Wolfdog.org forum

Wolfdog.org forum (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Number of alive CzW today (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16033)

Mikael 17-11-2010 01:20

Number of alive CzW today

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanninadina (Bericht 338035)
I talked with Margo in may in germany about the overall number and we both thought about around 5.000. Of course it could be some more.

OK, than you are probably right about that ;-)

I can not find how I got that number, but I think it was elf´s tool and a middle age calculation when we did try to find official HD statistic in start of 2009.

Best regards / Mikael

buidelwolf 17-11-2010 02:02

Hello Mikael,

Quote:

I can not find how I got that number, but I think it was elf´s tool and a middle age calculation when we did try to find official HD statistic in start of 2009.
I think you are probably right regarding the number of about 7500 Csv's living today. If you use the statistic tool of Elf and you search on for example "displaying cvs's with highest COI, born after 1-1-2000, display first 10.000", than the tool displays: 7657 dogs. click here . Important to know that the tool does not count the dogs born in the year 2010, because the tool was updated until the year 2009. That will be a few hundred to date. Moreover, measured from the year 2000, a number of dogs that are not in the database of Wolfdog has to be counted. (Elf's statistic tool namely uses the data of Wolfdog). Let's say together a total of around 9.000, born between 1-1-2000 and today. This number minus the now (prematurely) died dogs, will bring the estimated number of 7.500 closer to reality than 5.000. As we know, stillborn puppies or puppies which die within one week, are not raised on wolfdog by the breeders, so these do therefore not count in the numbers, listed in Elf's tool.

Just a small digression on the initial topic...

Mikael 17-11-2010 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by buidelwolf (Bericht 338194)
Hello Mikael,

I think you are probably right regarding the number of about 7500 Csv's living today. If you use the statistic tool of Elf and you search on for example "displaying cvs's with highest COI, born after 1-1-2000, display first 10.000", than the tool displays: 7657 dogs. click here . Important to know that the tool does not count the dogs born in the year 2010, because the tool was updated until the year 2009. That will be a few hundred to date. Moreover, measured from the year 2000, a number of dogs that are not in the database of Wolfdog has to be counted. (Elf's statistic tool namely uses the data of Wolfdog). Let's say together a total of around 9.000, born between 1-1-2000 and today. This number minus the now (prematurely) died dogs, will bring the estimated number of 7.500 closer to reality than 5.000. As we know, stillborn puppies or puppies which die within one week, are not raised on wolfdog by the breeders, so these do therefore not count in the numbers, listed in Elf's tool.

Very best regards / Mikael

hanninadina 17-11-2010 12:49

Statistics are always only a hint, not a prove.

With the number of 80 % I wanted to say that even family dogs bite when living in the house (and outside) because your post sounded, that in the US all gsd living in the house are nice not biting family dogs.

I guess there died more dogs than only 1.500 in 10 years. So maybe the right number is between 5.000 - 7.500 after my opinion. But of course a really small number over all.

elf 17-11-2010 13:06

Quote:

"don´t trust any statistic you haven´t faked yourself"
Working as scientist I know that is so true :).

michaelundinaeichhorn 17-11-2010 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanninadina (Bericht 338235)
Statistics are always only a hint, not a prove.

Used like this they are not even a hint.

Ina