Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 06-07-2011, 13:18   #1
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo
Default How can we stop our breed from collapsing under the push of fake CSW and pedigrees?

I havent been writing much on this site because very disappointed and lost after so many cases of fake looking CSW dogs and fake pedigrees circulating in the last years.
I will NOT make any names of breeders or examples of dogs, many already enjoy playing guessing games already and I am not in the mood for games now.

This is a serious issue and I believe the breed as we know it is dieing...
It is obvious when we look at pictures that some dogs CANNOT be sons of their claimed parents.
Red saarlos looking dogs, american wolf looking dogs, extremely wolf looking dogs, replaced puppies...
Of course, these things are noticed by a trained eye, but cannot be proved.
Sometimes DNA results stand out and shout...like when DM tests are absurd.
Stupidity in these cases claim that the test is wrong or there is some kind of miracle or exception...but who do we think we are kidding with??

The question is, seriously, WHAT CAN BE DONE??
With Mutaras, the clubs have moved in a way to avoid dogs with unknown pedigrees before a certain date, but when the pedigrees are fake, this is useless.

For all of you who fear, like me, that this could cause serious issues, are you ready to subscribe to a worldwide action?
I was thinking of asking all clubs to request FCI to make some investigations, to oblige some breeders to make DNA tests (paternity) by taking blood samples directly.
If these breeders do not agree...they should be prevented from breeding again.
I am speaking IN PARTICULAR about some french breeders who clearly show that they think this is all a game and that honesty and truth is just an option.
Maybe the clubs can select some judges to chose, judging from pics or from shows, some dogs who they believe can be from doubtful origins and request the breeders to perform the tests.
It is just an idea...but believe me, this situation seems to becoming worst and worst every month....will it ever stop if we do nothing about it?

My opinion about experimenting new blood in the breed is NOT the point here, I am mostly concerned about FAKE PEDIGREES.

why should honest breeders work for years and years to obtain small but significant results when others just use a mix or a real wolf, pretend the father is somebody else, mix these again and obtain results which are amazing, I admit, but fake?
Any opinion is welcome.
massimo