Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Dog shows

Dog shows Our show successes, how to prepare a CzW, how to show him...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-12-2008, 15:56   #1
Juniorwolf
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 575
Default Worlddogshow 2010

Worldogshow 24.-27. June 2010 in Herning, Denmark will open for entries in Janurary 2009

List of Jugdes, accomondation, entries and much more info is now avalible here : http://www.worlddogshow2010.dk/?GB.aspx

Hope to see a lot of you there

Greetings Rolf

Last edited by Juniorwolf; 29-12-2008 at 15:57. Reason: add date
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2008, 20:42   #2
Hanka
Senior Member
 
Hanka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kadaň
Posts: 1,622
Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka
Default

I think, this judgement will not have value if it is this judge. Maybe he had seen some wolfdog already......
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2008, 21:26   #3
Juniorwolf
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
I think, this judgement will not have value if it is this judge. Maybe he had seen some wolfdog already......
I don`t know this judge ? ...I think Danish Kennel Klub know as little of the breed as who is good/experienced jugde for it ?

At most shows I have attended in Denmark jugdes and staff have never seen a CSW before ....and some staff even ask me if I am sure if it is a reconized breed

Greetings Rolf
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 09:35   #4
Vaiva
ir Brukne
 
Vaiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vilnius
Posts: 1,768
Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva
Default

Well, the judge still has some time to read the standart And a good
ocasion to visit Denmark
__________________
Walkiria Girios dvasia

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 10:04   #5
Hanka
Senior Member
 
Hanka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kadaň
Posts: 1,622
Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka
Default

hi hi hi ,yes. but it is problem of more countries. I think almost all countries
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 10:07   #6
Vaiva
ir Brukne
 
Vaiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vilnius
Posts: 1,768
Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
hi hi hi ,yes. but it is problem of more countries. I think almost all countries
You mean judges? Well, yes, but most of the breeds have this problem Especially rare ones, like wolfdogs...
__________________
Walkiria Girios dvasia

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 17:50   #7
Juniorwolf
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 575
Default

Maybe if many CSW will come, Danish Kennel Klub will put more effort in finding good/experienced jugdes for our breed at future dogshows in Denmark, so far maximum 2-3 CSW have been at a dogshow in same time in Denmark and most of the times it was my 2 CSW`s...

Greetings Rolf
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 23:00   #8
Nebelwölfe
Member
 
Nebelwölfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: am Hochrhein
Posts: 771
Send a message via ICQ to Nebelwölfe Send a message via Skype™ to Nebelwölfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolf View Post
Maybe if many CSW will come, Danish Kennel Klub will put more effort in finding good/experienced jugdes for our breed at future dogshows in Denmark, ...
In Germany we hope for this since yyyyyyears...
Nebelwölfe jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 23:50   #9
Juniorwolf
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepeet View Post
In Germany we hope for this since yyyyyyears...
Well maybe I am just optimistic ? but I really can`t blame Danish Kennel Klub for not putting much effort in this, when only 3-4 foreign CSW`s have visited dogshows in Denmark in the last 10 years or so and usually there is only me with my dog(now two dogs), if things was different I had a reason to complain, but for the moment I accually do understand them ...not that I agree with them !

I can`t speak about the situation in Germany, because I know nothing about it ! ...but can special club( Club für Tschechoslowakische Wolfshunde Deutschland) not put pressure on the German kennel club ? you have so many more induviduals in Germany, compared to Denmark(4 members in our special club and only me who is active = showing and training for exams).

Greetings Rolf

Last edited by Juniorwolf; 30-12-2008 at 23:52. Reason: repeated my self
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 09:57   #10
michaelundinaeichhorn
Senior Member
 
michaelundinaeichhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Bad Dürkheim
Posts: 2,250
Default

No, we can´t do much about it. The situation got a little bit better because some judges got interested in the breed. But still there are misjudgements. On international shows the popular breeds have chances to get competent ones, the small breeds get a judge that has some spare time left.
After two years of absolutely horrible judgements in Dormund I and I think some more people complained about the judge not following the standart (eyes were to yellow or light, all dogs were wrongly ankeled, tailes were to short....) after that we got 2-3 years at least German judges who tried their very best.
We are only allowed to train own specialized judges when we are an official VDH-Club that can rule the breeding itself, we are fighting for that at the moment but because we don´t have enough different lines we have a wainting period now for some time and hopefully are succesfull the next time.

The Slowakian Kennel Club has produced a training DVD for judges where they show on examples how a dog should look like and how it shouldn´t.

But this is the reason why we normally don´t show on world dog shows with judges we don´t know very well and ask judges out of countries of origin for our Club shows. It also is the reason why people who know the breed very well don´t care at all about international titles like world champion.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 13:36   #11
Mikael
Scandinavian Member
 
Mikael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 1,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolf View Post
Well maybe I am just optimistic ? but I really can`t blame Danish Kennel Klub for not putting much effort in this, when only 3-4 foreign CSW`s have visited dogshows in Denmark in the last 10 years or so and usually there is only me with my dog(now two dogs), if things was different I had a reason to complain, but for the moment I accually do understand them ...not that I agree with them !

Greetings Rolf
I think there will be over 30 CsV in Danmark 2010
by looking at how many CsV that did come to Sweden in 2008.

Regards / Mikael
__________________
_________________________________________________
*Hronec, Rasty, Zilja * Kennel, Wolfdog of Sweden* http://kennelwolfdogofsweden.vpsite.se/Home.html
Mikael jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 14:27   #12
Juniorwolf
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
No, we can´t do much about it. The situation got a little bit better because some judges got interested in the breed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn
We are only allowed to train own specialized judges when we are an official VDH-Club that can rule the breeding itself, we are fighting for that at the moment but because we don´t have enough different lines we have a wainting period now for some time and hopefully are succesfull the next time.
So there is hope for a better future

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn
But this is the reason why we normally don´t show on world dog shows with judges we don´t know very well and ask judges out of countries of origin for our Club shows. It also is the reason why people who know the breed very well don´t care at all about international titles like world champion.
World dog shows, international dog shows or national dog shows is all good opportunities to spread the knowledge of our breed to judges and the public, so in the future they will have bigger interest in our wonderful breed I think the dog shows is a really good way to make people aware of our breed and this is why I show my dogs at many dog shows(world dog show is even better because many people will come), every day I meet people who do not know of the existence of our breed also on dog shows there is many people who see our breed for the first time ....even when I have been in Czech rep., Slovakia or Italy people stop me in the streets to ask about this breed, so when more people will know of our breed we can expect more interest from kennel clubs and judges and hopefully have better/more competent judges in the future

Greetings Rolf
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 14:30   #13
Juniorwolf
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
I think there will be over 30 CsV in Danmark 2010
by looking at how many CsV that did come to Sweden in 2008.

Regards / Mikael
I hope as many as possible will come and show their dogs and by doing that help spread the knowledge of our fantastic breed

Counting on you Mikael in 2010

Greetings Rolf
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 14:57   #14
michaelundinaeichhorn
Senior Member
 
michaelundinaeichhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Bad Dürkheim
Posts: 2,250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolf View Post
So there is hope for a better future



World dog shows, international dog shows or national dog shows is all good opportunities to spread the knowledge of our breed to judges and the public, so in the future they will have bigger interest in our wonderful breed I think the dog shows is a really good way to make people aware of our breed and this is why I show my dogs at many dog shows(world dog show is even better because many people will come), every day I meet people who do not know of the existence of our breed also on dog shows there is many people who see our breed for the first time ....even when I have been in Czech rep., Slovakia or Italy people stop me in the streets to ask about this breed, so when more people will know of our breed we can expect more interest from kennel clubs and judges and hopefully have better/more competent judges in the future

Greetings Rolf
Well, this doesn´t really happen in my experience. We have shown our dogs very often in the past, what costs a lot of time and money but nothing changed. What helped was to speak to some judges personally and mainly that they have seen more and more better charakters so they could see an improvement in itself. But it only helps with some judges and the main thing is that they get the impression not that there are many dogs but that there are passionated breeders and owners in the country. With the judges that don´t even bother to care for the standart nothing helped at all, they just don´t care and don´t want to. What seemed to help a little bit for the next years was to complain about showers paying a lot of money for judges that oviously don´t even know the standart.
But even in Slovakia there was a situation not so long ago when a specialised judged intervened because of the absolutely wrong judgement of an international one.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 15:45   #15
GalomyOak
Howling Member
 
GalomyOak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 436
Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post

The Slowakian Kennel Club has produced a training DVD for judges where they show on examples how a dog should look like and how it shouldn´t.
Do you know if it is possible to purchase this DVD? I think something like this could be very helpful to the judges over here on the "lonely AKC/UKC island". They are all very curious here...most are alerted by the host club before the show that they will be judging their first CSV - several, after they have gotten over their initial fear of the word "wolf", and actually meet the dogs - say to me that they have tried to "do their homework", and learn about the breed before the show. This sounds like a great tool...

Here's a toast to 2009!
Marcy
GalomyOak jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 15:49   #16
Juniorwolf
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
Well, this doesn´t really happen in my experience. We have shown our dogs very often in the past, what costs a lot of time and money but nothing changed. What helped was to speak to some judges personally and mainly that they have seen more and more better charakters so they could see an improvement in itself. But it only helps with some judges and the main thing is that they get the impression not that there are many dogs but that there are passionated breeders and owners in the country. With the judges that don´t even bother to care for the standart nothing helped at all, they just don´t care and don´t want to. What seemed to help a little bit for the next years was to complain about showers paying a lot of money for judges that oviously don´t even know the standart.
But even in Slovakia there was a situation not so long ago when a specialised judged intervened because of the absolutely wrong judgement of an international one.

Ina
Well if everybody stop showing their dogs for unxeperienced judges, who will be judging our dogs when these judges retire ?
The dogshows is a great opportunity to speak with the judges and show them that there are passionated breeders and owners in the country, but this is only possible by going to the dogshows. How should the judges see any improvements if no ones want to show their dogs ?
There are always rotten apples in every barrel, but just because of a few rotten apples, you don`t have to throw the whole barrel out !
Why not put an effort in speaking with judges who care and help educating them about our breed and forget the few rotten apples ?

Luckily I have never meet any judges who don`t care for the standart, most of the unexperienced judges(and trainies) I have meet in Denmark have asked me about the breed after the judgment, showing a big interest about our breed.

Greetings Rolf

Last edited by Juniorwolf; 31-12-2008 at 15:53. Reason: more text
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 16:47   #17
michaelundinaeichhorn
Senior Member
 
michaelundinaeichhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Bad Dürkheim
Posts: 2,250
Default

We have done our share of that work for many years, believe me but I won´t invest more time ore money for judges that don´t do their homework
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 19:12   #18
Juniorwolf
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
We have done our share of that work for many years, believe me but I won´t invest more time ore money for judges that don´t do their homework
I don`t doubt what you write ! ...but some one have to keep up being optimistic about judges and kennel clubs will get better and I think it is a shame that an experienced breeder like you won`t continue the good work !
...what happened to "But it only helps with some judges and the main thing is that they get the impression not that there are many dogs but that there are passionated breeders and owners in the country" ?
It`s kinda hard for an unexperienced owner like my self to give that impression all by my self, I think we all could use as much help as possible to make some changes ...and I think world dog shows will be a good oportunity to do that !

Greetings Rolf
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 23:36   #19
Mikael
Scandinavian Member
 
Mikael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 1,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolf View Post
I hope as many as possible will come and show their dogs and by doing that help spread the knowledge of our fantastic breed

Counting on you Mikael in 2010

Greetings Rolf
Thanks

I´m counting on my self to And I think we will make it ?

Regards / Mikael
__________________
_________________________________________________
*Hronec, Rasty, Zilja * Kennel, Wolfdog of Sweden* http://kennelwolfdogofsweden.vpsite.se/Home.html
Mikael jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 00:53   #20
massimo
Senior Member
 
massimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Prague 6
Posts: 2,109
Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo
Default

There is no other way to know if something is wrong or right than to test it personally!
Let's not judge a jugde before hand... who knows??
I will SURELY come to denmark, if only to support Uno as best wolfdog in the world!!!
I hope many many others will come too!!
come to world show... I promise I will make you enjoy your stay... in one way...or another!
massimo
massimo jest offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Wolfdog.org