Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous All about Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs...

Old 14-12-2012, 01:56   #161
Ligerwolve2

Here is another from you - I would hope that in the case of the Czechoslovakian Wolfdog, that owners would be required to have some kind of permit. Many people buy them for their looks, and although they have done research, they don't realise how much of a challenge the dog is untill they buy one.

I recently got a Wildlife Permit, as I intend to own a dingo in the future, it's a free permit. Just I had to build a large enclosure and demonstrate that I know a lot about dingoes in order to recieve it.

I don't think they will put a permit when it comes to owning dogs like the Czechoslovakian Wolfdog in Australia, as they're a domestic dog unlike the dingo. But it really would help, as they're not like a normal dog.

But the first step is actually getting the Czechoslovakian Wolfdog recognised here....

Thats an interesting read dont you think. So your dogs are so easy but here you talk about how people should have to have a permit?

The last line made me laugh. Or should I say LOL.
Ligerwolve2 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 02:01   #162
Ligerwolve2

Here is another quote by you which says you dont understand breeding very well - These pups have a pedigree, which shows they are pure.

Its not like a breeder has it on their computer and edits it themself or anything...
Old 14-12-2012, 02:02   #163
Angelika

bla bla bla bla bla

Very fine, but I´m really sorry, Ligerwolve2 and Wolves.

I think, everyone else here is really bored.

Cheers and bye
Angelika
Angelika jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 02:10   #164
Ligerwolve2

You also said earlier your dogs had been looked at already so were fine, yet an experienced person would know to wait to they are mature enough to test.

Amber eyes are rare in GSDs? Yeah again I think you have had little to do with them.

You think a dog teething in dangerous? Now that made me laugh. She was 5 months and had a chance to chew something up SCARY!!!

So its ok for you to say you did xyz but give no name, you wont say if YOUR dogs parents were health tested (which most people would be happy to say that so its very fishy you wont). However you want me to share every single detail of ONE of my dogs.

AND YOU are in no better boat to judge my dog. Since you know nothing about her - which you have said yourself.

Your now bringing up points about my dog Ive already covered - go back and read if your interested.
Old 14-12-2012, 02:12   #165
Ligerwolve2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelika View Post
bla bla bla bla bla

Very fine, but I´m really sorry, Ligerwolve2 and Wolves.

I think, everyone else here is really bored.

Cheers and bye
Angelika
Yeah you are right Angelika - and so am I! I dont think there will ever be any clear answers coming. So Im going to go sit on my hands
Old 14-12-2012, 02:36   #166
Wolves

"I'm going to stop replying. I don't see the point of it"...obviously you're not confident enough to stand by your word.

Firstly you're showing your ignorance again. The grandsire is Aragon Spirit of the Wolf, and is most definitelely registered. Even now you clearly haven't seen the pedigree. Stop making statements without checking first.

From doing research into the breed, I had the impression czws would be a challenging breed to own, but now I own them, my first hand expirience tells me differently. Although I am an expirienced dog owner. Also I was saying they would need to be recognised here before you could consider anything such as permits. Please improve your comprehension skills before trying to pick me out on points like that.

You say your dog ate a TV! I'm not saying your dog is dangerous, I'm saying you're a dangerous owner. No responsible owner would allow their dog to eat electronic equipment. She could of choked on something, or worse been electrocuted.

I know what a Czechoslovakian Shepherd is. So I know you're a liar. You still haven't mentioned why the breeder didn't attempt to have them recognised here by the way..

My dogs regularly go to the vets. For their age they're very healthy.

You haven't answered one thing about your dog. You haven't even shown pictures.

Yes I do understand breeding. Maybe you don't understand English. The pedigree shows they're pure, you cannot argue with that. Now unless you have evidence that the pedigree is fraudulent, then they're pure. Where's your evidence, because right now...what you're doing looks a lot like defamation.
Old 14-12-2012, 02:39   #167
Wolves

You need to apologise for the multiple false claims you've made.
Old 14-12-2012, 03:16   #168
Angelika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligerwolve2 View Post
So Im going to go sit on my hands
Loooooooooooooooooool I´won´t .

Please, wolves, SHOW us your FCI papers.

Cheers
Angelika
Angelika jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 03:42   #169
Wolves

I never claimed to have FCI papers.

I don't make false claims, unlike some people here. Why don't you ask ligerwolve to show FCI papers?

Last edited by Wolves; 14-12-2012 at 04:09.
Old 20-01-2013, 07:32   #170
enomis52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sona_Bognarova View Post
Good morning, yes, of course it is MY perception, whose else? I am presenting my point of view, as everyone else here. And this view IS based on my experience in Australia and what I can read here. And I used "Australia is not ready" as a figure of speech based on what I can see everyday, what people expect from dogs here and also on that immediate interest in the pups, no matter the origin. I think it is pretty clear that I did not talk in absolute terms. As Ina mentioned, it could have happened that the dogs were imported with the best intention and not knowing the background but after getting the information about the origin being unclear - why breeding? The fact that the pups look like CSW does not mean much. I really don't desire to start quarrels here. I would rather help those who dedicate all the efforts, time and funds to import pure CSWs in Australia and do their best to establish a good breeding base. At present I can't do it myself and I am getting a bit scared to see people shortcutting already (the dogs are here already, ok, questionable origin but there is not proof - let's breed, it's soo easy!). The dog breeders community and environment here in Australia in general looks to me very different to the one in Europe. It is more enclosed, not very welcoming for new people, let alone just fans and viewers, this atmosphere and the distances make new owners more separated. In general, people accept mixes of all kind much easier. And don't get me wrong here, there is nothing wrong with having a cross, any kind, might be the best companion ever. But for introducing a new breed, a good breeding base with reliable origin/background is essential. Establishing a well working community of CSW owners, developing into a breeders club sooner or later is another very important step - a club is not only a bunch of people meeting once in a while to have fun together (although that is one of very positive sides of a club life...), it is first of all the source of help and information, leadership and up the certain level also a warranty that the breed will be presented to public in the best ways - through the breeding selection, education of the new owners, publicity etc. Clubs will deal with and promote the pure individuals only. So what will happen with those where the origin is questionable? What else would they possibly cross with? Experimenting? Good, why not, but if anything goes wrong, it can result in lots of bans of the whole breed/s. CSW are not easy, we all know it (and love them for it!) and the pressure and restrictions are getting worse. Is that what we want to risk? Getting CSW banned before it could get known and popular here? Once again, there is plenty of reliable information about the breed and breeders in Europe and I believe also many breeders who wouldn't hesitate to help Australians who would like to start with CSW the right way. Although it is also competitive field, there are breeders that would even advise you to buy from different breeder, should they see it more suitable for establishing a new breeding base. I strongly recommend to everyone in Australia who is serious about having a CSW to get as much information upfront as possible, be patient and make a wise choice. A good breeder will give you pros as well as cons of the breed, it is good to know what you are going to deal with...:-) Good luck

Sorry, Sona. My post was not meant to sound like an attack and I certainly was not looking for a quarrel (whatever came afterwards.......). I just wanted to point out that I'm sure that there are SOME people here who can be fantastic responsible breeders. I guess the internet can make things sound out of the contecxt they were meant in.

You make some excellent points that I did not think of. I in no way condone the representing of the breed with dogs that have murky lineage, however lovely that animal is. And we certainly do not want to frighten people with this scary new "hybrid" (I can see that occuring if not enough care is taken).

I truly respect your opinion and experience. Most of us here are babys when it come to CzW's so all thoughts, opinions and experience simply must be considered.

Last edited by enomis52; 20-01-2013 at 07:35.
enomis52 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 13:53   #171
Ligerwolve2

An he has yet another litter looking for homes. However he says now both parents have papers? Don't suppose anyone can clear that up? Would be great news if he now had hold of proper papers at least.

Although I have heard he still hasn't bothered to health test his dogs.

Last edited by Ligerwolve2; 23-08-2014 at 13:56.
Old 18-12-2014, 00:41   #172
QLDphil

Default CZW Wanted

Hi there, This is my first time here. I am looking to get two Czech Wolfdogs here in Australia. Can anyone help?
QLDphil jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 15:52   #173
Ligerwolve2

Hi there QLDphil. I would suggest you do a bit of stalking on here and find a reputable breeder to import from. Quarantine starts at only 10 days now which is so much better for importing but its still a costly affair. Have you ever imported before?
Old 19-12-2014, 00:10   #174
QLDphil

Default Woolfdog Australia

Hi there,

No I haven't imported a dog before, I heard it was horrifically expensive. Do you have any breeders you recommend? Also do you know what the likely cost is? I had heard that you can't get them till they are over 9 mths old?
Old 07-01-2015, 15:40   #175
Ligerwolve2

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLDphil View Post
Hi there,

No I haven't imported a dog before, I heard it was horrifically expensive. Do you have any breeders you recommend? Also do you know what the likely cost is? I had heard that you can't get them till they are over 9 mths old?

I would suggest you do some stalking on here to find a breeder you click with. Just be extremely careful. Lots of shady people ready to take advantage of you.

Its been a while since I did the sums. They have shortened quarantine times but increased the daily amount. Last I looked into it you would expect to pay between $10 - 14,000. It could be cheaper now.

If memory serves me its around 6 months of age before they can leave. they need shots and blood tests etc. Then flights etc. plus the minimum 10 days quarantine.

So as you can see you would want to be really sure you are getting the best.

Sorry I cant be more helpful. If I remember I will pop up some links for you when I'm next online for quarantine information.
Old 07-01-2015, 17:15   #176
Ligerwolve2

Found some info for you. http://www.agriculture.gov.au/biosec...ne-faciltities
Old 08-01-2015, 09:44   #177
QLDphil

Default Thank you

Thank you for all the information, very helpful.
Old 08-01-2015, 13:20   #178
Ligerwolve2

No worries Always happy to help. Plus it was hard to find a starting point years ago when I was trying to find information.