Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Wolves and wolfdogs

Wolves and wolfdogs All about animals similar to CzW... Information about other Wolfdogs: Saarloos Wolfhound, Lupo Italiano...

Old 09-02-2010, 18:59   #1
Erwan Grey
Save the Wolf

Send a message via MSN to Erwan Grey
Default Russian wolf photos were taken in the wild.

Since the authenticity of the wolf images by Russian wildlife photographer Sergey Gorshkov, that are published on the Wild Wonders of Europe blog and in our gallery has recently been questioned, we tried to verify and clarify the circumstances under which these images have been taken.

During his efforts to take great wolf images, photographer Sergey Gorshkov has cooperated closely with nature reserve authorities, wildlife biologists and local hunters.

One area where he took many of the images published in the Wild Wonders of Europe blog and galleries, is the region of Tver. Here PhD researcher Vladimir Bologov and his team have for several years raised orphaned, abandoned or “un-wanted” wolf pups brought to them by hunters, farmers, zoos and others at the so called “wolf camp” at “Chistiy Les” , right beside the Central Forest Reserve - a very wild and very sparsely populated, protected area c. 400 km northwest of Moscow. They raise them in order to study the animals and then release them back into the wild.

More info:

http://www.wild-wonders.com/newslett...newsletter.htm

Last edited by Erwan Grey; 09-02-2010 at 19:04.
Erwan Grey jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 19:41   #2
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Very nice photos !

Best regards / Mikael
Old 09-02-2010, 19:46   #3
Erwan Grey
Save the Wolf

Send a message via MSN to Erwan Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
Very nice photos !

Best regards / Mikael
You Welcome!
Erwan Grey jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 18:02   #4
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwan Grey View Post
Since the authenticity of the wolf images by Russian wildlife photographer Sergey Gorshkov, that are published on the Wild Wonders of Europe blog and in our gallery has recently been questioned, we tried to verify and clarify the circumstances under which these images have been taken.

I´m no expert by far, and therefor I want to ask if you know what we se in this photo ???

Is it two puppy´s, one older and one younger... or is it a mother and her puppy ???

The reasan I ask is because of the black part under her jaw... As I have bean tolled by (experts) ONLY puppy wolf´s and Wolfdogs has this, not a grown wolf.

Therefor if it is a grown wolf I suspect it is not pure wolf, but a Wolfdog ??? But as I did say I´m no expert...

Very best regards / Mikael
Old 14-02-2010, 15:56   #5
lupis

Very nice pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
The reasan I ask is because of the black part under her jaw... As I have bean tolled by (experts) ONLY puppy wolf´s and Wolfdogs has this, not a grown wolf.
For my opinion it is full growed but not real adult wolf. But I sugest you to see something else - this wolf will some people from this forum (the Molosso lovers) call jackal.
lupis jest offline   Reply With Quote