Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous All about Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs...

Old 16-10-2010, 09:30   #1
mickwright

Thumbs up CzW mixes in Australia

hi,

i have three wolfdogs, two i imported last year and 1 puppy born july 2010
mickwright jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 09:33   #2
mickwright

Hi Kane,

i imported two last year and now also have 1 puppy born july 2010, check out our web site www. wolfdogdownunder.com

cheers Mick.
Old 17-10-2010, 15:50   #3
Ligerwolve2

Default CzWs in Australia

Hi yes another Australian thread LOL.

Anyway I found a site tonight for Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs here. Now Im just wondering if this is people taking the demand for CzW in Oz and ripping people off or is there genuinely some animals here already?

any body know?

I was a bit suprised to see it LOL.

Any information would be wonderful.
Ligerwolve2 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 18:42   #4
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

There are CsW in Australia, but they are not many.

Any link to there sight ?

Or if you have the name of the dogs or breeder you can take a look here
>>> http://www.wolfdog.org/eng/dbase/

Best regards / Mikael
Old 18-10-2010, 07:48   #5
Ligerwolve2

Thank you so much

Amazing! Ive been preoccupied being a mum last 3 yrs and look what happens LOL.

Im off to check it all out - very excited I hope I will be able to meet another wolfdog!

Absolutely the best dogs

Ok I will stop rambling with excitement LOL.

Thank again!
Old 18-10-2010, 11:08   #6
Ligerwolve2

Ummmm so can I come visit your doggies tomorrow then LOL. Oh actually I think I just posted something on a Blog of yours LOL. Woops

So my dream of one day owning another wolfdog is coming so much closer!
Old 18-10-2010, 19:06   #7
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickwright View Post
Hi Kane,

i imported two last year and now also have 1 puppy born july 2010, check out our web site www. wolfdogdownunder.com

cheers Mick.
Do you have 3 CWs or 1 CW and 2 mixes? Because I could not find any information on Mancu von Raven's Spirit, though all the dogs listed from that kennel have been designated as "Mixes".
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 07:08   #8
mickwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligerwolve2 View Post
Ummmm so can I come visit your doggies tomorrow then LOL. Oh actually I think I just posted something on a Blog of yours LOL. Woops

So my dream of one day owning another wolfdog is coming so much closer!
Hi Ligerwolve2,

where are you located........
our website is wolfdogdownunder.com
all photos on the site are of the male and female i have

and they are now the proud parents of a beautiful little girl
Old 19-10-2010, 07:26   #9
Ligerwolve2

Im just down in Canberra. I have oogled your dogs several dozen times already LOL. They are so beautiful!

I cant get over the fact they are finally here!

Can I ask how you handle the public here? Am I able to share your website with some friends or would you rather keep it quiet? Just that the person I got my wolfdog off years ago asked me not to speak about it too much.
Old 19-10-2010, 10:51   #10
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

Quote:
Hi Ligerwolve2,

I think people want know this dogs pedigree name when we now not know who dogs and who bloods line are in AU
and in AU not have problem with puppy pedigree when his born? Have all documents like a FCI ( or others clubs who have contract with FCI) documents
Old 19-10-2010, 19:44   #11
Nebelwölfe

Send a message via ICQ to Nebelwölfe Send a message via Skype™ to Nebelwölfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukidomari View Post
Do you have 3 CWs or 1 CW and 2 mixes? Because I could not find any information on Mancu von Raven's Spirit, though all the dogs listed from that kennel have been designated as "Mixes".
If the dogs are from Raven's Spirit in Germany... This is not a breeder breeding pure bred within VDH (German Kennel Club) and/or FCI. Raven's Spirit is breeding Mixes out of pure CSV and CSV-Mixes (CSV-White German Shepherd-Mixes). Under FCI no Kennel called "Raven's Spirit" is registered.

Last edited by Nebelwölfe; 19-10-2010 at 19:49.
Nebelwölfe jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 20:11   #12
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebelwölfe View Post
If the dogs are from Raven's Spirit in Germany... This is not a breeder breeding pure bred within VDH (German Kennel Club) and/or FCI. Raven's Spirit is breeding Mixes out of pure CSV and CSV-Mixes (CSV-White German Shepherd-Mixes). Under FCI no Kennel called "Raven's Spirit" is registered.
Thanks for the information. Australia is an FCI participant, so it abides by rules of FCI.. if this is true, then the von Raven's Spirit dog and resulting puppy cannot be registered in AUS either.. Can Mick clarify on this?
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 20:19   #13
wolfin

why we have moore 2 themat about dogs in AU. Can moderator make one, when people have posts in both thema and from this now have mistakes in atswers
thanks
Old 20-10-2010, 10:00   #14
admin

Quote:

I'm sorry but not even one of Raven's Spirit Wolfdogs is a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog. All of them are mixes and it is also visible on the photos. Because of it the puppy you have is also not a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog but almost for sure White Shepherd-CzW-Mix.

Ravens Spirit is not a recognized kennel - they own one CzW male but they cross it with all kind of mixes (CzW x White Shepherd, dogs with unknown origin). Really: not even one of their litters is a litter of real Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs.
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 10:08   #15
wolfin

this can proofe only FCI pedigree skan If are- maybe are and pure CSW. If not ...not pure
Old 21-10-2010, 01:11   #16
mickwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
I'm sorry but not even one of Raven's Spirit Wolfdogs is a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog. All of them are mixes and it is also visible on the photos. Because of it the puppy you have is also not a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog but almost for sure White Shepherd-CzW-Mix.

Ravens Spirit is not a recognized kennel - they own one CzW male but they cross it with all kind of mixes (CzW x White Shepherd, dogs with unknown origin). Really: not even one of their litters is a litter of real Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs.
thanks for your comments, the name on his papers is actually; Maugu von Ravens Spirit, parents; Aragon Spirit of the Wolf & Esaya vom Dunnernthal

would not be happy if he is not pure CZW...... as we spent 6 months in germany with them until they were old enough to import to oz, and quite expensive too.

mick.
Old 21-10-2010, 02:12   #17
Ligerwolve2

That would be aweful Mick! Im crossing my fingers for you that it isnt so. I still think your dogs are lovely anyway

I should add (for those that have commented) that Im not looking for a pup any time soon I just want to be involved with the breed. Im estimating at least 12 months if not 24 before Im ready to take in a CzW pup. Although I have a very large nice dog run at the moment its not enclosed and I cant do that where I am. I will most likely be moving very soon and I will look into breeders around then. I do want a pup just not now I would hate to rush and get one while everything is so unstable and not be able to spend time with it.

I also have a 3 year old and Id rather wait till she was in school

Thank you though to everyone who has shown their concern and offered their information. I hope for Mick's sake it isnt true.
Old 21-10-2010, 06:52   #18
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
thanks for your comments, the name on his papers is actually; Maugu von Ravens Spirit, parents; Aragon Spirit of the Wolf & Esaya vom Dunnernthal

mick.
There is nothing wrong with Aragon but vom Dünnernthal is no FCI-kennel and Ravens Spirit isn´t either. I can send you a picture of a true VDH-pedigree, if your puppy hasn´t got one it isn´t in the studbook. You are not the only one believing the breeder and the others even got Mixes sold as purebreds.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2010, 02:52   #19
enomis52

Hi Ligerwolve2

I too, love these dogs and will be looking out for one in the next 1 or 2 years, so if you come across some let me know!!! They are rather elusive in Australia for the moment....

Cheers
enomis52 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2010, 11:11   #20
admin

Quote:
would not be happy if he is not pure CZW...... as we spent 6 months in germany with them until they were old enough to import to oz, and quite expensive too.
I'm really sorry for you. But to be honest you are not the first person which has been cheated by the "so-called" breeders. It is also the reason why we decided to add the word !!!MIX!!! and !!!non FCI!!! to the name of the dogs to the database since the breeders do not inform future puppy owners that they can not breed their dogs as "Czechoslovakian Wofdogs"....

As michaelundinaeichhorn wrote: vom Dunnernthal is a "non FCI" kennel. Their puppies do not have valid pedigrees (and there is no guarantee that the puppy really come from the parents mentioned by the breeder) and Ravens spirit is "famous" German kennel breeding CzW mixes.

Anyway both breeders are not FCI breeders, the dogs will not get pedigrees (maybe the breeder printed some papers at home as some similar "breeders" do but you will not get OFFICIAL pedigrees). You will also not be able to register the dogs by your kennel club because Australian Kennel Club is an FCI participant country and only FCI pedigrees from Europe are accepted...
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote