Wolfdog.org forum

Wolfdog.org forum (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/index.php)
-   Off topic (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   New site (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20844)

nobrezabranca 06-09-2011 21:56

New site
 
Hi
I don't know how to see my messages,my dogs that I had in my account,neither the interest group that I created!can someone please explain to me how to do it?how to get there?when I click in my account I just see how long I signed up here,noting more!
thank you,and congratulations for this new presentation,but there is some time needed to us to adapt to this new presentation of the site...nothing that time,patience and experience doesn't make us learn...
best regards
nobrezabranca

Vaiva 06-09-2011 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobrezabranca (Bericht 402149)
Hi
I don't know how to see my messages,my dogs that I had in my account,neither the interest group that I created!can someone please explain to me how to do it?how to get there?when I click in my account I just see how long I signed up here,noting more!
thank you,and congratulations for this new presentation,but there is some time needed to us to adapt to this new presentation of the site...nothing that time,patience and experience doesn't make us learn...
best regards
nobrezabranca

I do not know for sure, but I really think that it is just temporary - we all just have to be patient and everything will be working just fine :)

Nebulosa 06-09-2011 23:16

I keep wondering why Spanish and Portuguese speakers choose mainly to use English forum, even having both their own language forum.
Nothing against it, but it's simply weird. :lol:
If you mean the main account, the one of the webpage, I think it's because its under construction yet, I have no idea which kind of informations will be there, if you're talking about the one of the forum, then it was supposed to have not changed.
I think soon they will merge both accounts ( the one of the main webpage and of the forum) but ony Admin can confirms it.

admin 07-09-2011 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobrezabranca (Bericht 402149)
Hi
I don't know how to see my messages,my dogs that I had in my account,neither the interest group that I created!can someone please explain to me how to do it?how to get there?when I click in my account I just see how long I signed up here,noting more!
thank you,and congratulations for this new presentation,but there is some time needed to us to adapt to this new presentation of the site...nothing that time,patience and experience doesn't make us learn...
best regards
nobrezabranca

But we didn't changed anything on the forum. You was and you are still a registered user....

nobrezabranca 08-09-2011 11:14

English forum
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebulosa (Bericht 402169)
I keep wondering why Spanish and Portuguese speakers choose mainly to use English forum, even having both their own language forum.
Nothing against it, but it's simply weird. :lol:

I donĀ“t know about th others,but speaking for myself,I use the english forum,because there are still too few portuguese and spanish people using the other forums,and also because there are more articles in the english one...

about th messages and groups,I now can again access them,thank you.it must have been a temporary roblem of the site

Shadowlands 09-09-2011 09:25

I keep getting a strange message when I try to view forum threads...

" Shadowlands, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "
and it is happening on all sorts of different threads. Is there a problem with my account or is it just a wee hiccup in the new site?

jefta 09-09-2011 09:54

It happen to me when I try to read "Non fci, mixes, please READ" and "privacy law"
Probably that threads are in privat moderators forum and we have no access to read it ;) Just the topics are shown in "recent threads"

Shadowlands 09-09-2011 12:23

Thanks Jefta, those were two I had problems with ;)

As long as it isn't just me doing something stupid, I am happy :)

Shadowlands 09-09-2011 15:50

ALthough, there is a posting on the Dutch forum about Privacy Settings which can be read, so maybe there is a problem with the access rights on the post written for the English forum?? And the other post "Non-FCI, Mixes - Please read" also??

Admin, are we meant to be able to read these? If so, can you check their access rights.

Thank you :)

Rona 09-09-2011 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowlands (Bericht 402712)
ALthough, there is a posting on the Dutch forum about Privacy Settings which can be read, so maybe there is a problem with the access rights on the post written for the English forum?? And the other post "Non-FCI, Mixes - Please read" also??

Admin, are we meant to be able to read these? If so, can you check their access rights.

I'm not Admin, but I suppose there was a privacy policy thread on the mods' forum, which now the mods are supposed to pass on to other forums in their original languages, so that nobody could complain later (even the French :p) they did not understand. Probably Mijke was the first to react.

I think we should be less... nervous ;-) and give Admin more time. We have a saying in Polish: "Krakow was not built overnight" :lol:

Nebulosa 09-09-2011 18:06

I copied the Privacy Law topic here.

nobrezabranca 11-09-2011 03:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowlands (Bericht 402621)
I keep getting a strange message when I try to view forum threads...

" Shadowlands, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "
and it is happening on all sorts of different threads. Is there a problem with my account or is it just a wee hiccup in the new site?


hi
go to your e-mail associated to your account in this site and see if you have there any message from wolfdog,for example to confirm your e-mail,and do what they asked you to do... ;)
and then try again to see and answer the threads...
perhapes this solves your problem.let us know if it worked...
good luck

Shadowlands 11-09-2011 09:20

Thanks, Nobrezabranca, but I have nothing in my email account from WD (except the normal notifications). We'll just wait and see what unfolds as Admin has a lot of work at the moment and some wee mistakes are bound to occur :)

soniakanavle 12-09-2011 01:32

I like the new pedigree layout a lot!! :)

Vaiva 13-09-2011 12:08

Could anybody explain how to add new photos to the gallery? Did not find any "working" way yet :|

Shadowlands 16-09-2011 20:38

I've just had a message from a new user who is having problems viewing and making posts - anyone any idea why?

Mikael 18-09-2011 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowlands (Bericht 403931)
I've just had a message from a new user who is having problems viewing and making posts - anyone any idea why?

Maybe because of that the Moderators has not approved him/her as a user yet ???
Best regards / Mikael


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:15.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Wolfdog.org