Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 29-10-2008, 15:13   #41
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

I hope no Vaida has wolfdogs too. bye Hanka
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2008, 15:28   #42
Juniorwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo View Post
Let's be honest - do you really think adding information about their litters means they MUST be active on Wolfdog? If they have normal litters (no huge inbreed, aso) they really do not need to be affraid of nothing.
On the other side: breeding of dogs is not rising puppies for new owners but it is about the whole breed. When I have the litter I have it not only to sell thew puppies and to be happy the puppies have nice new owners... Sure, it is the main thing but beside of it I make matings that can be useful for other breeders. That's why I'm asking dog owners to make x-rays, breeding rights even if the want to have dog "only" as family member...

And you will find MANY breeders which handle similar way - they make litters, have new owners, but at the same time they really do something for the breed. Some of them NEVER wrote a post here, they are not involved in the fights and nobody never wrote their name here in bad way.... But still they send the infromation and updates - typical responsible breeders which really care not only for themself....

I really do not want to attack them but imagine - maybe there are some interesting males, interesting healthy lines in Denemark. It is good to hide them? Information about them if they can help us to make the breed better, healthier?
No Margo I don`t think that people have to be active on this site to add info about their dogs, but I think ALL breeders have some puppies(somewhere in the world) they don`t have contact with after puppies got new owners, this dosent make breeders bad breeders, but makes it impossible for the breeder to send updates. ...and yes I know for a fact that we have some interesting healthy lines in Denmark, but owners don`t have interest about breeding for many different reasons. I agree with you that it would be best for the breed if ALL owners(not only in Denmark) of CSW would make HD/ED/bonitation of their dogs, but many people don`t even know what is bonitation and people who don`t have interest about breeding does not make xrays of their dogs unless they are sick or unhealthy in some way, they are just happy to have a CSW companion, I am sorry to say this, but in Denmark most people who are dog-owners don`t care for breeding, showing or training, they just want to have a family dog and they really don`t think that far that their dog maybe would be usefull for the entire breed, I am sorry but this is fact !

I don`t protect them and I don`t attack them, I speak my mind with them and hope that they will get same interest as me for our breed, but if not, it is still okey with me, I don`t mind people have different opinions, ideas or interests than me, but ofcourse I can be sad that they don`t understand the how importent their dogs might could be for the breed that I love so much ....But I don`t think it makes them bad persons !

Greetings Rolf
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2008, 16:31   #43
Margo

Send a message via Skype™ to Margo Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Margo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
Hi hi, Daiva. Will you write about your dogs openly to all World? For example : "my male has operated bones or my dog have bad teeth," etc etc....? And if somebody will know some top secret info about your dogs and this person will write here: Don´t use Daiva male, he has this and this.....I think, you will never speak with this people...Or yes?
It is not the problem... In the case when somebody writes "Vaiva (not Daiva), I heard your dog has operated bones and bad teeth". She can answer: "it is bullshit. My dog is HD-A and here is the certificate. And here is the bonitation code that teeth are perfect".

The problem is when some people are telling something like this, when is it bullshit (sorry, for such word) but Vaiva has no idea that it is told behind her back and she can not write "No, it is nit true. It is just story told by another jealous breeder" but she wonders that puppy buyers get "nice emails" saying "Do not buy puppy from her". I tell you, Vaiva would be happy if she will have the chance to fight with such people and such bad undeserved opinions...

The customs of your tribe are not laws of nature - George Bernard Shaw
Margo jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2008, 18:10   #44
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Hello Mikael. One reaction to your first question. You mean, Orlik had curly coat. But Orlik had parents too. He MUST have it from some parent. You can ask us: Why was in breeding his father Rep z PS, if he had not corect coat?......
Hello Hanka

I am sorry but I never askt about Orlik, or heas coat...

I think you mean Elf

Best regards / Mikael
Old 29-10-2008, 19:17   #45
Hanka

Yes, of course, sorry
Old 03-11-2008, 13:57   #46
Hanka

Only short mesage for my "friend", which likes resend my answers to other people. Please read my answer once again:

Hello Mikael. One reaction to your first question. You mean, Orlik had curly coat. But Orlik had parents too. He MUST have it from some parent. You can ask us for example: Why was in breeding his father Rep z PS, if he had not corect coat?

I answer you: in 80. years of 20. century was 75% of slovakian population related to Rep z PS. If breeders could´not use him, the breeding was ending in the begin of breeding. I remember Rep z PS. It was wonderfull male with dancing steps, ideal male. So we must ignorate some defect. He gived much good dogs and some bad, of course. It is reason, why we must to do selection.

Did you read somewhere I think Rep was bad???
Some people here are sooo friendly

Old 03-11-2008, 17:13   #47
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Only short mesage for my "friend", which likes resend my answers to other people. Please read my answer once again:

Hello Mikael. One reaction to your first question. You mean, Orlik had curly coat. But Orlik had parents too. He MUST have it from some parent. You can ask us for example: Why was in breeding his father Rep z PS, if he had not corect coat?

I answer you: in 80. years of 20. century was 75% of slovakian population related to Rep z PS. If breeders could´not use him, the breeding was ending in the begin of breeding. I remember Rep z PS. It was wonderfull male with dancing steps, ideal male. So we must ignorate some defect. He gived much good dogs and some bad, of course. It is reason, why we must to do selection.

Did you read somewhere I think Rep was bad???
Some people here are sooo friendly

Sorry Hanka, but I do not understand what you mean ???

I have still never askt any questions about Orlink or heas coat ???

Please quote me !!!

Regards / Mikael
Old 04-11-2008, 08:08   #48
Hanka

Not you, of course...I only copy my first answer with bad name. I know you did not ask about him )).
There was important my answer about REP )
Old 04-11-2008, 17:08   #49
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

Quote:
Not you, of course...I only copy my first answer with bad name. I know you did not ask about him )).
There was important my answer about REP )
Hi, when You see REP in real life? maybe You have hes photo? cann send me this photo?

thanks
Old 04-11-2008, 20:48   #50
Hanka

I had some black-white old fotos, but they are lost already. And I was so stupid and I lended my old materials to one potential new owner of my puppy and I lost much fotos, old articles. But it is past......
But belive me, she was so beautiful (for me ), especially his movement. I remember him on World show in 1990. His owner was standing in show ring and Rep "danced" around him on the leash......I will remember it for all life )
Old 04-11-2008, 20:51   #51
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

eh I wish this see.

i houpe have beautiful hes head photo (we wish have this to LT club), but i see this is problematic.

thanks