Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > _Administration

_Administration Questions connected with Wolfdog.org, database and other technical matters....

Old 26-01-2013, 17:41   #1
admin

Default New updates 2013 (also with the request for translation)

Partial database update. Statistics: 19958 wolfdogs, 9239 owners, 2149 breeders. http://www.wolfdog.org/site/dbase

The database continues to be updated and does not yet include all of the changes.

If there is something it is either because the users send wrong data or the breeders do not submit information about their litters. It is very easy to fix it by sending an email to [email protected]
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 17:41   #2
admin

I noticed that users have problems with uploading photos to the gallery. Please do not send them to me, because their addition will last for months (I do not have time for that). Please send them directly to the gallery:
http://www.wolfdog.org/site/gallery/addphoto

Please send me only profile pictures for the database.
Old 26-01-2013, 18:20   #3
admin

Information for breeders: Because I was informed that the work with the clubs was ineffective (ie there was no co-operation with the breed clubs) so I will not even try to make any. This means that I will deal directly with you, the breeders.

The service is free and at your disposal. Advertising fee for advertising your kennels and litters is information. And that there are no inaccuracies: when you register puppies at your kennel club please send me the litter cards (scaned, or information in the form of email) containing:
/ The date of birth of the puppies
/ Their parents
/ The names of the puppies and their sex
/ Registration numbers (if they are already known)
/ Identification numbers (chip / tattoo)

After selling the puppies, please send the registration numbers (if not previously submitted) and information about buyers / new owners. I do not demand personal data if you do not have permission to do so - in this case, please specify only the new owner's name and country.

The litters, which lack the above information (eg, lack of numbers of chips) are considered INCOMPLETE.

After half a year after the publication of the litter the data is verified. If there are any deficiencies the kennel name is erased from the list of breeders and litters may not be published. To abolish the blockade you must submit the missing data.

Exception: Breeders who consciously mix Czechoslovakian Wolfdog with other breeds and register those puppies as pure Wolfdogs (either by falsifying pedigrees (France, Finland), or by using of loopholes in the law (Italy)) are banned for life and can not benefit from this site .

One note: The litters of untested and ill dogs (HD worser than HD-C, and ED worser than BL) are NOT advertised. It apply also to the litters of mongrels or dogs from the 'at risk' group.
However, data about such litters can be sent to the database.
Old 26-01-2013, 18:30   #4
admin

Notice to owners: results of health and working tests, bonitation codes, information about obtained breeding rights are added ONLY on the basis of scans. Especially in the case the health results you must send legible scaned photocopy which cantains name of the dog, results and name of the vet / organization that performed the test.

Information published on the official websites of the organizations as offa.org or pages of the kennel clubs as enci.it are allowed on an equal footing with scans.
Old 26-01-2013, 18:55   #5
jmvdwiel

my dog has breeding rights in the netherlands and I did sent you all the results , and stil no answer about why he has no breeding rights on wolfdog. His DNA and B locus have been openly published also.. so tell me why....
or is the only reason you hate his breeder?
Old 26-01-2013, 19:24   #6
admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvdwiel View Post
my dog has breeding rights in the netherlands and I did sent you all the results , and stil no answer about why he has no breeding rights on wolfdog.
This will be checked.

Quote:
or is the only reason you hate his breeder?
It's not about hate. It is a fact that in the Crying Wolf kennel came to the crossings of Saarloos wolfdog male and Czechoslovakian Wolfdog females and at least litter "T" and "S" are mixes Saarloos x Wolfdog.
There are serious doubts as to the other dogs in the kennel.

At the moment, together with breeders I try to find the most painless solution, which, however, will prevented a spread of such mixes among the breed.
Old 26-01-2013, 19:32   #7
jmvdwiel

The saarloos was a red saarloos, and I already check his B locus (which results you already have) so he is not a direct descendent from a red saarloos.
Old 26-01-2013, 20:05   #8
admin

Quote:
The saarloos was a red saarloos, and I already check his B locus (which results you already have) so he is not a direct descendent from a red saarloos.
I've heard such an argument, but it is incorrect. BB locus test makes sense only in first generation. According to the Mendelian inheritance rule already in the second-generation descendants of Saarloos may have BB although they are "still" Saarloos mixes.
Old 26-01-2013, 20:06   #9
admin

Information next to the dog names

/ Neutral
(_!_) - means only that the dog has in the pedigree ancestor(s) from the kennels which are dealing with counterfeiting of pedigrees, or mixing CzW with other dog breed. Because such breeders are completely unreliable, untrustworthy are also pedigrees of puppies produced by them. Probably most of these dogs is pure wolfdogs, but doubts remain.

/ Group "at risk"
(_?_) - this means dogs which have evident mixes among the direct descendants, siblings, or in their lines. Often these lines are characterized by a large number of anomalies, but because of the lack of verification by the responsible kennel clubs till now it has not been established what is the source. It is known that among these dogs are mixes, but there is no information which of these dogs are "safe"; for sure pure. The case is complicated by the fact that there are probably some litters of different parents.
Sending DNA tests showing that dogs "at source" are actually pure wolfdogs will immediately erase (_?_)

/ Group of "not for breeding dogs" - mixes of huskies, American hybrids, Saarloos, GSD, and "multibreed" dogs of unknown origin. Group including also dogs without documented origin - with so-called "empty" pedigrees, which by definition of Slovakian Club (the owner of this breed) are not recognized as Czechoslovakian wolfdogs.

(!_MIX_!) - Information next to the litter from Finish Wolfsirius kennel where falsification of the pedigrees took place (registered parents are not the real parents of the litter). It apply the same for all the descendants of these dogs.
This group includes also so called "French Wolfdogs" produced by the la Louve Blanche kennes. With (!_MIX_!) are marked dogs where there is no doubt that these dogs are NOT pure.

(!_Saarloos_MIX_!) - Information next to the dogs from de Louba tar kennel, where ancestors come from the Saarloos x Czechoslovakian wolfdog crossings and similar crosses from the Hungarian Crying Wolf kennel. It apply the same for all the descendants of these dogs.

(!_Saarloos Mutara_!) - Information next to the dogs from Italian Passo del Lupo and Forest Incantata kennels that have registered so called Mutaras. Multibreed mutts with 0% content of Czechoslovakian Wolfdog blood. It apply the same for all the descendants of these dogs.

(!_REG_!) - dogs with "empty" pedigrees - registered in so called registries

(?_NON-FCI_?) - dogs without pedigrees and dogs of unknown origin, which are likely to be mutts

(!_NON-FCI_!) - dogs without pedigrees and dogs of unknown origin
Important: In this group, there are also pure, FCI registered dogs with missing data on their ancestors. Please send me the details of parents of such a dog (or better update data in the database) and the words (! _NON-FCI_!) will be erased.
Old 26-01-2013, 20:26   #10
jmvdwiel

I also said the same thing.. i can say he is not a direct descendent from the red saarloos (first line) but for a cross he has a lot of homozygote pairs at his dna profile (8 from the 16 places), i've seen more dna profiles from csw... are they all crosses???
By using that argument you cannot trust any bigger breeder or stud dog owner with more than one csw, who has a chipreader in his/her pocket when a female is mated by a male?

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I've heard such an argument, but it is incorrect. BB locus test makes sense only in first generation. According to the Mendelian inheritance rule already in the second-generation descendants of Saarloos may have BB although they are "still" Saarloos mixes.
Old 26-01-2013, 21:22   #11
admin

I would like to say that in the case of your dog the BB test makes sense, because he is too young to be 2nd generation cross from this kennel. And this test has prooven that he is not 1st generation cross.

Unfortunately these tests currently have no more use to us, because in the Crying Wolf kennel there are pups which are likely 3rd and 4th generation of the Saarloos mixes.

Quote:
By using that argument you cannot trust any bigger breeder or stud dog owner with more than one csw, who has a chipreader in his/her pocket when a female is mated by a male?
Of course not. But I also did not say that the list will not be expanded.

The characteristics of this breed makes possible scam, and particularly mixing with other breed, easily detectable. From what I know in the Czech Republic was detected even the case that the breeder used a different wolfdog than declared on the pedigree. If it was not a problem to detect using another dog of the same breed, you do not need to fear that more scams with mixing with other breeds go unnoticed. And the database is proof of this.
Old 27-01-2013, 16:21   #12
hekate

Can I know why my dog "Godric de terres d'Eriador" is not more has I???
hekate jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:32   #13
admin

To improve the reliability of Wolfdog.org the data in the database has been divided into "verified" and "unverified" (it will be visible soon).

The verification is done basing on the official records of kennel clubs. But also on photocopies of the official litter cards which the breeders send to their kennel clubs.

Also the dog owner can "verify" data of his dog by sending us a copy of the pedigree.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:40   #14
admin

At the end of this week will be another update containing the rest of the data I received. If there will not be any changes in the database this will mean that I did not get the data and the owner / breeder have to send them again.

Additionally I do not add to the base the heights of dogs basing on the home-based measurements. The size is added exclusively based on official data from bonitations.
Also the health test results are not added if they are not accompanied by copies.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:28   #15
hekate

If you change data of dogs only on copy of papers, why have you changed owner my dog Godric without any proof?
Its papers are at my name and tidied up in my drawer thus nobody was not able to send them to you with an owner's bad name.
hekate jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 13:47   #16
admin

Finally happend what you've been waiting for. The database has been updated.
http://www.wolfdog.org/dbase

ALL the information sent by the owners and breeders was included. This means that if something is missing it won't be there anymore. Missing data must be sent again.

You can still see there a lot of errors - especially the confusion with the mixes will be fixed soon.
Old 08-11-2013, 13:51   #17
admin

Thanks to the database update there is a new list of stud dogs.
http://www.wolfdog.org/dbase/studs

REMEMBER: I do not update any health results basing on your emails only. You have to send the COPY of the results.
No official copy of the x-rays = no dog on the stud dog list
Old 10-11-2013, 00:53   #18
Wonderfull Wolf ES

the updates are not complete or nothing change on db (polish dogs). Its really sad. I offered my help with updates, but ... as always, life is life...
Wonderfull Wolf ES jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 15:36   #19
admin

All information about polish wolfdogs were included in the new update. All sent information are there.
Old 10-11-2013, 20:06   #20
Gia
K-Lee Family

Send a message via Skype™ to Gia Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Gia

Not all is there... how many times should I send the copy of Interchampion and Champion Titles of other countries of my female K-LEE VORNJA z Peronówki? There is also a mistake in the name of her son from "T" Litter - there is Tranquila Brisa de Verano and should be: Tranquilo Brisa de Verano. Tranquila are girls and Tranquilo are males.

Gia, K-lee Vornja z Peronówki & Gran Rosa Amiga Atropa Bella Donna...
Gia jest offline   Reply With Quote