Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Health and nutrition

Health and nutrition How to feed a Wolfdog, information about dog food, how to vaccinate and what to do if the dog gets ill....

Old 17-10-2009, 09:45   #1
miihar

Default Heat duration

Hi everybody,

I would like to know your experiences of CSV's heat. Our dog, Alaska, started its heat at the end of June and after a few weeks it stopped for a while. Then it started again and seems to go on. Last week I thought it would be over because I could not see marks on the floor anymore (and the fluid had been faint in color). But now she's having bright red fluid again (not in large quantities, but stains here and there).

Could this be a some kind of infection (uterus etc) or just prolonged heat? Of course, to make sure I will contact the vet if this won't stop soon. I know that sometimes dogs can get a "pre-heat" and only after that the usual one. Actually that also seemed to be the case with our dog last autumn, but still it didn't last this long... She's also had heat once a year only and I know that this is possible with some dogs and maybe the wolf-blood has something to do with it.

Please tell me about your experiences of other female CSVs!

Regards,

Miia
miihar jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 10:24   #2
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

Hi, my bitch 8 year have heat about 3 monts long, first 2-2,5 monts she blooding but not very strong, others male not very interesing shi's. Later end 3 monts she have normal ovulation, mate and puppy.
Young my girl have heat about 1,5-2 monts this same - in end heat have normal ovulation and mate.
Yes, You cann have a little problem with veterinar- hes cann say - this is bad, You bitch not healt, and others, but member if vagina is clear, not have microb and others problems, this is normal wolfdogs heat.
Old 19-10-2009, 08:38   #3
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

hello Miia, this heating is not bad, wolfdogs have sometimes very crazy and very "interst" heating. I think, your female has not health problems.
very long heating (over a few months), stopped heating and continuing after a few weeks, short and quick heating, not fertil heating,.....All is normal
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote