Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous All about Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs...

Old 21-03-2014, 00:53   #1
Koos

Default Gheisha van Goverwelle

Tonight our Gheisha is gone over the rainbowbridge.
She was affected with DM and it was no longer an option to live her further on.
Rest in peace my little girl, we never forget you.
Koos jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 09:50   #2
leila
http://www.tobrok.sk

we are sad with you.
About the DM - was she Dm/DM and was confirmed she died on this illenes? I have talked to my vet, about this, and he sayed, that many people think, the dogs died on DM, but was not prooven by any test. Sorry about talking about this, I can understand, that its hard, but im realy interested in this, since many people are so affraid about the illenes, test, but realy only few Dm/DM dogs died on this - prooven by a test.
Old 21-03-2014, 15:27   #3
Koos

Hello Leila,

Yes, she was tested and the result war DM/DM, and it has taken about 2 years to make our discission to sleep her in. Till about 1 - 2 month ago she was able to walk rather good but the last 2 weeks she slept with her baglegs over the ground most of the time of we helpt her with walking. There were no signals for other illnesses. I can imagine that a lot of people are afraid of the results but it is better to know about it and take the responsibility not to use such a dog in reproduction only with a partner which is 100% negative in the result of the test. When puppies will be born from such a mating they are carrier and not affective for 100%. When you make than a mating with a 100% free partner, the problem will go down and no dog will be get this illness. Also dogs with the result of carrier have no problem in future. But it is not easy to see that a healthy dog has such a problems and it can also give problems at the age of 2 - 3 years. Now she was 10,5 years old and she had a rather good life but it is also hard to sleep her in. I advice you to make tests from your dogs to be sure and ask the owners of the future partners of you dogs to so also, so you cannot have this problems for you and the dogs.
I think it is good to talk or write about this and not to close your eyes for this problem and I will help you of course to answer your questions
Old 22-03-2014, 10:24   #4
leila
http://www.tobrok.sk

hi, thank you for your response. i have all my dogs tested, also father of my litter is, and pupps will be sold with test already done i was just wandering and wanted to know bit more about this, since i dont know any DM/DM dogs here and so noone can tell me bit more how it is in reality. i know, that also a dm/dm dog must not be ill and can live a long time without problems...
again, sorry for your lost.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:44   #5
Koos

Thank you Leila for your support. It is hard but it is also life but we miss them of course very badly, espescially in the little normal things.
But take a look at the site from Mijke about DM and Dwarfisme. It is healthy-wolfdog or wolfdog-healthy or something. There is a good prescription about these illnesses. You can find it on internet and then you can see how it look like.
Tell other people about it, sothat they know about.
And another time, thank you for your support and please if you want to know about something, ask me. I will be there for you