Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 02-06-2009, 13:15   #1
tikaani

Default stud dog

hi im lookin for a stud dog for my femail CWD, willing to travel abroad for the right stud dog, she is not in season yet but would like to get to know the breeder/stud dog first......hope some one can help
tikaani jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 13:54   #2
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

Wow, what answer you wait?
everybody will offer you own male .
What is name of your female? Blood? Defects? HD result? It is not easy to choose good male.......
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 14:11   #3
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

http://www.wolfdog.org/php/modules.p...&file=studdogs
her have all stud dog with all info.
I see info about You 2 dogs, one is not pedigree bitch, other is mix with timberwolf. You not have breed bitch yet. in FCI male cann mate only PEDIGREE bitch. Maybe You find dog who mas this, but bigest % breeder not mate bitch without pedigree. better buy normal CSW with normal pedigree and make new pure breed plan.
I think all are ok and You think about Your breed plan and used ONLY pure CSV.

Last edited by wolfin; 02-06-2009 at 14:29. Reason: p.s.
wolfin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 19:33   #4
tikaani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
Wow, what answer you wait?
everybody will offer you own male .
What is name of your female? Blood? Defects? HD result? It is not easy to choose good male.......
http://www.wolfdog.org/dbase/d/9712
hi, here is her family tree, hd results will be in a months time as im havin her dun in the next few weeks, as you sead it isnt easy choosing the right male so im lookin for one now, wich should give me plenty of time to decide the right one. as im new to breeding any help and avise is always welcome thanks. i have just discoverd how to put pics of kaya on albums on my home page so feel free to have a look.
Old 02-06-2009, 19:54   #5
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

Wow, her pedigree is mixture of everything. You can use what you want .
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 20:21   #6
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
Wow, her pedigree is mixture of everything. You can use what you want .
Hanka... a person asked for an advice, guess it could be a really interesting topic, especially if the experienced breeders could advice about how THEY choose studs for their litters. Our aim is one - benefit of the breed, isn't it?

Tikaani, maybe only theoretically - here are nice articles, that you, I guess, already know: http://www.britishdogbreeders.co.uk/

Also i found some simple advices from a known scotch terrier breeder in LT (www.terjerai.lt) Of course, it is just the base, but these are some important points in choosing a stud dog for a beginer breeder:
- the minuses of the male and female can not be the same;
- you should chek for some really good common ancestors in both dogs' pedeigrees;
- the male should not be worse than a female.
sounds simple but it is not She also made comments on this, but it is in Lithuanian terrier forum, if you think this info could be interesting, I can translate it.

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 20:32   #7
tikaani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiva View Post
Hanka... a person asked for an advice, guess it could be a really interesting topic, especially if the experienced breeders could advice about how THEY choose studs for their litters. Our aim is one - benefit of the breed, isn't it?

Tikaani, maybe only theoretically - here are nice articles, that you, I guess, already know: http://www.britishdogbreeders.co.uk/

Also i found some simple advices from a known scotch terrier breeder in LT (www.terjerai.lt) Of course, it is just the base, but these are some important points in choosing a stud dog for a beginer breeder:
- the minuses of the male and female can not be the same;
- you should chek for some really good common ancestors in both dogs' pedeigrees;
- the male should not be worse than a female.
sounds simple but it is not She also made comments on this, but it is in Lithuanian terrier forum, if you think this info could be interesting, I can translate it.

thank you very much, i apritiate your help. its nice to have some one help insted of makin yousles coments. as iv sead i dont know much about breeding and people like you help out a lot so thanks again. if you can translate i would be most apritiated best wishes from tikaani
Old 03-06-2009, 15:12   #8
tupacs2legs
rookie

Send a message via ICQ to tupacs2legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfin View Post
http://www.wolfdog.org/php/modules.p...&file=studdogs
her have all stud dog with all info.
I see info about You 2 dogs, one is not pedigree bitch, other is mix with timberwolf. You not have breed bitch yet. in FCI male cann mate only PEDIGREE bitch. Maybe You find dog who mas this, but bigest % breeder not mate bitch without pedigree. better buy normal CSW with normal pedigree and make new pure breed plan.
I think all are ok and You think about Your breed plan and used ONLY pure CSV.
hi
can i ask when you say he has no pedigree bitch do you mean she is an unregisterd bitch? (as you know they are not reconised with the kennel club yet) also what do you mean by 'normal' csv,is kaya not normal?
i would like to know what you mean as my csv has the same 'pedigree'
regards and thanks
tupacs2legs jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 15:21   #9
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

Quote:
hi
can i ask when you say he has no pedigree bitch do you mean she is an unregisterd bitch? (as you know they are not reconised with the kennel club yet) also what do you mean by 'normal' csv,is kaya not normal?
i would like to know what you mean as my csv has the same 'pedigree'
regards and thanks
hmm, Your dog have this same parents and blood but not pedigree. Pedigree is document, and in this case UK dogs ( who born in UK) is not pedigree dog. and this make problem.
me dogs ( if speak about me) is with FCI pedigree, and me male cann mate only bitch with PEDIGREE.
I say this- Yours UK dogs not have UK or FCI pedigree and not all male mate this bitch, when this is not pedigree litter. in FCI reguls we not cann this make.
I speak about only reguls. Kaya is CSV ( we know only pedigree and - in Your case DNA cann thake info about pure dogs) but without pedigree.
and cann be problem with male for this mate when not all country, but are - who have reguls- not mate not pedigree bitch, if mate- have later problem in society.
and for this today Uk have problems, who is not good to breeding.

Last edited by wolfin; 03-06-2009 at 15:24. Reason: p.s.
wolfin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 17:36   #10
tikaani

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfin View Post
hmm, Your dog have this same parents and blood but not pedigree. Pedigree is document, and in this case UK dogs ( who born in UK) is not pedigree dog. and this make problem.
me dogs ( if speak about me) is with FCI pedigree, and me male cann mate only bitch with PEDIGREE.
I say this- Yours UK dogs not have UK or FCI pedigree and not all male mate this bitch, when this is not pedigree litter. in FCI reguls we not cann this make.
I speak about only reguls. Kaya is CSV ( we know only pedigree and - in Your case DNA cann thake info about pure dogs) but without pedigree.
and cann be problem with male for this mate when not all country, but are - who have reguls- not mate not pedigree bitch, if mate- have later problem in society.
and for this today Uk have problems, who is not good to breeding.

hopfully cwd will be kc registerd in the uk very soon, we are just waitin on them now. we have had to wait for enuff cwd breed over her but now there is enuff and the kennel club have been informed also a club is sort beinged out as well so hopfully in the next few months every thing will be sorted and then we shall be able to have pedagrees, or am i wrong about that?

Last edited by tikaani; 03-06-2009 at 17:39.
Old 03-06-2009, 18:18   #11
Juniorwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikaani View Post
hopfully cwd will be kc registerd in the uk very soon, we are just waitin on them now. we have had to wait for enuff cwd breed over her but now there is enuff and the kennel club have been informed also a club is sort beinged out as well so hopfully in the next few months every thing will be sorted and then we shall be able to have pedagrees, or am i wrong about that?
I am not a breeder and I don`t have much experience in these law`s, but I think it still could be a problem that your dogs will not have a FCI-pedigree, but a KC-pedigree... I`m not sure, for an example, that the Danish kennel club will accept other pedigree`s than FCI`s ?
But I think it will be a good step in the right direction, if your kennel club will recognice the breed and give them pedigrees ...next step will be to push your kennel club to be part of FCI, but that will not happen over night for sure

Greetings Rolf
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 18:36   #12
tikaani

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolf View Post
I am not a breeder and I don`t have much experience in these law`s, but I think it still could be a problem that your dogs will not have a FCI-pedigree, but a KC-pedigree... I`m not sure, for an example, that the Danish kennel club will accept other pedigree`s than FCI`s ?
But I think it will be a good step in the right direction, if your kennel club will recognice the breed and give them pedigrees ...next step will be to push your kennel club to be part of FCI, but that will not happen over night for sure

Greetings Rolf

i have just been on the ck site and found this:
The Kennel Club and FCI Sign Historic Agreement

02-Jun-09

At the recent FCI European Dog Show in Dublin, the Kennel Club signed an historic agreement with the Fédération Cynologique Internationale (FCI). A new ‘letter of understanding’ was signed by both parties at a special ceremony which took place at the Show on Saturday 30th May.
The last formal agreement between the Kennel Club and FCI dates back over 70 years to 1935, but was no longer valid. It was felt that a new document outlining the relationship between the organisations should be prepared. The two parties have agreed the new letter of understanding after considered negotiations.
The agreement states that the two organisations ‘share the common goals of promoting and protecting, in the case of the FCI - pedigree dogs and in the case of the Kennel Club - all dogs’. It goes on to state that ‘It is agreed that the relations between KC and FCI and its member registries should be explicitly written with a view towards future cooperation’.
Amongst the subjects covered by the agreement are the recognition of breeds, national dog registries, the holding of shows and events – and the sharing of knowledge which would affect or be useful to the other party.
Significantly, the FCI has formally agreed permission for Kennel Club teams to participate in FCI World or Section Agility, Utility, Obedience, etc Championship events, provided that this participation does not prevent representative teams of FCI member organisations from taking part.
Following the signing of the agreement, Ronnie Irving, Chairman of the Kennel Club said: “We are very pleased to have signed this agreement with the FCI after a great deal of hard work from both sides to ensure that it encapsulated our aims and beliefs. Whilst much of what the agreement contains was already in place informally, we believe that this will go a long way towards strengthening the relationship between our two organisations without in any way compromising our respective positions.”
Hans Müller, President of the FCI, echoed Mr Irving’s feelings, saying: “The FCI is happy that it has formally reached agreement with the Kennel Club on so many areas of mutual understanding. We hope that this will provide added strength to our relationship and we look forward to working together for the benefit of dogs across the world in the future.”

its a good start already. fingers crossed.
Old 03-06-2009, 19:23   #13
Juniorwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikaani View Post
i have just been on the ck site and found this:
The Kennel Club and FCI Sign Historic Agreement

02-Jun-09

At the recent FCI European Dog Show in Dublin, the Kennel Club signed an historic agreement with the Fédération Cynologique Internationale (FCI). A new ‘letter of understanding’ was signed by both parties at a special ceremony which took place at the Show on Saturday 30th May.
The last formal agreement between the Kennel Club and FCI dates back over 70 years to 1935, but was no longer valid. It was felt that a new document outlining the relationship between the organisations should be prepared. The two parties have agreed the new letter of understanding after considered negotiations.
The agreement states that the two organisations ‘share the common goals of promoting and protecting, in the case of the FCI - pedigree dogs and in the case of the Kennel Club - all dogs’. It goes on to state that ‘It is agreed that the relations between KC and FCI and its member registries should be explicitly written with a view towards future cooperation’.
Amongst the subjects covered by the agreement are the recognition of breeds, national dog registries, the holding of shows and events – and the sharing of knowledge which would affect or be useful to the other party.
Significantly, the FCI has formally agreed permission for Kennel Club teams to participate in FCI World or Section Agility, Utility, Obedience, etc Championship events, provided that this participation does not prevent representative teams of FCI member organisations from taking part.
Following the signing of the agreement, Ronnie Irving, Chairman of the Kennel Club said: “We are very pleased to have signed this agreement with the FCI after a great deal of hard work from both sides to ensure that it encapsulated our aims and beliefs. Whilst much of what the agreement contains was already in place informally, we believe that this will go a long way towards strengthening the relationship between our two organisations without in any way compromising our respective positions.”
Hans Müller, President of the FCI, echoed Mr Irving’s feelings, saying: “The FCI is happy that it has formally reached agreement with the Kennel Club on so many areas of mutual understanding. We hope that this will provide added strength to our relationship and we look forward to working together for the benefit of dogs across the world in the future.”

its a good start already. fingers crossed.
Yes I think this is very good
Especially this part "Amongst the subjects covered by the agreement are the recognition of breeds, national dog registries, the holding of shows and events".
....so now must be the right time to push the KC to fully recognize CSW as a pure breed and give them pedigree`s ...I wish you best of luck

Greetings Rolf
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 22:23   #14
tikaani

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolf View Post
Yes I think this is very good
Especially this part "Amongst the subjects covered by the agreement are the recognition of breeds, national dog registries, the holding of shows and events".
....so now must be the right time to push the KC to fully recognize CSW as a pure breed and give them pedigree`s ...I wish you best of luck

Greetings Rolf

i think your right,it def is the right time and about time. thanks for your suport, ill let you know how it goes....