View Single Post
Old 31-08-2011, 08:37   #13
hanninadina

Send a message via Skype™ to hanninadina

Paula, maybe you wonder, but this is my experience too! It makes the life for the future owner much easier when puppies are raised up by their parents and maybe one, two other adults or even a yearling. And of course you are right that it is real hard stuff to have all these pups around for a longer time.

First I always thought it is better to give a wolfdog to their new place with 6 weeks and a normal dog with 7 weeks. But from their outgoing behaviour it is easier to be teached by other wolfdogs than by us the human being.

But it is almost not possible to socialize 5 - 8 pupps during this most important time of the life of a dog! I socialized 3 pups and of course for everyone of them it had been better if I had to socialize only one. Especially if a pup needs a bit more time. And with socializing I mean, driving by car, going in the city, driving train, going into the Zoo, Coffee shops, Restaurants, Bars all places where a lot of noise is and many many people. and last but not least to puppy dogschool. You need a lot of helping hands to do this.

So in the middle I would give my pupps next time not so early like 6 or 7 weeks but I would say around 10 - 12 weeks. Even bite ignition would be better because the parents teach them.

It depends in which new house they go. Do the people live in the city or in the forrest. Do they want to take their dog everywhere or only for outdoor activities. But of course you never know if this will change in future life of a pup.

Christian
hanninadina jest offline   Reply With Quote