Thread: wolf percentage
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2008, 11:08   #61
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikaani View Post
i think we have gone a bit if topic here/ it was only how dilouted the wolf blood percentage would be after severall generations, to help convince local council about them, but as usual it seems to have moved on to havin a go at people and not the designated topic, im graitfull for all the help but if people wish to discuse sertain kenals and there practacise please start youe own topics on the subject. thank you
Coming back to your original topic, as several people told you there is no way to find out how diluted the wolfblood will be as long as you only cross purebred CSW. This is a little bit special situation in this breed because if you normally talk of hybrids there are always a mixture of wolf with several breeds and even in the so called "breed" of AWD there are still wolfes used for crossing or different dogbreeds. CSW and SWH are as recognised breeds at least theoretically not longer mixed with other dogs or wolfes. That is a completely different situation. It is not possible to find out a dilllution in this case. There are countries like Australia that only ask for the F5-Generation.
I personally think the best way for this countries is to show that CSW are working dogs that are able to be trained for different uses.
We have several dogs with rescue-dog exams from the Swiss-Mountain-Rescue now in Germany (two of my own dogs too by the way) and we found out that if you talk about this possibility and show the dogs on those workshops you have two positive results: People realise that there are good working dogs in this breed what differs them from hybrids and the people getting attracted to the dogs are different ones to the ones that only want them for their look. Though it isn´t the reason for us to join this training, rescue work is a very positive seen work that makes the dog less dangerous in the view of the people and CSW really like this kind of work and are mostly very good in it.
I think Per Olavs way to show what the breed is able to do is on long terms the best way to get it accepted in those countries.
I definetly can say that all times our CSW showed up on those workshops or on their film-dog work they got very positive feed back of all people working with dogs and very many had a totally different view of them before.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote