Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 10-12-2010, 16:16   #21
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschia View Post

So all in all, I understand that the pro-breeders ask so much money, I just don't understand that people pay that kind of money, when there are cheaper litters from good quality parents available (even if you'd travel across Europe to get the pup yourself).
http://zvierata.bazos.sk/?hledat=Ces...alita=&iddel=1

why if for this puppy quest people from others country ( not from SK or CZ) automaticly price be 1000 euro? not why this same ( yes yes export pedigree pet pasport and chip we can pay too)

p.s. for this later are cheaper buyt others puppy from this super ch when people have this dogs in theys countrys or near home

Last edited by wolfin; 10-12-2010 at 16:19.
wolfin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 16:20   #22
Morian

Send a message via Skype™ to Morian

wolfin, how much does export pedigree cost in europe?
Old 10-12-2010, 16:22   #23
wolfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morian View Post
wolfin, how much does export pedigree cost in europe?
hmm I can say LT price- about 50 euro. pet pasport and chip in LT -30 euro.
Old 10-12-2010, 16:24   #24
Morian

o! chip is even cheaper than at us...
by the way, strange logic - people which can come and buy pup from any neighbour town pay 400 and people which have to go very far, make visas etc pay 1000 but ok, i have nothing againist 1000 eur, only if i'm sure in the litter's quality

Last edited by Morian; 10-12-2010 at 16:27.
Morian jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 16:26   #25
wolfin

Quote:
o! chip is even cheaper than at us...
in Poland if I good member price are 10.... euro
Old 10-12-2010, 16:26   #26
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Quote:
and also i don't understand why do some breeders have the same quality, tests etc, and even better sometimes, but don't want 1000 eur and more for their pups
Because small breeders cannot afford to keep the pups if not sold - so they sell cheaper rather than not at all. Some people say I should even plan the litter if I don't have buyers up front, but that wouldn't work for me - I want to know at least if and when exactly we are expecting before I promise anything...
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 16:31   #27
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
yea, "interesting blood" and "working line" and "champion parents" are all a good jokes...
Are you sure they are jokes? . Recent text from one of the private sites:
Quote:
Pups of fantastic characters, suitable for defence and sweet teddies at home, eager to work, looking with devotion at their owners, if well brought up – great companions of the whole family, including kids. The dogs will be willing to work and will be successful at work competitions and at dog shows.
Most breeders are critical, because they are jelous of not being able to breed equally perfect and versatile pups!

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 16:31   #28
saschia

Daiva - because the value is 1000 euro, but Slovak buyers won't buy for that money. You can say that the expenses for my two litters were around 10 000 Euro, but I only got 1000 Euro for the whole previous litter (3 pups, domestic buyers). I don;t ask foreigners to pay 1000 automatically - I try to adjust the prices to the normal prices in that country, and am always open to the discussion with prospective buyers, but don't ask me to charge only 500 euro from people who will later sell their pups for 3500 each... I have very similar expenses but much smaller incomes.
Old 10-12-2010, 16:33   #29
Morian

oh, rona, surely you speak russian because i saw +/- the same at us
Old 10-12-2010, 16:34   #30
saschia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
Are you sure they are jokes? . Recent text from one of the private sites (my translation):
Most breeders are critical, because they are jelous of not being able to breed equally perfect and versatile pups!
Yes, I am jealous. Although I have great character and exterior bitch and great character and exterior mate, I am not able to guarantee this.
Old 10-12-2010, 16:38   #31
Morian

from the other point of view why should you sell pups for 500 eur to any person which tries to negiciate your price... sometimes ability to pay 1000 eur can be guarantee that the person have enough money to provide normal life for this pup because as i see csv is not so cheap breed (i don't mean puppie price)
Old 10-12-2010, 16:43   #32
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
oh, rona, surely you speak russian because i saw +/- the same at us
Unfortunately my Russian is not good enough to read/talk about breeding . But this is sad news - there must be more "ambitious breeders"...

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 16:44   #33
wolfin

Quote:
Daiva - because the value is 1000 euro, but Slovak buyers won't buy for that money. You can say that the expenses for my two litters were around 10 000 Euro, but I only got 1000 Euro for the whole previous litter (3 pups, domestic buyers). I don;t ask foreigners to pay 1000 automatically - I try to adjust the prices to the normal prices in that country, and am always open to the discussion with prospective buyers, but don't ask me to charge only 500 euro from people who will later sell their pups for 3500 each... I have very similar expenses but much smaller incomes.
but I quest- WHY one price are in SK and others to people from others country? Ok we too not are rich country but mas pay this same 1000 euro if want to bring good male or female from SK ( or hi hi hi like say one breeder ( who have reklama in this sk. web site too) - "You buy not a dog, you buy SLOVAK paper pedigree and for this mas pay")
Old 10-12-2010, 16:56   #34
saschia

I cannot speak for others - but as I said, what I say if asked by foreigners, is 1000 euro with possible discounts. Which means it can go down. From Slovaks, I say 400 if you sign contract, otherwise more (and they cannot resell the pup, too). If I said 1000 with discounts, they would just put down the phone and never contact me again...

But, Daiva, I think you know what can be ment by Slovak papers... Slovakia and Czech rep have the most strong limitations on breeding. Plus here are the most knowledgeable judges, so results from Nitra show are much more valid than from Vienna, Paris, Rome etc shows - or should be.

Morian - yes, but Slovaks who can afford 1000 euro for a puppy will not want a CSW, they'll want something more fashionable. They want a thing not a dog mostly, or not a dog in a sense like I understand it. Maybe some do, but there are only a few of them (and some go and buy pups abroad, for some strange reasons).
Old 10-12-2010, 17:01   #35
wolfin

Quote:
I cannot speak for others - but as I said, what I say if asked by foreigners, is 1000 euro with possible discounts. Which means it can go down. From Slovaks, I say 400 if you sign contract, otherwise more (and they cannot resell the pup, too). If I said 1000 with discounts, they would just put down the phone and never contact me again...

But, Daiva, I think you know what can be ment by Slovak papers... Slovakia and Czech rep have the most strong limitations on breeding. Plus here are the most knowledgeable judges, so results from Nitra show are much more valid than from Vienna, Paris, Rome etc shows - or should be.
You think but and in others country are tested dogs with slovak or czech bonitation, healty testing ( moore not only HD) and with judgement this same judge and moore - in this case you say this same like this breeder- You mas pay from only slovak paper pedigree )) but not for moore.
( not be bad for this worts but this are reality)
Old 10-12-2010, 17:04   #36
Morian

Quote:
Morian - yes, but Slovaks who can afford 1000 euro for a puppy will not want a CSW, they'll want something more fashionable. They want a thing not a dog mostly, or not a dog in a sense like I understand it. Maybe some do, but there are only a few of them (and some go and buy pups abroad, for some strange reasons).
then i stop to understand why some sk breeders don't want to sell pups to russia for example (last year i got 2 such answers - "all the pups will be sold to slovakians only", well, in the end one was sold to russia and here it disappeared and even its breeder didn't know wtf because as i heard the pup was sold via another person)... it's possible to find normal people even here + we need good pups after 2 non fci litters and more 2 litters from parents without even hd (+ very easily you can see list of russian wilfdogs, sometimes it's very tragic ).
Old 10-12-2010, 17:10   #37
saschia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfin View Post
You think but and in others country are tested dogs with slovak or czech bonitation, healty testing ( moore not only HD) and with judgement this same judge and moore - in this case you say this same like this breeder- You mas pay from only slovak paper pedigree ))
I agree, if you have all the requirements, than the value of the pups is similar to pups from slovak breeding. But where can you get puppies (FCI pedigree to be exact) cheaper for their value than in Slovakia or Czech republic? If the breeder doesn't want to give discount to you, then ask other breeder. You want that individual pup? Than there sure is some value in it for you, so why do you complain?
Old 10-12-2010, 17:17   #38
saschia

Morian, I don't want to advertise too much, but if you know about somebody who wants good pups for good price and offers good home and even some perspective, then you know who to contact...

I could understand the approach you mentioned if the litter was small and of really interesting blood (or some breeding committee plan for breed development). I could also understand if the breeder doesn't have good experience with the country (like will I sell there if there is a high risk of puppies being used for non-FCI-friendly or even mix breeding? is the contract enough to provide me with leverage to prevent that king of development?)
Old 10-12-2010, 17:20   #39
wolfin

Quote:
I agree, if you have all the requirements, than the value of the pups is similar to pups from slovak breeding. But where can you get puppies (FCI pedigree to be exact) cheaper for their value than in Slovakia or Czech republic? If the breeder doesn't want to give discount to you, then ask other breeder. You want that individual pup? Than there sure is some value in it for you, so why do you complain?
for me not big problem- i have friends breeders in SK and I have good variants, but now speake about others people, who not know slovak breeders good - and later have very big eyes when see this price diferent 2 x time moore like sale in SK for slovak. ( all hystory about slovak paper pedigree is real I can say and breeder name if want, but in PM)
Old 10-12-2010, 17:31   #40
Morian

Quote:
Morian, I don't want to advertise too much, but if you know about somebody who wants good pups for good price and offers good home and even some perspective, then you know who to contact...

I could understand the approach you mentioned if the litter was small and of really interesting blood (or some breeding committee plan for breed development). I could also understand if the breeder doesn't have good experience with the country (like will I sell there if there is a high risk of puppies being used for non-FCI-friendly or even mix breeding? is the contract enough to provide me with leverage to prevent that king of development?)
if somebody asks - i will give them you coordinates, thanks

it's very stupid that one pup from the litter i mentioned finally WAS SOLD to russia, but via other persons and in the end this pup DISAPPEARED! if it all is still right, info for database was sent by its owner, but later this person answered that she doesn't know about any csv pup and she has none etc. but also she filled her profile by her own hand i think and admin got her info from her... very stupid situation. and what forced this breeder to refuse to me, but to sell this pup to that person... unundarstandble. i will not publish more concrete info, but it really happened.