Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Sport & training

Sport & training Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs as working dogs - how to train, how to teach new elements, information about competitions and training seminars...

Old 20-02-2013, 11:22   #1
dan

Default Desensitization around strangers

My dog ​​is unsafe around the strangers. Sometimes she avoid or barks several times, not aggressive, but warned, sometimes even trying to attack. It was quite socialized when she was young (at 2.5 months old), meaning that we walk on street, among people every day, but was she shy did not want to interact with people and I don't forced her (I followed advice from kennel). The problem is that now, at the age of 1 year is not friendly to strangers. I want mentioney as a take out, among men, twice a day, 1 hour in the morning and 1.5 - 3 hours in the evening. I tried to kind of methods such as desensitization with contraconditionarea, but 4 months is not really rewarded.

However, if a man interact with her "by the book" without touching it without watching it ... and expected to be smelled, can become friends with her in 1 minute and after that is very friendly, jumps to play, stand to be comforted in any way, you can lean over it and you can do whatever you want, after 5 minutes you can hug her.

You had such cases? If yes, how did you do?

Please help me with some advice!

Thank you!
Old 20-02-2013, 14:04   #2
tupacs2legs
rookie

Send a message via ICQ to tupacs2legs
Lightbulb

Hi
This is imo fairly typical for the csv while young and going through fear stages.

I have also found as well as sensing peoples fear of them and reacting to it they do not like 'rude' greetings or stary eye contact(its all too confronting) with time and work I'm sure you can get through this,but while u do do not give your dog the chance to perform this behaviour
tupacs2legs jest offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
desensitization, strangers