View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 23:42   #13
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka
And my opinions are: from normal high dogs 62 and 68 cm parents can be very small puppies. It is nature.
In the Italy is breeding very easy. You have only one stanpoint: beauty. You can choose parents only from beauty or high (?).Where is character of working breed? Where is health? And have you got certitude-the parents in pedigree are parents really? I think, in some kennels-NO. A lot of "breeders" use dogs without RTG, without bonitation. It is bigger problem than high. Sorry, it is simplificatied view from Czech to Italin . Yes, you have much beautiful dogs, but without breed value for BREEDING.Not for "breeding". Because we need for breeding dogs with RTG results, with bonitations, not only products from some "wolfdogs". How much breeders openly tell about it in Italy?
First of all Hanka I really thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge with us.
it's not so common for a person like you to write so openly and freely on internet.
In Italian forum, in those "rare" cases when people are not fighting like "chicken"... ....sometimes some threads are interesting and we have the luck to read comments from interesting/experienced breeders like Sarka Matrasova (ariminnum) or Andrea Pecharova (Foresta Incantata).
However the argument you mention, although not really on thread, is really interesting and deserves a small comment.
I am new in the wolfdog world and surely have less experience than you , but i'm lucky to live in the country with the most number of wolfdogs and I see so many of them in shows, meetings, training camps, bonitations etc.
I agree with you that in Italy there is no limit, no power from breeding committe as in Cz or Sk and therefore some dogs which should NEVER mate do it and nobody can stop owners from making puppies.
I personally would really like it if it was compulsary to make bonitation, I even would never give a dog a pedigree if he doesn't have bonitation/morphological selection.
But I wouldn't say A lot of "breeders" use dogs without RTG, without bonitation.
The first bonitation made in italy was in 2003 and our club has become officialy recognised only since 2 and a half years
Since then a lot of improvement has been made in italy, already 6 bonitations have been made.
Of course it is not controlled and we still have breeders mating brothers and sisters regardless of the side effects, but a lot of information is running and the "most important" breeders are ever more pushing in the right direction.
I do not agree with you when you say in italy most breeders look at beauty disregarding health and character.
It is really difficult or almost impossible to find a breeder which mates wolfdogs with HDC in Italy. The most used studs are generally all bonitated.
Characters are improving really a lot and I rarely see in shows dogs with tails under their stomach.
Our club is starting to organize training meetings and exams.
We are still not at the CZ level of course but improvement is visible.
It's true, a breeding comittee allows a certain level of control, but the possibility however to mate "wrong" dogs always exists!
It mainly depends on the consciousness of the breeder...but it also can happen in CZ or in SK!
If the owner of a dog measures his own csw during bonitation and "casually" it is just 0,5cm above minimum....
A very colleric or shy dog can be "trained" to pass bonitation....hoping in those 2-3 minutes of "apparent" calmness...
A dog with more than one displasic brother or sisters and with "doubtful" xrays can be allowed to mate....
I've personally seen more than one bonitation in CZ and SK, and the character test in one occasion was COMPLETELY different from the other in terms of power put by the figurante...
Another thing that surprises me is that owners of males from CZ or SK, with such strict breeding rules, but allow their dog to cover bitches in different countries without bonitation...isn't that a nonsense?
Quote:
And have you got certitude-the parents in pedigree are parents really?

This can happen everyware there are unhonest people...Luckily there is the possibility to do the Paternity Test!!!

massimo