View Single Post
Old 26-12-2009, 13:51   #236
Per Olav

Send a message via MSN to Per Olav

Dear XaedasKSP.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Then I once again do regret your lack of knowing the body of politics and how laws are made.

First of all I apply to you to search once more and carefully study what is available to the public concering the Norwegian Dog Law and its Breed Spesific Legislation - which in this matter mean the reasons why certain breeds are banned. Secondly you should be aware of papers received by others but the decisionmakers do influence the making of laws and third the fact that a huge amount of papers are not available, e g from people on this forum and other foras our Ministry received close to a thousands mails and petions informing of the breeds. Mails and information which influence to the Ministry were less to none.

You also should bear in mind that if not for the knowledge of the spokesman of your Party - a close and dear friend of mine and a breeder of a large breed herself -the outcome of your Party's voting of BSL would be rather unpredictable. Now this MP has resigned from politics and no one can tell which side your party will support if the dog law once again should be debated by our Parliament.

Beeing unaware of the fact that some SW owners are residing in your proximity and do have homepages describing the breed do tell me something of your efforts in seeking and also getting some "in real life" information. Myself I've requested one of them to contribute to this thread, if he decide to do so future will show.

As Rona writes - the "UK situation" is not comparable to the Norwegian one.

and at last - Claressa - a country fellow man of yours has been to the Czech Republic studying the training of these breeds. Fortunately he made up his mind of not possessing one. To my knowledge he is a skilled owner training his dog by the Norwegian Rescue Dog Organization.
--
po

Last edited by Per Olav; 26-12-2009 at 17:21.
Per Olav jest offline   Reply With Quote