Wolfdog.org forum

Wolfdog.org forum (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/index.php)
-   Czechoslovakian Vlcak Club of UK (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   British Kennel Club Recognition (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21153)

tupacs2legs 01-09-2011 12:09

British Kennel Club Recognition

So now all I need to do is to find a breeder that trusts me not to cross a csv.....half way there to importing one :)

hedeon 02-09-2011 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by tupacs2legs (Bericht 401306)
So now all I need to do is to find a breeder that trusts me not to cross a csv.....half way there to importing one :)

May be even that having ability to import one, people who really like CSV will have a choice, will not buy from dodgy breeders in UK, making their business less profitable, and eventually to stop it. All we have to do is to convince potential owners to rather get their dogs from trustworthy breeders from continent than from unsure in UK.
Well, I do not know situation here that well, but it makes sense to me.

Vaiva 02-09-2011 14:52

Just got a letter from UK - a man looking for a wolfdog female for his CzW-inuit cross :D Wants to "bring in a fresh line" :lol:
Maybe I just had to tell him to look for suitable dogs in France? He would find some friends among breeders there :rock_3

hedeon 02-09-2011 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaiva (Bericht 401472)
Just got a letter from UK - a man looking for a wolfdog female for his CzW-inuit cross :D Wants to "bring in a fresh line" :lol:

:badbad:evil_2:banghead:huh:chainsaw2:pissed :snipersmilie

Vaiva 02-09-2011 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedeon (Bericht 401473)
:badbad:evil_2:banghead:huh:chainsaw2:pissed :snipersmilie

Well, everything is ok - I think before selling puppies to "doubtful" countries, breeders should first consult some people we all know and trust here. Like in case of UK I would first maybe try to contact tupac2legs for example and ask if she knows anything about the concrete person :roll: This time the person was open about his plans, next time he might get smarter...

Shadowlands 02-09-2011 16:47

Good tip Vaiva :) Tupacs2legs is a good contact and will give honest opinions (I don't know her personally, but have read a lot of her postings here and elsewhere and she only speaks common sense and good practice)

It's a bit like contacting breeders in the other country, except that there aren't any trustworthy ones (that I know of) in the UK. I know of one 'breeder' who sells Pure F3 CsV's in the UK... :?

hedeon 02-09-2011 16:56

She would take responsibility for that person this way, you never know what he is going to do later on. But it is better to check with some one, than to not. Tupacs2legs is a good guardian of CVS purity :lol:

tupacs2legs 02-09-2011 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedeon (Bericht 401499)
She would take responsibility for that person this way, you never know what he is going to do later on. But it is better to check with some one, than to not. Tupacs2legs is a good guardian of CVS purity :lol:

how very nice of you to say so :lol:

yes,i hide no secret of loving and wanting to 'protect' the breed,its something that has 'upset' quite a few people :(

back to the topic....but im sooo happy,i would not of entertained importing under the old timescale :)

hedeon 02-09-2011 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by tupacs2legs (Bericht 401534)
back to the topic....but im sooo happy,i would not of entertained importing under the old timescale :)

You can't imagine how happy I am. Once I felled in love with this breed, I have read more and more about them, just to find out there are very few pure CSV in UK. I said, it is not so bad, I can import one from homeland. Then I was told about 6 month quarantine. I was so ruined. Then Rona light up a little spark of hope, saying someone told her something is about to change :happy

Tassle 02-09-2011 23:20

It is great news - I would love a Saarloos - but no-one in this country will breed pure as 'people cannot cope with them'....

Its a line used as an excuse fro crossing the CsV in this country as well and makes me SO mad!

....one day......
(Dream on!!)

Nebulosa 03-09-2011 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tassle (Bericht 401557)
It is great news - I would love a Saarloos - but no-one in this country will breed pure as 'people cannot cope with them'....

Its a line used as an excuse fro crossing the CsV in this country as well and makes me SO mad!

....one day......
(Dream on!!)

Eh?!
Does it mean they tell people that an FCI recognized breed with standarized character are less suitable to people than an mix with unpredictable character?! :roflmao
Gosh... why do I breed pure dogs!? We should all start to only re-home mongrels then! Easier, less expensive and we end up saving lifes.

I can't laugh much of UK breeders while in here we have yet people who swear their molossers are free of HD because such ill "does not exist in the breed", that's why make the X rays would be only a waste of time as all dogs are naturaly free, even if it's an Bulldog or an Labrador. :errr

yukidomari 03-09-2011 01:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebulosa (Bericht 401561)
We should all start to only re-home mongrels then! Easier, less expensive and we end up saving lifes.

a breeder and i have gone over this possibility (in jest only)... she would send me mutts from the european countryside and i will market them here as something exotic... :twisted::twisted::lol:

Rona 03-09-2011 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by tupacs2legs (Bericht 401534)
how very nice of you to say so :lol:

It's a pity you're not a breeder, Layla! :( Think about it! :rock_3 :)

Tassle 03-09-2011 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebulosa (Bericht 401561)
Eh?!
Does it mean they tell people that an FCI recognized breed with standarized character are less suitable to people than an mix with unpredictable character?! :roflmao
Gosh... why do I breed pure dogs!? We should all start to only re-home mongrels then! Easier, less expensive and we end up saving lifes.

I can't laugh much of UK breeders while in here we have yet people who swear their molossers are free of HD because such ill "does not exist in the breed", that's why make the X rays would be only a waste of time as all dogs are naturaly free, even if it's an Bulldog or an Labrador. :errr

...No - you can Laugh at the UK breeders.....its either that or cry!!

I got quite offended when they called my pure bred dog (not a Vlcak) an Inbred cripple!!.... because of course the other reason for crossing is that they (crosses) are always healthier.....

Rona 03-09-2011 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tassle (Bericht 401570)
I got quite offended when they called my pure bred dog (not a Vlcak) an Inbred cripple!!.... because of course the other reason for crossing is that they (crosses) are always healthier.....

One might fear what they would call a pure vlcak? :twisted:

I mean I have nothing against mixes or mongrels, we all know they make great pets! But I don't see any reason why producers of mixes call themselves breeders? The word "breed" indicates certain level of predictability of what one might expect from the dog he/she buys.

hedeon 03-09-2011 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rona (Bericht 401572)
But I don't see any reason why producers of mixes call themselves breeders?

Probably more like lottery

BeatriceSlavinschi 05-09-2011 15:48

Vaiva, please tell me ... do you have the name of the person?
I might get a similar email from UK. I'm almost certain is the same guy asking how he can get a puppy from Romania ... he also mentioned that he has a inuit/czech wolf ... but off course doesn't reveals his intentions this time.

Regards everyone,
Beatrice.

Vaiva 06-09-2011 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatriceSlavinschi (Bericht 401860)
Vaiva, please tell me ... do you have the name of the person?
I might get a similar email from UK. I'm almost certain is the same guy asking how he can get a puppy from Romania ... he also mentioned that he has a inuit/czech wolf ... but off course doesn't reveals his intentions this time.

Regards everyone,
Beatrice.

Well, this person just contacted me again, shouting that he read this topic and he feels I am writting about him. He states the his male is neutered and he is in fact looking for a purebred female for purebred breeding. Anyway, before that his answer to my long e-mail about the meaning of pedigree dogs and about the importance to widen breed's genopool but not to make mixes, was "interesting point of view" :D So... everyone can make ones own conclusions. I invited him to register here and tell his own possition.

BeatriceSlavinschi 06-09-2011 15:03

Very well.
I understand that he contacted other breeders too ... so it's obvious he has access to this database. I'm also waiting to find out what he really intends to, but that will be off course just personal conclusions of everyone of us.

tupacs2legs 06-09-2011 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaiva (Bericht 402022)
Well, this person just contacted me again, shouting that he read this topic and he feels I am writting about him. He states the his male is neutered and he is in fact looking for a purebred female for purebred breeding. Anyway, before that his answer to my long e-mail about the meaning of pedigree dogs and about the importance to widen breed's genopool but not to make mixes, was "interesting point of view" :D So... everyone can make ones own conclusions. I invited him to register here and tell his own possition.

i find it very annoying and very sad,that people want to breed first and foremost,rather than living with and learning about the breed.

to buy a rare breed for the whole attention of breeding means only one thing to me :(