoon farm website and although they were beautiful wolf hybrids, i dont think i would trust one :-/

regards
Natasha
Old 04-08-2005, 14:06   #8
natbot89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
I would love to share pictures of my little guy but I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics.
i think i may know a way for you to post the pics....go to www.photobucket.com , get a free account, and from there you can browse the pics you have saved in your computer and the website will convert them to html format so you can post them here. i know that html postings work on websites such as myspace.com but it didnt work in another forum (the Fox "24" Forum). so, if the html doesnt work, photobucket.com also provides a link to your pics, so people can just click the provided link instead. hope this helps

regards,
Natasha
Old 04-08-2005, 18:34   #9
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa
Default CsV in US

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Natasha,

regards
Angelika
yes, i have heard of many wolf hybrid attacks in the US and that is why i would want a Czech Wolfdog instead. i checked out the fullmoon farm website and although they were beautiful wolf hybrids, i dont think i would trust one :-/

regards
Natasha
If it will not be your first dog does not go to have problems, I know the owner of 7 lobos/hibridos dogs and are very trustworthy, one in such a way shy as all the Wolfdogs.

The personality of any animal go of as you create it. In 99,9% of these cases of attacks the owners were negligent.
Old 04-08-2005, 18:34   #10
Nebulosa

Default CsV in US

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Natasha,

regards
Angelika

regards
Natasha
If it will not be your first dog does not go to have problems, I know the owner of 7 wolfdogs/hibrids and are very trustworthy, one in such a way shy as all the Wolfdogs.

The personality of any animal go of as you create it. In 99,9% of these cases of attacks the owners were negligent.
Old 04-08-2005, 19:07   #11
natbot89

Default CsV in US

Quote:
hmm....well, i would really like to start a czech wolfdog kennel in the US someday, but i'm not graduating high school for two more years. since i already have a Standard Schnauzer, my parents aren't letting me get another dog so, it will probably be awhile before i can get ANY type of dog
Old 05-08-2005, 22:19   #12
Nebulosa

Default CsV in US

Quote:
Quote:
hmm....well, i would really like to start a czech wolfdog kennel in the US someday, but i'm not graduating high school for two more years. since i already have a Standard Schnauzer, my parents aren't letting me get another dog so, it will probably be awhile before i can get ANY type of dog
Currently I have a Beagle and a Rottweiler

I go to try to obtain a dog that is son of the Jolly Z Molu Es, I adore this dog . I see that to bring a puppy until for the Varig U$ for kg is around 65,11 leading here that a box must have around 5 kg and the puppy 3kg, of 8kg = + - 500 U$.

the dog I nor imagine how much cost...