Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous All about Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs...

Old 06-05-2009, 17:17   #21
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
In Germany you will even find the interesting version that NON-FCI bred dogs of parents without proper health tests are sold for almost the same price as FCI-bred ones because the people really believe that those dogs are better and their breeders don´t spend money on expensive papers.
Oh, nice to hear other countries also have this problem In my humble opinion, if a breeder who doesn't know you as a person starts a conversation with you by telling the price - thank him for his time and call the other one A good breeder will first of all check if you will be a good wolfdog's owner, if he thinks you will - money will not be the problem

I bought my dog when I was still a student (means no money for buying pedigree dogs ) and the breeder said "pay when you can". So that is what I did

Still Lithuania seems to be country of the cheapest dogs

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 17:46   #22
Wolfsirius

Navarre, you write good text, but there is one thing i want to comment:

"neither pay the mate, as the male is of his own."

For this i must say my opinion, that to keep your "own male" is not free.
If you use male owned by somebody else, you do not have to pay food, insurances, shows, bonitations, x-rays, only mating payment.
If male is owned by you, you have to buy it as a puppy (or adult), you have to pay all costs from it during it's lifetime, and you have to take care about it every day. So, to use own male is not so cheap. And very often in countries where is not so many dogs in the breed, there will be no use for many breedings for same male, which is good in fact. (no matador breeding)

-Suski
-Suski-
Wolfsirius jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 18:21   #23
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
-show titles......Not important. You can have much titles in country, where is not much wolfdogs on shows. Much ugly wolfdogs are champions of some countries.
Much ugly dogs are champion of some countries, including the country of origin of the breed.
Sorry but I will disagree completly with you, we have ever few dogs on dogshows here but our dogshows are far away better in selection than yours, some dogs I saw winning the dogshows that I had vizit on europe would NEVER get more than one "good" on ours dogshows if they not get disqualified, the difference is simply, mostly Brazilian judges at least knows how to judge properlly movement, thing that I never saw happening in europe.