View Single Post
Old 13-03-2008, 10:25   #13
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malgor View Post
You know, I am repeatedly amazed on this forum that people who shout so loud about wanting to advance the breed (as all owners should), are so keen to attack newcomers - especially if those newcomers need some help. I simply wanted to know what worked for other people, to see if some of the answers could make life easier for me and my pups, and help the original poster - but I guess that was too much to ask. I guess the elitist csv 'experts' don't want anyone else to have one, since the general advice seems to be 'take them back, you can't handle them!'
It´s pity that you see it this way. But I think that you simply do not like the reply - that it would make your life easier, if you had only one puppy, because it is extremelly difficult to raise properly two CSW pups at the same time!
There is really no better advice for now, than to give up one of the pups and focus on raising properly the remaining one, which still will be task challenging enough, don´t worry.

I have had four different wolfdogs at home during time, currently two. The last puppy was driving me crazy, even I had all the time for her, because I did not have job at that time. I honestly cannot imagine to be raising and educating two crazy CSW pups, and a toddler! Even if you had all your time for it, it is very difficult, time consuming and sometimes very frustrating. And there are worse times comming!

Every honest and reasonable breeder here will tell you, that to get two CSW pups at one is insane and only leads to trouble. I have seen those troubles happen to others, who were as stubborn as you and did not want to listen.. And who paid the utlimate deadly price? The dogs, of course.

If you really like the breed and you really want it to get recognised in UK, then I believe you also realise, that if you mess up and things go wrong, you will only help the breed to stay on DEFRA´s list for longer...