Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Off topic

Off topic About everything and about nothing - way how to pleasantly spent your free time...

Old 22-11-2008, 01:37   #1
Per Olav

Send a message via MSN to Per Olav
Default JFF (Just for fun :)

Met an elderly gentleman on the street some time ago who stopped and uttered: What a beautiful animal, pure wolf I presume? A czeschoslovakian wolfdog I said. Yes I can see that, the gentleman replied, and where is your dog?
--
PO
Per Olav jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 02:15   #2
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Last summer I was walking with Jezebeth, she already had lost her coat, so, two old womans waking at street see jezebeth and start to comment to each other:
1ª- Look what a ugly mutt!
2ª- Surelly she had adopt this in the shelter
1ª- Adopt and adult with this size?
2ª- Ah, this wouldn't be problem this dog is so weak, isn't dangerous!
1ª- Well.. what would be of blue if everyone likes red, ha?!
2ª- surelly she adopt because nobody will adopt such ugly dog, it's like black cats, nobody wants.

I knows she is ugly without coat, but I not tought that it was soo much
Old 22-11-2008, 16:41   #3
Rona
Distinguished Member

A props the topic on cross-breeding:

We meet a very old, but friendly looking man

-Oh, what a nice puppy. How strange coat it has… just like husky. Is this a husky?
-No, it’s not a husky.
-Yea.. too much resembles a fox… It looks like a mix of husky and fox… A mix, but such a nice mix…
-This is a Czechoslovakian wolfdog.
-WHAT? Don’t be funny dear, there is no Czechoslovakia any more and there is no such breed.… You see I know everything about breeds since I used to be a judge at dog shows…

-Mr. Judge, I don’t care if you believe CSV breed exists or not, but I’m surprised you confused my dog with a husky. A husky keeps its tail up…
-All young dogs look similar my dear, that’s why they don’t participate in dog shows…
-What do you mean? But of course they do: there is a ‘puppy class’ and sometimes even a ‘baby class’!
-Who told you such nonsense?
-Nobody. I saw it myself at dog shows…
-What absurd you are telling me. A dog can be assessed only when it is over one year old, when everybody can see if it’s purebred or if some mongrel or fox managed to get to the bitch…

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 18:11   #4
FreierFranke

Hello,

for few years I meet a woman with an shear dog. She ask me what for breed I have- I tell: It is an Czechoslovakian wolfdog.
She means: Oh, what is it?
The breed is generated for many years. It is mix between Wolf and German Shephard. But by the way, what for breed you have?

She means it is an Norway Elkdog,....
I sayed: Oh,.... damned.......and I must smile....

She say nothing more and go away...

Greetings

Markus
Old 22-11-2008, 22:27   #5
jmvdwiel

this makes me smile thank you Markus

When my dog was a puppy about 12 weeks I had to work at the vet clinic. When a Cat owner came in to get his cat back. He looked at my dog and said... oh what a nice old dog you have Because he is a little grey doesn't make him old already

One day we walked in the woods when there came a young lady running towards my dog screeming.. oh greet how nice to see a husky Can I pet him I am going to have a husky puppy myself in a copple of weeks, I said to her , I don't know is he want's to be petted by a stranger and by the way he is not a husky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreierFranke View Post
Hello,

She means it is an Norway Elkdog,....
I sayed: Oh,.... damned.......and I must smile....

She say nothing more and go away...

Greetings

Markus
jmvdwiel jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 23:23   #6
Juniorwolf

I have been stopped on the streets by 4 or 5 times by different people asking me if my dogs are white German shepherds or Samoyed or mixes of thise breeds ?

Every time I tell them : No ! it is a Czechoslovakian wolfdog.
Then they usually say : yes maybe it have wolf in them, but I can see they have some Samoyed or White German shepherd in them too.
Then I kindly explain : Czechoslovakian wolfdogs is a pure breed just like Puddel or Rotweiler, it is no mix or hybrid.
Then people say : I can see for sure that it is not a pure wolf and you can see on the white mask that they must have some white German shepherd or samoyed in them.

....at that point I usually just walk away

The children in the kindergarden near by where I live, is always shouting out loud : here comes the wolfman and runs to the fence to pet them
When the children is picked up by their parrents, the children tell thier parrents(when I am walking by) that I have 2 wolves and usually the parrents say : no ! we don`t have wolves in Denmark, maybe it is husky ?
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 19:18   #7
Gaga
VIP Member

Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Gaga

A man stopped Roman walking Chey in the middle of the city and asked if Cheitan was a wild wolf.
Roman replied this wasn’t.
The guy said “ I know this is a wolf and understand the reason why you refuse to admit that, but don’t worry, I won’t report you to the authorities. If you want I can even provide you with fake documents stating that this is a dog. So that you won’t have to worry that somebody might recognise the wolf."

Hodowca psów to nie funkcja, to nie zawód i nie nazwa hobby - to tytuł i godność. Trzeba na nią zasłużyć i dobrze piastować.
チェイタン。
Gaga jest offline   Reply With Quote