Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 31-08-2005, 20:01   #21
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

But when it will have more animals in the country are cheaper if to divide the counts them to it between the owners and other breeders of the breed.
Future, it would have as one brazilian if to specialize in the breed and to gain the license to give the Bonitations here?

Before registering in this fórum already have informed about the breed One things called mi atention in this breed, was it to be very resistant (for climatics changes and exercises) and active... destructive too.

Of in such a way looking information on the breed I finished learning to read Italian!
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 21:07   #22
y'arg

Default Canada

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I have been checking back once in a while to see what people are up to. I'm in Canada and have decided to get a CSW in the near future (maybe 2 or 3 years when I'm ready for it). I have visited this guy's website and was just about to contact him when all of a sudden, I notice his website doesn't exist anymore!!!!

I'm really sad because I really want a CSW, as I have been researching this breed since last October and I am willing to learn everything about them before I get one, as I want to be a responsible owner. I was even researching trainers. I'm hunting for a new apartment so I can get one large enough to live with my dog. How am I going to get a CSW now? I even live in Quebec. If this guy is afraid of potential CSW owners, then maybe he wouldn't have sold to me either. If I remember correctly from his website, its been maybe 3-5 years since he had his first litter and there were no updates on later litters.

Do I really have to fly to Czech Republic to get one? What are the procedures?
y'arg jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 21:26   #23
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf

You don´t have to fly over to CR, SR or anywhere else to get a puppy. However, it would be the best for you and the puppy, if you did so.

If you cannot do that, you have to find a breeder willing to send you the puppy over. Remember that like that, you are at mercy of the breeder - you did not see parents of the dogs, you did not see the puppies, you do not know in fact, what are you going to receive. There are breeders and "breeders".

For myself, I suggest you to try to contact Hanka Kaufmanova, kennel Od Uhoste, she expects litter from this combination:http://www.wolfdog.org/eng/litters/631.html
Hanka speaks English enough and she shipped puppy to USA last year. If you convince her you are the right man to have her puppy, she probably would ship the puppy to Canada, too. There is already one dog from her kennel in Canada - Monkey od Uhoste - http://www.wolfdog.org/dbase/d/5851 You can also try to contact the owner and ask about her experience with the breeder and the puppy shipment.

Good luck!
Old 11-03-2007, 21:28   #24
Mirkawolf

Actually, I just realised that Monkey od Uhoste also lives in Quebec, so maybe you even can visit them and see real CSW for yourself. It will help you to get idea what to expect.
Old 11-03-2007, 21:35   #25
y'arg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkawolf1
Actually, I just realised that Monkey od Uhoste also lives in Quebec, so maybe you even can visit them and see real CSW for yourself. It will help you to get idea what to expect.
Well, thats exactly the problem. I knew of their existence ever since I became interested in the breed. Their website all of a sudden disappeared. It haven't visited it for maybe 1-2 months and no more info on wolf dogs on their sites, only the Eurasia site now. According to the people who posted above, the guy is a bit up in arms about potential owners of CSWs. They are actually pretty close to me -- 1-2 hours and I've read that they can also house the dogs when you have to go on a trip or something, and I thougth that was perfect for me. I was just about to contact them too. I speak French, English, a bit of German, and my best- friend is a Czech guy. Like you said, it would be best to see the parents and visit the puppies before purchasing and thats what I had intended to do when I found the Quebec guy. Maybe I will take up your suggestion and Ms. Kaufmanova. Thank you.
Old 12-03-2007, 00:11   #26
Mirkawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by y'arg
According to the people who posted above, the guy is a bit up in arms about potential owners of CSWs. They are actually pretty close to me -- 1-2 hours and I've read that they can also house the dogs when you have to go on a trip or something, and I thougth that was perfect for me. I was just about to contact them too. I speak French, English, a bit of German, and my best- friend is a Czech guy. Like you said, it would be best to see the parents and visit the puppies before purchasing and thats what I had intended to do when I found the Quebec guy. Maybe I will take up your suggestion and Ms. Kaufmanova. Thank you.
Well, you can always send e-mail and ask. Try to contact not the guy, but the woman - Alena Plihal. She is Czech, who moved to Canada. I exchanged several e-mails with her in the past and she was friendly and I don´t see, why they should make you troubles to visit.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:09   #27
y'arg

Where would I find her e-mail address, please?
Old 12-03-2007, 10:58   #28
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Hi, y'arg

I just wanted to remind you that when flying to Europe, there is not much difference in cost or time to travel to Norway or Prague or Bratislava... Don't be afraid, we don't live on trees! It would be very difficult for us to create this beautiful breed in that case
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 19:16   #29
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

Hello Mirka,
thanks I am in contact with her, already
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 03:06   #30
y'arg

Hi Saschia,

Haha, I know you don't live in trees. As long as you don't think we live in igloos in Canada and go to town with huskies towing us on a sled. I have never been to Europe, but hopefully when I get vacation time I will go with my friend. I love to visit Prague. I heard its one of the most beautiful places. I think I have already seen many places in Prague from books that my friend brings to me all the time. I want to claim the Prague castle, but I think it only works in my dreams.

Hi Hanka, how did you know it was me?
Old 13-03-2007, 20:44   #31
Hanka

If no- my mistake. Are you Odette from Canada?
And: when you will be in Prague, you can go to me, I am 100km from Prague
Old 15-03-2007, 02:04   #32
y'arg

You would be correct. I'll let you know when I'm heading your way then [/list]
Old 24-03-2007, 06:00   #33
soniakanavle

Send a message via AIM to soniakanavle

Hey!
I guess I was lucky two years ago when I only had to drive from California to Quebec to get my Wolfdog puppy, Flint.
I had first choice of the male or female and I picked the big two month old baby boy. I got to meet the mother, Wolfsirius Shetan Hawkeye, and her and the puppies seemed very well taken care of and socialized and the breeders were very nice. I don't know why they've stopped breeding cause my pup turned out big strong smart and beautiful.
[I didn't get to meet the breeder who has his father, Monkey od Uhoste but I would like to. :]
I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful breed, I want to share.
It seems like there's lots of people looking for a wolfdog pup.
He's full grown now and I might consider breeding him to a right female if all the pups were already spoken for.
If anyone is interested you should write to me and see if we could work something out.
Here or my email, [email protected]
Hope everyones having a good day!
Love, Sonia & Flint

Heres some pictures of the love of my life:

This winter.

At the river last summer.

Rock climbing with my German Shepherd, Jack.

Hiking in San Francisco.

Summer.

Sleeping in bed after a long day.

Two months old. Isn't he cute?!
soniakanavle jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2007, 11:18   #34
Mirkawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniakanavle
He's full grown now and I might consider breeding him to a right female if all the pups were already spoken for.
If anyone is interested you should write to me and see if we could work something out.
Here or my email, [email protected]
Hope everyones having a good day!
Love, Sonia & Flint
Big smart and beautifull is fine, but usually is not enough for breeding, Sonia. However, I know that your conditions are far different than conditions in CR or SR, where we require bonitation, x-rays and character test.
But please, for the sake of the breed and the unborn puppies in the future, do at least x-rays for hip dysplasia and if they are worse than "C", do not breed him, even if you can.
Old 24-03-2007, 20:07   #35
Hanka

Oh , Mirka was first who answered you. I hope Sonia , you are satisfied with your wolfdog. But if you have not HIP dysplasia result, it is not good start of new breeding in your state. In Canada are "normal" conditions, all breeders can go to X-ray. My puppy Monkey od Uhoste has result of HIP dysplasia too. He has A 0/0. So, he can be used for breeding. But mother of your puppy????? If you don´t want do the same, go to your vet for it, please. Wolfdog must be HEALTH breed. It is what we want
bye Hanka
Old 25-03-2007, 05:12   #36
soniakanavle

Send a message via AIM to soniakanavle

Thanks for caring about his hips!
Of course I would take X-rays and tests to make sure he's completely healthy before I would even think about breeding him [as well as make sure the bitch is healthy too.]
I got X-rays of my German Shepherd when she was young and she [sadly] had mild hip dysplasia even though her parents were certified 'good.'
I had her spayed to avoid the chance of her having the strain of puppies or any chance of her passing it on.
I just love my Wolfdog and he fits the perfect standerd of the breed and I think he would make beautiful sound pups with the right female.

Thanks again and have a great day.

:]
soniakanavle jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 19:36   #37
wolfangel

Update on Canadian & US breeders (October 2007)

Actually, no breeder exists in USA.
But since 2004, one breeder is in QC, Canada.

There is one neutered male living in Laval, QC that came from Ces.Republic.

In Wolfen kennel (QC), two females were imported from Finland. One was bred to the imported male (prior he was neutered) and the two female puppies were kept by the breeder (Wolfen kennel). One male unfortunately died from a bloat (gastric tortion). The other male was sold in co-ownership in USA as a pet and was neutered.

People needs to undertsand that prior to bred other litter, Wolfen kennel decided to obtain full recognition of the breed.
The recognition process offered by the Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) was long and complicated. Also as many FCI members know, there still are some political aspects between FCI and CKC.... so Wolfen kennel contacted the Canine Federation of Canada (CFC) to obtain full recognition of the breed. This should be done by 2008.

CFC offers us official pedigrees that will be accepted by the FCI.
It is the FCI standard that will be recognized.

In Canada we don't have bonitation quotes.... because this not exist here.
But when a dog obtain a CACS, this meens the judge gave him a quote of EXCELLENT. The dog's conformation to the standard is not just good but excellent!

Wolfen kennel showed for the very first time Wolfsirius Shetan Hawkeye in the CFC dog show held in Laval, QC last October 6th and 7th. It was the very first time a CSV competed in conformation show in North America.
CFC shows are held under FCI rules and the judges are all FCI officials ones.

Shetan is the very first CSV to obtained her three CACS to have her champion title under three different judges.
Wolfen kennel is now proud to say that Shetan is the very first Canadian Champion.

Wolfen kennel breeder is my husband. His English is very limited so it is why I personnaly joined the forum and update some facts about the breed statue and the breeding ethic of Wolfen.

To bred a litter, Wolfen used ONLY hips+elbows clear dogs and the dogs are also CERF examinated (eye examination). It is true that the neutered male used at first was not xrayed.... it should be but we learned at the end he was not.
Shetan is clear of all.
Wolfen's other Finnish import and Shetan's two dauthers will be tested in 2008.
There is no rush since we don't have a stud on the Eastern coast of Canada-USA available and a litter is not planned before end 2008.

Wolfen kennel should go in Europe to bred or import an adult proven stud.

Without serious inquiries, this meens people making official reservations, the breeder can't go ahead and bred a female just to have puppies.....
It is not an ethical way of breeding to do that in North America.

Wolfen don't use news papers or pet shops to sell his puppies.
All puppies are sold (pet & show prospect) ONLY under co-ownership agreement.
This is to protect the breed against puppy mills and resellers.... specially with the popularity of hybrids in North America. Too many people are attracted by hybrid because of the wolf inside... but rare are people that keep them for years. Most people just drop there or put them down...
Wolfen is ethic enough to care about his puppies and want only the very best for them.

If some people heard the opposite, believe me.... these words were untrue.

All Wolfen's dogs are social with people and kids. They are raw fed and holistically raised. Puppies born inside the kitchen among the family. Wolfen never had and will never have kennel puppies.
As professionnal in behaviour, a lot of time and work is invested in a structured socialization program.

For questions or to contact Wolfen kennel, please send an email to [email protected] Only serious inquiries please.
If you are not ready to wait few months for the perfect companion puppy, Wolfen kennel will have no pup for you.
Breeding are made only when having official reservations.
Visitors are always welcome by appointment (we all work )

Never argue with idiots.
They drag you down to their level,
then beat you with experience.
wolfangel jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 19:39   #38
wolfangel

Default Up date on Canadian breeder....

Update on Canadian & US breeders (October 2007)

Actually, no breeder exists in USA.
But since 2004, one breeder is in QC, Canada.

There is one neutered male living in Laval, QC that came from Ces.Republic.

In Wolfen kennel (QC), two females were imported from Finland. One was bred to the imported male (prior he was neutered) and the two female puppies were kept by the breeder (Wolfen kennel). One male unfortunately died from a bloat (gastric tortion). The other male was sold in co-ownership in USA as a pet and was neutered.

People needs to undertsand that prior to bred other litter, Wolfen kennel decided to obtain full recognition of the breed.
The recognition process offered by the Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) was long and complicated. Also as many FCI members know, there still are some political aspects between FCI and CKC.... so Wolfen kennel contacted the Canine Federation of Canada (CFC) to obtain full recognition of the breed. This should be done by 2008.

CFC offers us official pedigrees that will be accepted by the FCI.
It is the FCI standard that will be recognized.

In Canada we don't have bonitation quotes.... because this not exist here.
But when a dog obtain a CACS, this meens the judge gave him a quote of EXCELLENT. The dog's conformation to the standard is not just good but excellent!

Wolfen kennel showed for the very first time Wolfsirius Shetan Hawkeye in the CFC dog show held in Laval, QC last October 6th and 7th. It was the very first time a CSV competed in conformation show in North America.
CFC shows are held under FCI rules and the judges are all FCI officials ones.

Shetan is the very first CSV to obtained her three CACS to have her champion title under three different judges.
Wolfen kennel is now proud to say that Shetan is the very first Canadian Champion.

Wolfen kennel breeder is my husband. His English is very limited so it is why I personnaly joined the forum and update some facts about the breed statue and the breeding ethic of Wolfen.

To bred a litter, Wolfen used ONLY hips+elbows clear dogs and the dogs are also CERF examinated (eye examination). It is true that the neutered male used at first was not xrayed.... it should be but we learned at the end he was not.
Shetan is clear of all.
Wolfen's other Finnish import and Shetan's two dauthers will be tested in 2008.
There is no rush since we don't have a stud on the Eastern coast of Canada-USA available and a litter is not planned before end 2008.

Wolfen kennel should go in Europe to bred or import an adult proven stud.

Without serious inquiries, this meens people making official reservations, the breeder can't go ahead and bred a female just to have puppies.....
It is not an ethical way of breeding to do that in North America.

Wolfen don't use news papers or pet shops to sell his puppies.
All puppies are sold (pet & show prospect) ONLY under co-ownership agreement.
This is to protect the breed against puppy mills and resellers.... specially with the popularity of hybrids in North America. Too many people are attracted by hybrid because of the wolf inside... but rare are people that keep them for years. Most people just drop there or put them down...
Wolfen is ethic enough to care about his puppies and want only the very best for them.

If some people heard the opposite, believe me.... these words were untrue.

All Wolfen's dogs are social with people and kids. They are raw fed and holistically raised. Puppies born inside the kitchen among the family. Wolfen never had and will never have kennel puppies.
As professionnal in behaviour, a lot of time and work is invested in a structured socialization program.

For questions or to contact Wolfen kennel, please send an email to [email protected] Only serious inquiries please.
If you are not ready to wait few months for the perfect companion puppy, Wolfen kennel will have no pup for you.
Breeding are made only when having official reservations.
Visitors are always welcome by appointment (we all work!)

Never argue with idiots.
They drag you down to their level,
then beat you with experience.
wolfangel jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:30   #39
Kootenay

Default Canadian breeder?

I'm sorry to be asking this, as I know I should be able to find it here on the database, but I have heard mentioned more than once that there is at least one breeder of CsW in Canada - and yet I can't find the breeder listed anywhere on this site. Maybe they aren't breeding any more? All I can find is one stud dog in Canada. I would also be curious how many dogs there are all together here in Canada, as I am very interested to meet a CsW and I'm not planning a trip over to Europe for a few years !
Thank you in advance for any info!
Kootenay jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 21:50   #40
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Here you have some info about CsV in Canada and the US...

CsV that lives in Canada >>> http://www.amicale-chien-loup-tcheco...country=Canada

CsV that lives in the US >>> http://www.amicale-chien-loup-tcheco...=United+States

You can find the owner and (kennel, website, e-mail, address) here in the database search >>> http://www.wolfdog.org/eng/dbase/ just wright the name of the dog.

Best regards / Mikael

Last edited by Mikael; 01-12-2009 at 21:54.
Mikael jest offline   Reply With Quote