View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 23:14   #80
draggar

Pollux has a way of surprising people and the real Pollux is coming out more and more every day, one stride at a time. For example:

Yesterday was the American Independence Day and a very common way to celebrate it is to set off fireworks. Fireworks are everything most dogs would hate, they're loud, they can be heard from a long distance away, they're a quick and loud POP, a bright light (if close enough), and unpredictable.

I decided to give the dogs their final walks for the evening around 8PM, it was still light out so most people wouldn't have started by then. (It was either that or wait until midnight when the fireworks tone down or 2-3AM when they stop (and I leave for work at 6am).

I walked Pollux first knowing he would be affected by it the most. I was wrong, he wasn't to affected by it at all.

Most of it was medium popping and some flashes that didn't even phase Pollux. If there was a flash he'd look up as if he was thinking "What is that, it looks like a fun toy!". A few M80's were set off near us (1/4 stick of dynamite) which all he did was look up (as if surprised), looked around, and then went on with what he was doing before (sniffing, etc.). I walked Luna next and he didn't waste any time, she did her business and pulled me back into the house.

This is one instance where he did better than she did.

As for where Pollux is going, the person ha acres of open land where Pollux can run around with the other dogs. He also has a lot of experience with wolf hybrids so a vlcak, even one with Pollux's temperament issues, should be a step down from what he's used to (like going from working line malinois to show line GSDs, perhaps, but maybe not as extreme?). He is a trainer and will be able to dedicate the time Pollux needs.

I think there are only two people on this forum who can honestly claim they've seen the real Pollux come out. We think the exposure he'll get in CA will help bring that out even faster.
draggar jest offline   Reply With Quote