View Single Post
Old 29-09-2010, 16:05   #11
krala

Send a message via Yahoo to krala
Default well.. just from experience

Hello everybody,
I have come back to this post just to let everyone know what my experience was with the dog and the collar..
I have used the collar for about one month when going on walks. The first time I used it I really thought the damn thing wasn´t working because the dog just did not react. I was using the lowest level, but still .. no reaction. When I used the collar on my other dog, a carpathian sheperd mix, I did get a very clear reaction so I really think that the czw have a very different reaction to pain, which may be an issue if the dog is ill.
Anyway, the second day, she started to understand the idea and the hole process went very well, I used the stimuli lesser and lesser. After this first month , I did put the collar on krala a few more times , on and off , but did hardly ever actually use it. I have not used it this year.
I have to say that for an unexperienced owner like me with really few other options, including no really ¨professional¨ professional, it was a good sollution.
I have read about the bread before getting the dog, when we were inside the house she was very obediant, I could take food out of her mouth, moved her from the sofa without problems, she walked ok on a leash etc, but as soon as she was without the leash, she was totally out of control.
It is much better now, i have only used the collar to teach ¨come¨ and i can trust her now. it is true though that the collar alone is not an option, if the dog is not properly handled no amount of ¨electricity¨will stop it from chasing a rabbit, for instance..especially, as I have said they have amazing tollerence to pain!

There it is! i hope this helps someone
Ioana
krala jest offline   Reply With Quote