Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 28-03-2008, 02:40   #1
lupis

Default Shipping Worldwide !

I was looking on kennels WWW and found very strange thing. One breeder is writing: SHIPPING WORLDWIDE !

I always read good breeder do not send pups. What do you think? For you is right when one breeder from wolfdog forum make it?
lupis jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 04:03   #2
mijke

Please don't accuse anybody or make bad suggestions before you know all the details!
Maybe it is a breeder who has a lot of experience with interested people of abroad

When a breeder knows and did met the people of abroad, what is the problem about sending /shipping a puppy????

When the breeders in the countries of origin never did do this, you ( I presume you are coming from France) and I did never have a CsW!!! )))

PS: I am not a moderator anymore!!
http://www.ursidaestee.wolfdog.org/voor%20wolfdog/handtekening/New%20format%20banner%20Wg.jpg
mijke jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 07:33   #3
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

And why not Lupis? What is bad on it?
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 14:35   #4
Wolfsirius

Difficult, difficult..
I had sold dogs abroad, to 12 different countries, most far is Panama, i guess.
From these 12, is only few which i never had met personally, and none of these had "missed" so i am still in contact with all of these families.
All of those, which i had never met personally, had known/met some of my trustable friends, except one.

I had met all my dog breeders/former owners (from where i had bought dogs) except one, and i had imported dogs from 7 different countries.
And many of those i had met several times, and i keep contact with most of them still, as well.
Often people are ready to come themselves pick up pup, even far away, example girl from Panama stayed by us 2 weeks.
People from Usa had visit us as well.

I had travel abroad with pup sometimes also, to meet the new owner.

I am very grateful for people who had trusted me from abroad, example;
i had bought 2 horses from abroad (without seeing them before arrive)
and without those trustable people, maybe i never could have my horses. Is not always possible to travel all around the world.

Shipping worldwide do not mean, (for me) that you can buy a pup "like from a shop", but means , that there is possibility that breeder sell dog abroad.
There is many breeders who do not sell pups out from own country, and there are breeders who prefer pups traveling by car thousands kilometers, than send pups by plane (with owner, or as a cargo) I prefer short flight more, than many days/kilometers in car, but all of us do so, what they think is best for their pups.

I think without breeders who "ship / sell worldwide" many people stayed without this wonderful breed.
If we begin to ask from breeders here, how many had sell dogs abroad, and how many never met personally new owner, i think, there is many.

My personal experience is, that some people i had met (in my own country) and sold pup, are more" problematic", than people from abroad.
BUT, this is ONLY MY EXPERIENCE. Of course, i have great, lovely pup owners in my own country too, and big thanks for them!
Maybe people from abroad thinks more carefully taking a pup, cause is more expensive with all traveling costs, than pup from own country. I don't know.

And, as i always say; If pup will come back to breeder / looking for a new home, because owner can't handle with pup, breeder should take a look in the mirror, Choosed wrong owner.
Because, breeder choose owners for the pups, and in last case, none of us is forced to sell pup, or ?

But still, most important for me, is that dogs will get good, forever loving home.

-Suski
-Suski-
Wolfsirius jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 16:43   #5
lupis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijke View Post
When a breeder knows and did met the people of abroad, what is the problem about sending /shipping a puppy????
For me it is like shop sending puppies. I buy and the breeder send puppy. I am not against sending puppies all time but Suski writes always so pompous words and write wrong about other breeders and on her site i see for me she send puppy to everyone. I read on Wolfdog one person from czech who say no good breeder ship puppies. How is it? For me it is crazy to read such advertisment on page for puppies by so called good breeder
Old 16-07-2008, 16:51   #6
lupis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsirius View Post
Shipping worldwide do not mean, (for me) that you can buy a pup "like from a shop", but means , that there is possibility that breeder sell dog abroad.
If you mean it like this I agree with you. But when i visited your site looking for puppy all i see is about shipping and nothing about parents or dogs... only information about selling. Sorry it is my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsirius View Post
I think without breeders who "ship / sell worldwide" many people stayed without this wonderful breed.
If we begin to ask from breeders here, how many had sell dogs abroad, and how many never met personally new owner, i think, there is many.

My personal experience is, that some people i had met (in my own country) and sold pup, are more" problematic", than people from abroad.
I not know if i understad you right. For you is better to ship puppie to people you not know than when you know people and can check them? You want write for you shipping is better than careful choosing owners?