Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Off topic

Off topic About everything and about nothing - way how to pleasantly spent your free time...

Old 30-06-2011, 09:17   #1
Silvester

Default Communism - what you think about it?

Originally posted by Mikael :
>>> http://www.ruffgsd.com/

Hey Mikael !
very interesting homepage you have found ! Nice to see - and I like this kind of Gsd too....
Originally posted by Vaiva:
"Everything is seen so well from USA, isn't it?
Well, there is one thing that is not money - it is decency A non "cash strapped country" like UK still breeds liver or blue colored GSD, while in these "poor" countries people have clubs that forbid breeding GSD with no IPO training No matter about the money."

Yeah Vaiva - that`s also my opinion ! Thanks God not everything depends ONLY on money...

And it´s also not very polite to tell whole Czechia as a "cash strapped country" -

How could one call the USA if you think a little critical about that case ?

May be the " headquarter of non- social predator capitalism ?? "

Best regards, Uli alias Silvester

Last edited by Silvester; 30-06-2011 at 09:21.
Silvester jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 13:39   #2
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

For the record....as an American

When I went to Poland and the Czech Rep. back in 2009, I 100% fell in love. With the people, the land, history, THE DOGS, food...everything. It was beautiful...exquisite. I had read (and heard warnings from other Europeans) about the condition of Polish roads...and found them to be in much better condition than the roads where I live (to be sure, I am waiting on my neighbor with a tractor to help fix the huge holes in my dirt road right now). I've traveled to Romania several times throughout the years too (my sister was adopted from there in 1991, and I also did work with NGO) - I found things to be the same there - awesome! Quite honestly, if I thought I had the tiniest chance of mastering the language to get a job, I think I would pack my bags and move to central Europe. Or at least visit a lot more. But I have many mouths to feed and no increase in my salary in 4 years. I can't afford it. I am cash strapped. My state and town are too cash strapped to pay me or fix my roads...at least I still have a job (teaching). And I promise to breed no mixes.

Whatever the case with DDR dogs, if they mixed or not, I honestly have no ideas or proof about it, it's really like comparing apples and oranges. Whatever happened back then, government breeding is done with working purpose, with a lot of sacrifice of dogs back in the early days, and with a high selection. You see many Mal/Dutch and Mal/Shepherd (and even lately have seen some Rottweiler/Mal crosses!) being trained here with the police depts. and military - I have a higher opinion for this kind of mixed breeding than "designer dog" breeding - and I'd hardly say it's because our military is cash strapped. They probably pay $20000+ for these dogs. Not the same as people who breed mixes to sell more puppies and make money, or to try to give an "edge" for their dogs in the show ring. It's a totally different spectrum in many ways.

Last edited by GalomyOak; 30-06-2011 at 16:11.
GalomyOak jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 14:56   #3
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalomyOak View Post
When I went to Poland and the Czech Rep. back in 2009, I 100% fell in love. With the people, the land, history, THE DOGS, food...everything. It was beautiful...exquisite.
It's very sweet what you write Marcy, thanks. Your visit to us, just like Paula's and Jing's, was like of a close relative

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 18:51   #4
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalomyOak View Post
For the record....as an American
My state and town are too cash strapped
Well, California is officially bankrupt ..

So, we are cash strapped too. The roads in Poland were much nicer, with better drivers, too. And the cities, at least Krakow, aren't a commercial wasteland like Los Angeles is. It actually has art, city planning, and history.. .. oh, and it's beautiful.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:52   #5
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvester View Post

Yes, Yuki- I agree to you ! Krakow - just like the inner old city of Warszawa also - was reconstructed and rebuilded after war in a really exemplarily way ... It´s simply beautiful, just like you tell !

(And I think I´m able to talk about that because I´m Dipl.-Ing. for architecture by profession.)

I only know one city in Germany which can be compared - this is Dresden.
Let me correct you Krakow wasn't destroyed during WWII - the buildings are old and original. They 'decayed' during the communism era, but now they have been refurbished, at least most of them. There are still some places - relicts of the old epoch, but gradually, also with the help of EU funds, they're regaining their original shapes, colours and beauty.

Collegium Maius is the same building where Copernicus studied, and when you visit St Mary's Church you see figures carved by Veit Stoss himself.

Last edited by Rona; 01-07-2011 at 09:54.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:11   #6
Silvester

Hi Rona !

I did not tell that Krakow was destroyed in WWII. I know it wasn´t.

I only said that it was reconstructed - you told refurbished - like Warszawa in a really exemplarily way. And that´s true.

Let´s agree all together that these both towns are among the most beautiful in whole europe, ok?

Best greetings to Poland !

Silvester
Old 01-07-2011, 13:25   #7
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Let´s agree all together that these both towns are among the most beautiful in whole europe, ok?
Let's agree there are lots of beautiful cities all round Europe + in the UK, naturally

Old 01-07-2011, 14:13   #8
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
Let's agree there are lots of beautiful cities all round Europe + in the UK, naturally
We should ask to change the name of the topic Krakow is amazingly beautiful, but my bigest love is anyway Prague (except of Vilnius, of course )

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:56   #9
Morian

Send a message via Skype™ to Morian

Quote:
Originally Posted by draggar View Post
they were under Soviet occupation so most of the money went to the Soviets
occupier is wondering - how can you know this? from tv?
Old 03-07-2011, 11:31   #10
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morian View Post
occupier is wondering - how can you know this? from tv?
Exactly! The funny trick of communist leaders was, that people in the Soviet Union belived they were sponsoring PL, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Romania, DDR, etc. and people in those countries were sure they were sponsoring the Soviet Union. In fact we were all sponsoing the "leading class" and the unhealthy economic system, non-voluntarily of course.

Besides, it's absolutely irrelevant to talk about categories of "rich" and "poor" in states where there was no real money. Somebody could be quite well-off in his own country, though the currency was irreversible.

Thus speaking of savings and economizing in case of communist instituons, especially military ones is a pure nonsense. Should they have any financial problems, more money would have been printed for them

Old 03-07-2011, 11:34   #11
Morian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
In fact we were all sponsoing the "leading class" and the unhealthy economic system, non-voluntarily of course.
i'm sure we all in all countries still do it
Old 03-07-2011, 11:52   #12
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
i'm sure we all in all countries still do it
Sure!
But at least the money is real now and I can travel free without having to ask my Government for permission every time I leave the country, even for a day or two I remember very well how irritating and troublesome that was.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:54   #13
Morian

but we still need visas (instead of the mentioned permissions)
Old 03-07-2011, 12:38   #14
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
but we still need visas (instead of the mentioned permissions)
Before there were permissions AND visas to most countries. Now, within the Schengen zone - none! I know young people take this right for granted, but for somebody of my generation - it's kind of a miracle.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:58   #15
Silvester

Originally posted by Rona:
"I know young people take this right for garanted, but for somebody of my generation - it's kind of a miracle. "

Yes Rona that´s very true what you tell - things have become much, much better in the last two decades. ( Just inside Schengen-zone, as already told.)
But still I need a visum if I want to travel for example to Russia - or to USA also...

Last edited by Silvester; 03-07-2011 at 13:01.
Old 03-07-2011, 13:15   #16
Morian

but we still need visas, you don't
i know only that our family never had such problems with travels and permisions. each epoch and each power has its own positive and negative aspects. an absolute evil (like absolute good of course) exists only in myths. that's why i wonder every time when i see too categorical opinions. they look too stulid i can say i lived in romania and spoke with many people from there. and many of them even miss past times (i don't mean new generations which saw soviet times only on tv). also my grandmother was estonian, but i never heard any bad thing about ussr from her, there were let's say normal discussions - we discuss the same problems now, nothing exceptional... i don't protect soviets etc., i just want to say that nobody knows what your children or grandchildren will tell about nowdays. maybe they will use all the same words like occupation, poverty and inequality
Old 03-07-2011, 13:18   #17
Morian

Quote:
But still I need a visum if I want to travel for example to Russia
and we need visas for eu normal
Old 03-07-2011, 14:44   #18
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
but we still need visas, you don't
Yes, I know and this should be changed asap.
Quote:
i know only that our family never had such problems with travels and permisions. each epoch and each power has its own positive and negative aspects.
You don't have to tell me this I know there were lots of positive aspects of living in those times - really free education, much less polluted envirnoment, less competitive and 'commercial' relations among people, etc. I was a student in the 70-ties and had fantatstic time hiking in the mountains almost for free; sight-seeing in Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, meeting many warm and hospitable people everywhere we went.

But on the other hand, as a child I was unable to visit my British grandma with both of my parents - one of them had to stay in the country to guarantee that the other will bring me back . Every citizen was suspected of potential law-breaking, we had to lie at school in history lessons, etc. etc. I don't miss that at all.

Old 03-07-2011, 14:49   #19
Morian

i didn't tell it personally for you, but for the people who curse "occupants" etc. i see same effects from eu and many people damn it too, and what?
Old 03-07-2011, 15:17   #20
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
i didn't tell it personally for you, but for the people who curse "occupants" etc. i see same effects from eu and many people damn it too, and what?
True I call it "MacGyver education model"