Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 07-11-2010, 02:44   #1
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa
Default Iran Zemplínska oblast

About Iran, I think the image below fits him perfectly

Old 07-11-2010, 03:21   #2
buidelwolf

Hi Paula,

Besides, how is Iran doing; still in good health? Is he still used for breeding?

Greetings
buidelwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 16:05   #3
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post

hmm... )))
Old 07-11-2010, 19:43   #4
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by buidelwolf View Post
Hi Paula,

Besides, how is Iran doing; still in good health? Is he still used for breeding?

Greetings
He acts like a young dog, still with a huge lust/libido, according to the preliminary exams he is still pretty fertile for his age but lets see what more detailed exams will say about it, we're planning to freeze his semen for future use, also as I plan to mate him with Mona soon as possible.
He has mate with Jezebeth in the middle of this year, to tell you the truth, he is so "powerfull" as stud that Jezebeth entered in heat 24 hours after see him.
He is full of health and very active, loves to walk and swim, he got fully adapted to our climate, often copy Jezebeth going to toast his belly in the sun with her.

It is a movie that I did in september to show how my pack behave when there are only 1 dog eating, you can see him.

Old 07-11-2010, 20:14   #5
martiou07

Send a message via MSN to martiou07 Send a message via Skype™ to martiou07

very nice video Paula !!! thanks Paula !!!

I am impressed by thickness of hair Iran in Brazil !!! nice !!!

martiou07 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 20:15   #6
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Yes he really look like 100% POWER

Best regards / Mikael
Old 07-11-2010, 20:46   #7
wolfin

I have Iran in me home about 3 monts. He was unreal - his vitality, brain, movement, charakter and temperament. He have in Lithuania Iran's fan club For this I have his daughter - Laudaj- she too are Iran temperament and character clone. I realy happy from this decision mate me female with Iran and stay one girl He are Iran the Great
Old 07-11-2010, 22:12   #8
Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiou07 View Post
I am impressed by thickness of hair Iran in Brazil !!! nice !!!
Yes, it was in the start of Spring, still quite cold, in the movie I have Mona and Iran with winter coat, Arthas changing and Jezebeth with summer coat.
Now Iran started to change his coat as well, soon I will have a bunch of suricate at home again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfin
He was unreal - his vitality, brain, movement, charakter and temperament.
It's funny because I think the same of him, he is an amazing stud dog, which is able to breed tipical and nice offsprings, with pretty wolfish features, correct body and excelent character.
But the main problem of Iran all were due the low quality of what we call breeders, people which have an kennel name and produce pups, but have no idea nor even about the standard of the breed, nor even about how should look a CzW out of "tall dog with clear ambar eyes and short ears", also the same people who have no idea about bloodlines and health selection.
For those people iran was a non-titled small ugly dog with dark eyes which should be P14.
Thanks that we have again a shameful planned litter list which most of the announced litter will give birth to atipical dogs, some with a huge tendency for health problems at the same time that several interessing studs are getting lost because of the age, and were not used enough with stupid excuses like, "they have no show titles", "is easier to sold pups with ultra tall parents" or "he should have ambar eyes, perfect mask and small ears".
If we keep like that, our breed will have an dark future.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:08   #9
CDaniela
http://www.srdcervac.wbs.

Nebulosa
I recommend to make the DM test for Iran.

CDaniela jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 14:19   #10
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDaniela View Post
Nebulosa
Daniela, I suggest rather to read about symptoms of DM
I really wish you that Amore moves at the age of 12 years as good as Iran. And that he has so much energy. It is a pitty that you didn't met him - believe me: he is more active as "grandpa" than Amore right now... When he was at my home I had to pay attention for him because he EASILY jumped over 2m fence (he loved to visit neighbours' females). Last year he was able to cover a female which was almost 69cm...
And believe me - he didn't had happy life like Amore (sleeping on a sofa). No - he spent his life in a 2x2meter kennel without any playground. And Amore's food was what Iran only dreamed about. And I'm sure Amore will never be almost starving like Iran was when I picked him up.

Believe me - when you take in consideration contidions and the sad life Iran had you will be astonish about his condition, activity and vitality. And I wish any dog to move, jump and run like him at this age....

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 14:20   #11
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki

Quote:

Yes, it is 100% Iran...

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 20:34   #12
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Peronówki View Post
And I'm sure Amore will never be almost starving like Iran was when I picked him up.

Believe me - when you take in consideration contidions and the sad life Iran had you will be astonish about his condition, activity and vitality. And I wish any dog to move, jump and run like him at this age....
Thanks Margo for saving Iran, for he´s own good and for the future of the breed

Very best regards / Mikael
Old 08-11-2010, 23:46   #13
Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrocalle
I raised this topic because it seems to me to be very important, but simultaneously it seems to me to be slightly worrying. If we pull the thread wherefrom our current dogs come, they all end in Rep.
The problem is not Rep, in several breeds you can meet even more restricted genetic pool, even if all dogs comes back to Rep in 8 or 9 generation, differents preferences in the selection of the breed should mantain the tipicity while at the same time as small diferences from region to region will appear, also as different genetical conections, which can garantee the genetical diversity enough to preserve the breed.

Basically, the breed will be selected looking for different features in different places, this different selection will already be able to raise the genetical diversity by itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDaniela View Post
Nebulosa
I also recomend to test your dogs, as it would be great if everybody make it in every dog, because some people with affected dogs are having a huge problem to find free studs with compatible genetic.
After a good ammount of tested dogs, we will be able to know WHAT SHOULD WE DO for select DM without affect even more the (poor) quality of the breed today.
We will not be able to select HD, ED, DM or any other disease while we nor even have tipical dogs for chose, while soon we will have to pick up the pieces of what remained of the interesting lines, which were well known to give wolfish features and health, from atipical dogs with a huge tendency for health problems.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:28   #14
CDaniela

Quote:
I also recomend to test your dogs, as it would be great if everybody make it in every dog, because some people with affected dogs are having a huge problem to find free studs with compatible genetic.
My dogs will soon be tested on DM and Dwarf.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:59   #15
hanninadina

Send a message via Skype™ to hanninadina

When Iran seems to be important for the breed I do not understand, why Margo sold him to Brasil?

Paula is writing from "(poor) quality of the breed.... Not long ago everybody was claiming and confirming what healthy breed csw is?!

So talking about genetic variablity I can only say, it seems to be time to cross in a new carpathian line officially! The clubs should sit together, if male or female wolf should be used and of course which dog. Than there should be an arrangement that every club will get a pup out of this litter. And so far - I hope - everybody knows it needs time to breed a wolf to a dog. So there must be raised up a wolf cub together with a csw pup. Best would be a few wolf cubes so one can see which one is good in behaviour and of course healthy selection must be done when he/she is in the age. So it would be necessary to raise up a few wolves.

So be honest to yourself.
hanninadina jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 14:06   #16
CDaniela

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanninadina View Post
When Iran seems to be important for the breed I do not understand, why Margo sold him to Brasil?
Many very good dogs are imported ....

Old 09-11-2010, 14:14   #17
hanninadina

Send a message via Skype™ to hanninadina

You mean exported to abroad. Which for example you mean?

It makes no sense to export an important dog like Iran to Brasil where are 5, 10 or how many csw???? As I wrote I do not understand why this had be done and now everybody is talking about that he is important and how well he is?????

Daniela, I like your dog very much!!!! Congratulation for him!
hanninadina jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 14:23   #18
wolfin

Quote:

It makes no sense to export an important dog like Iran to Brasil where are 5, 10 or how many csw???? As I wrote I do not understand why this had be done and now everybody is talking about that he is important and how well he is?????
why to Brazil? for breeding. In europe per 10 years him used only a few breeder, other love moore tituled or other nice doggy why he mas dead in Europa, when 80 % breeder make this who make, when he can make big work in other country?
Old 09-11-2010, 16:23   #19
CDaniela

For example Baron spod Ďumbiera, Enor Malý Bysterec ....

Daniela, I like your dog very much!!!! Congratulation for him!
Thank you. I love him, too

Old 09-11-2010, 19:16   #20
Nebulosa

Quote:
You had a litter from Myla Crying Wolf at the end of 2008 according to the database, since the start of 2008 everyone knew about the existence of Iran because some people criticized severely this dog because he was supposed to be P14, as have 64cm hight, if you knew he was so important to the breed, knowing that at that time he had about 10 years old and was still a very fertile male, why didn't you used him with Myla? It would be a great and important litter for the breed today.

In 2009 when I had come to pick up Mona Radov dvor together with Margo, we found Iran in horrible body condition, he was going to be euthanazied in the next day, because it was an old dog which no one wanted to use because he is ugly, small and non-titled.
You all that only now know about the importance of Iran should thanks Margo for he be still alive, thanks God we had at that time people who know about lines and knew the huge importance of the ugly Iran to the breeding, because in his 11 years living in europe only a small ammount of people cared for his importance, and used him even under the critic of some "breeders".
Why to brazil? Well, at this side of ocean we have some people who know the importance of certain lines, and if his line is important no one cares for his show titles or even his appearence, only the basic turns important what is health and tipicity.
We have about 13 dogs in Brazil, we plan mate Iran at least with Mona Radov dvor and Aiyra Taura Berá and freeze his semen for future use in 4 or 6 year, I only hope that "the old one" will be able to do it all.
But dont worrie, there are still some very interesting offsprings of Iran in europe, as I & H Radov dvor, or C Spod Dumbiera, also as K z Peronowki and L Girios Dvasia , you can perfectly find them and use.

Ah, who told you that Margo SOLD him to Brazil? He was adopted!

But out of breeding and lines, here he have something he never had, a family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanninadina
Paula is writing from "(poor) quality of the breed.... Not long ago everybody was claiming and confirming what healthy breed csw is?!
Because breeding is not ONLY health results, it's also body tipicity, behaviour and future sight for bloodlines selection, and is that what is missing, our talk about Iran only confirms it.
When we talk about breed selection, it's for nothing you breed a free HD, ED and DM dog with not tipical body, unable to move like a CzW should, then, unable to work using his endurance and agility, it's not select the breed.
We can meet several GSD's free of diseases, while he is not able to run over 20km without feel because his body constitution does not help, it's an exemple not far from what we can meet today with CzW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanninadina
It makes no sense to export an important dog like Iran to Brasil
Far away countries should receive only the garbage as it will be a "lost dog" for sure, it's the main thinking of some breeders, as it's far away you can destruct the quality of the dogs there, it's far, it's not your problem.
Quite unfair isn't it?
I'm happy that I've meet some people who does not think that simple, they think in the breed itself, and they will not consider the place where the person lives, but the fact that this person will select and work for the breed.
Distance today is not a problem, as I've bring my dogs from Europe, european people can bring back dogs from America.